• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Sports holds No.1 after small sales drop | UK Boxed Charts Otherwise, it's yet another very quiet week for UK games retail

reksveks

Nintendo Switch Sports holds No.1 for a second consecutive week, despite a slight 32% drop in boxed sales week-on-week.

It comfortably holds off Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, which is still at No.2 despite a 24% sales fall.

It was another good week for PS5 stock, and as a result Horizon Forbidden West is back in the Top Three after a 108% sales increase week-on-week.

The one new release in the charts is the boxed launch of PlayStation exclusive Sifu, which debuts at No.9. 81% of the sales were on PS5, while the rest were on PS4.

There was some decent performances for Switch games last week, in part due to some retail sales activity. Mario Kart 8: Deluxe is at No.4 after a 3% sales increase, while Kirby and the Forgotten Land is back at No.5 following a 19% sales jump.

Here is the GfK UK Boxed Top Ten for the week ending May 7:
Last WeekThis WeekTitle
11Nintendo Switch Sports
22Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
43Horizon Forbidden West
64Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
95Kirby and the Forgotten Land
56Pokémon Legends: Arceus
77Elden Ring
88Grand Theft Auto 5
New Entry9Sifu
1210Minecraft (Switch)

Source: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...s-no-1-after-small-sales-drop-uk-boxed-charts

I wonder if Chris has any insight into the bundle situation in the UK. Chart reads like they bundled mainly Horizon, but not GT7 for example. Would be nice to know the whole picture. Someone bother him on Twitter :messenger_grinning:

Kirby and the Forgotten Land is back at No.5 following a 19% sales jump.
kirby-kirby-car.gif

reksveks

Completely list here:

I wonder if Chris has any insight into the bundle situation in the UK. Chart reads like they bundled mainly Horizon, but not GT7 for example. Would be nice to know the whole picture. Someone bother him on Twitter :messenger_grinning:
There's also bundles for GT7 and others...yet only one is Top 3. Clearly there's interest in it and the game isn't selling to its full potential

Limba

Banned
Horizon is still high on the charts despite them saying it was forgotten. Meanwhile games like Halo/Horizon 5 are forgotten and not charting

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I can’t see it being up in the top ten much longer around two - four months I’ll give it. I doubt it will have MK style longevity.

If it could do Wii number that would be insane.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

I can’t see it being up in the top ten much longer around two - four months I’ll give it. I doubt it will have MK style longevity.

If it could do Wii number that would be insane.
Even if it only sells like, 15 million for example it would still be a huge success since the Switch doesn’t need Wii Sports to carry it, the amount of money it makes will be crazy since its not bundled software.

But i have no idea what reach this game really has 😳 could be far more than 15 million, maybe less..

Top Bottom