• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch OLED Model Splatoon 3 Edition revealed | Out on August 26

Draugoth

Gold Member
FW_DEdtXwAcAsbf

Ezquimacore

Banned
It does looks nice. But I would not buy new Nintendo hardware with Zelda around the corner. Zelda OLED edition or Switch 2 is going to happen yes or yes.

DonF

Splatoon dock*. Or the console has something special?

Edit: ok just saw the video. Cool looking console and joycons.

Last edited:
Not that this is an indication at all about future plans for hardware in 2023, but I cannot get over how this is more expensive than than the regular Switch OLED and contains no accessories or additional content. Just cosmetic decorations. Wild!

Yup, this is EXACTLY what Nintendo's fanbase was asking for, another fugly switch color.

That doesn't even COME WITH THE GAME it looks like!

Oh Nintendo!
This is fairly standard practice, to be honest. Releasing a special edition of a console launching near a major game release is pretty common, and Nintendo never bundles the game in. They have no reason to, it sells regardless.

kubricks

Oh that's what the stock piled materials and privated oled/lite launch video for right lol.

Well in any case, zero interest whatsoever on yet another Switch with same hardware just in a different skin.

Instead of sticking different skin on it, next time try to fix the fucking drifting joycons will you?

Last edited:

lachesis

Actually I love that gradient joycon color.
Would love to get it, but I think I'll just hold onto the ACNH edition as I never really play portable, and I would rather see some meaningful performance upgrade.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
This is fairly standard practice, to be honest. Releasing a special edition of a console launching near a major game release is pretty common, and Nintendo never bundles the game in. They have no reason to, it sells regardless.
They bundled a code for Splatoon 2 with that special edition when I bought it in 2017. It was priced more but also included a case so it was a good deal.

Last edited:
They bundled a code for Splatoon 2 with that special edition when I bought it in 2017. It was priced more but also included a case so it was a good deal.
It happens, but it's rare. In the Switch generation, they tend to release themed consoles without the software, and that model seems to work for them.

Sojiro

I really like those Joycon colors, but I don't think it carried over well to the pro controller. I don't like how the colors look on it.

Tams

I really like those Joycon colors, but I don't think it carried over well to the pro controller. I don't like how the colors look on it.
The Splatoon 2 Pro Controller looked worse. The pink and green were very garish. Though other than the handle colours I think this is exactly the same.

Colour wise, the Pro controllers are very boring. On no version is the body a different colour, only the same translucent black, perhaps with some etched patterns.

Why?

It's an LE edition. It's been that way with LE hardware for years.
Yeah, I understand it's how they do it. I just hate it. I don't get excited anymore about limited console bundles, like I did when I was younger. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, or because they tend to not bundle the games in them anymore with the hardware, but I just don't get it. As a huge spender on Nintendo games/ systems, I don't get it. I own a Switch, but I have no reason to have two of the same thing. If they're not going to do a spec upgrade, I don't see the point in upgrading until that revision happens. So is a Switch with Splatoon colors supposed to be marketed to people who don't already own one? This is meant to be enticing to people who love Splatoon, but somehow don't own a Switch already? I feel like that customer can't really exist in very large numbers. Not when 95%+ of Splatoon players are Splatoon 2 owners, which means they already own a Switch. Am I making any sense? LOL

Their marketing data must be telling them the opposite of what I think as a consumer/ avid Nintendo fan. They must be selling these things to people who own a Switch and will splurge on another Switch, and I guess apparently there is a large market for that! Good for them, if so. Personally, I will just save my $350 for a true upgrade.

Last edited:
Yeah, I understand it's how they do it. I just hate it. I don't get excited anymore about limited console bundles, like I did when I was younger. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older, or because they tend to not bundle the games in them anymore with the hardware, but I just don't get it. As a huge spender on Nintendo games/ systems, I don't get it. I own a Switch, but I have no reason to have two of the same thing. If they're not going to do a spec upgrade, I don't see the point in upgrading until that revision happens. So is a Switch with Splatoon colors supposed to be marketed to people who don't already own one? This is meant to be enticing to people who love Splatoon, but somehow don't own a Switch already? I feel like that customer can't really exist in very large numbers. Not when 95%+ of Splatoon players are Splatoon 2 owners, which means they already own a Switch. Am I making any sense? LOL

Their marketing data must be telling them the opposite of what I think as a consumer/ avid Nintendo fan. They must be selling these things to people who own a Switch and will splurge on another Switch, and I guess apparently there is a large market for that! Good for them, if so. Personally, I will just save my $350 for a true upgrade.

It's called supply and demand.

Kuranghi

Imagine the Switch Pro comes out and its not even faster or anything its just really slutty, whatever that entails, it sleeps with your Playstation or something.

Top Bottom