• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers - TotK Plus What Other Game?

I want to take advantage of the Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers deal and buy Tears of the Kingdom plus one other game, but I can't decide on the 2nd game.

I own: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Metroid Dread, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Odyssey, and Breath of the Wild.

Potential games I'm contemplating: Link's Awakening, Pikmin 4, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, or possibly something else.

Any recommendations?

TransTrender

Gold Member
Of the potential list, I can only mildly recommend Kirby.

My recommendation would be Hyrule Warriors.

Edit: Don't actually know what other titles are on the voucher system

Last edited:
Of the potential list, I can only mildly recommend Kirby.

My recommendation would be Hyrule Warriors.

Edit: Don't actually know what other titles are on the voucher system
I believe Hyrule Warriors is eligible. I also considered Luigi's Mansion 3 or Splatoon 3. Tough deciding for myself or perhaps for my 6 yr old daughter lol. I was surprised by the number of decent titles available with the voucher.

Kirby was a good game. Is Mario Allstars buyable with vouchers

Other than that, I'd wait for Pikmin.
I didn't see it on the list. I'm leaning toward Pikmin 4 but i'm horrible at making decisions lol.

Last edited:
Fire Emblem!!
See I'm just not a big RPG person. I have fond memories of playing Shining Force 2 way back when haha. I think the last RPG that I played all the way through was Skies of Arcadia lol. Unless Fantasy Life for the 3DS counts.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
I believe Hyrule Warriors is eligible. I also considered Luigi's Mansion 3 or Splatoon 3. Tough deciding for myself or perhaps for my 6 yr old daughter lol.
I looked and both Hyrule Warriors games are on the list. In my opinion the original is better than Age of Calamity, but the sequel is still very much worth playing.

I found Luigi's Mansion 3 to be terrible. I got really turned off from Luigi's literally beating the ever undead shit out of these ghosts for money, while still prancing around scared to death, flapping his arms around, in his piss soaked overalls.

I'm sure Splatoon 3 is fantastic, but I won't buy it because it will be a black hole of my time and my life. Too dangerous.

Everything aside from Mario and MK8D are beyond her.

Last edited:

Edmund

See I'm just not a big RPG person. I have fond memories of playing Shining Force 2 way back when haha. I think the last RPG that I played all the way through was Skies of Arcadia lol. Unless Fantasy Life for the 3DS counts.

Shining Force is the greatest SRPG series to me. I've been wishing so hard for a Shining Force 4. I don't think it'll ever come though :messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying:

blacktout

Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a wonderful, inventive game that both you and your daughter should be able to enjoy. It's definitely accessible to younger players but not completely braindead.

I guess you might not like it if you have a problem with cutesy games but I can't imagine that you would even be considering it if you did.

Marvel14

Banned
I want to take advantage of the Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers deal and buy Tears of the Kingdom plus one other game, but I can't decide on the 2nd game.

I own: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Metroid Dread, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Odyssey, and Breath of the Wild.

Potential games I'm contemplating: Link's Awakening, Pikmin 4, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, or possibly something else.

Any recommendations?
Pikmin 4....Pikmin 3 is stunning and they've been working on the sequel for years. Reckon it's gonna be another AAA classic when it hits. Miyamotos baby but we won't know for sure until its out.

TYRiAX

I was tossing up between Kirby and the forgotten land or Xenoblade Chronicles 3... in the end didn't want to make a rash choice and left it... will just need to make sure I remember to use the coupon before it expires :)

Woopah

Vouchers are for all first party games. So if you are into action titles then how about Bayonetta 3 or Astral Chain?

Of course Pikmin 4 would also be a good shout if it has local co-op (which I assume it will have).

Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a wonderful, inventive game that both you and your daughter should be able to enjoy. It's definitely accessible to younger players but not completely braindead.

I guess you might not like it if you have a problem with cutesy games but I can't imagine that you would even be considering it if you did.
Yep I'm definitely open for games that my daughter might also enjoy!
Metroid Prime Remastered
Luigi Mansion 3
I looked for Metroid Prime Remastered and didn't see it. But that's a good recommendation!
Do you not have an interest in Splatoon 3 or Smash Ultimate OP? They are 2 of my go to short-burst games.
Bayonetta has never been my thing and I'm trying to avoid anything competitive like smash brothers or Splatoon. I get too stressed out and mad lol.

So it looks like it's between Pikmin 4 and Kirby. I really appreciate the help everyone! And like one poster also mentioned, I could just wait on the 2nd game. There is no reason to rush the decision. Cheers! 🙌

MAtgS

I went with Advance Wars myself. The thought process was "what do I really don't wanna have to spend $60 on?" The way I see it, I paid $70 for TotK and got AW for $30.

Top Bottom