• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo switch sports takes the top spot in UK as Ps5 stock bumps HFW and GT7 to the top 5

SLB1904

Banned
FRs6D1mXMAIYWy1

This makes me wonder how much better these new games would do with decent PS5 stock.

Also, Gran Turismo 7 having those legs is amazing. It deserves all the success. Same for Horizon. Top 4 after more than 2 months is great.

Edit: GTAV is going to be top 10 by the time it's celebrating its 10th anniversary isn't it?

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
This makes me wonder how much better these new games would do with decent PS5 stock.

Also, Gran Turismo 7 having those legs is amazing. It deserves all the success. Same for Horizon. Top 4 after more than 2 months is great.

Edit: GTAV is going to be top 10 by the time it's celebrating its 10th anniversary isn't it?
not that saying gt 7 won't be around for a while (which unless they do something weird like release gt8 next year or something, I'm sure it will) but 2 months isn't some amazing thing for a series as big as gran Turismo, when it's still kicking in the top 20 in a few years like gta, spiderman or Nintendo's evergreens, then I'd call the legs amazing
Miles Morales must be over 10m globally by now, it never leaves the top 20
I said back when at launch spiderman would be a constant seller, and even if interest cools, it makes excellent pack in material, spiderman commands attention on a box (marvel actually used to stick spiderman appearances everywhere just to pick up some extra sales,, people like spiderman, give them good spider man and they will buy it if Activision hadn't decided to treat spiderman as a quick cash in they could have all that sweet spidey cash sony's raking in, but like dopes, they decided c- material was good enough

Jennings

It's funny how crossgen games (at least in the case of exclusives) sell so much better on new hardware to the point that people seem to wait till they get a nextgen console to play them.
I waited until I got my Seriex X before installing Control, Tomb Raider 1 2 3, Fenrix Rising, Forza 5, Guardians of the Galaxy, It takes Two and a few more. I could have played all these on One X, but there was no reason to with a better frame rate waiting for me down the line.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It's funny how crossgen games (at least in the case of exclusives) sell so much better on new hardware to the point that people seem to wait till they get a nextgen console to play them.
Maybe it is a question of optics when you cannot sell as many PS5’s as you would create demand for with truly next generation games but yes… it is a bit sad seeing the bulk of the sales on systems that were not the target platform for said games.

SLB1904

Banned
not that saying gt 7 won't be around for a while (which unless they do something weird like release gt8 next year or something, I'm sure it will) but 2 months isn't some amazing thing for a series as big as gran Turismo, when it's still kicking in the top 20 in a few years like gta, spiderman or Nintendo's evergreens, then I'd call the legs amazing
Gt sport which most of people didn't like charted till this year in EU, its safe to day gt7 will be around for a long time. I have no doubts about it

It became a running joke when clowns came into threads claiming that the only way Sony is selling their first party games is because they were tied to bundles. A crock of shit argument, you'd agree.
Yeah it's likely a mix of both "organic" software sales and bundled software sales. Would be nice to know what the ratio is.

MrA

Banned
Gt sport which most of people didn't like charted till this year in EU, its safe to day gt7 will be around for a long time. I have no doubts about it
Like I said unless sony does something odd like release gt8 super early, gt7 will be around awhile, hence why 2 months aren't impressive legs

Switch Sports will sell millions just on the nostalgia factor of Wii Sports alone. I had a switch on release but sold it a few months later after playing BoTW, and this prompted me to buy one again.

Now that Switch has a bunch of great games in its catalogue I don’t mind double dipping a few years later. Pretty disappointed that the classics like baseball, boxing and golf are missing at launch though. That and the motion control in Switch feels less involved than it was with the Wii so you pretty much just flick your wrist and job done.

That said, game is fun and families will love it. The online side of it is great too. Not sure if Wii Sports was online but i only ever played it locally. Haven’t lost a game of bowling yet.

It became a running joke when clowns came into threads claiming that the only way Sony is selling their first party games is because they were tied to bundles. A crock of shit argument, you'd agree.
They're just jealous that the best-selling next-gen exclusive is Astro's Playroom.

Top Bottom