• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo will now repair Joy-Con drift free of charge in the UK, EU and Switzerland

Kuranghi

My experience: I had joy-con drift years ago, I'm in the UK, they didn't charge me anything for it. I didn't even pay the postage to them, it was a printed label.

edit - I just reread the OP and this part "...whether this is caused by a defect or by wear and tear." Maybe thats the actual story, you can get your sticks repaired for free even if you just fuck them of your own accord.

Last edited:

blacktout

My experience: I had joy-con drift years ago, I'm in the UK, they didn't charge me anything for it. I didn't even pay the postage to them, it was a printed label.

This has been my experience too, even with ancient joycons that were years out of warranty. That said, I live in the US and I think this has been the policy here for a few years now. Don't know why it took Europe so long, especially since drift has been a known issue since nearly day one.

ZoukGalaxy

Grumpy Cat Party GIF by Internet Cat Video Festival
Happy Birthday GIF by Internet Cat Video Festival

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Hasn't this been the case since forever? I remember talking to Nintendo (Bergsala) in Sweden about it years ago, and they said they would fix it for free, any time.

Smasher89

Hasn't this been the case since forever? I remember talking to Nintendo (Bergsala) in Sweden about it years ago, and they said they would fix it for free, any time.
wierd, I usually have that experience from them(pre switch years), but last time i mailed them it was like 350 to fix 1 joycon, then 100 for each of the next ones, so I skipped sending them in (that +shipping would be waaay to expensive even if it was 2 joyconpairs still not fixed).

Skyfox

I had to pay packing and shipping both ways and I had to pay for the repair.

I did NOT mistreat the console in ANY way.

And it was like 6 or 7 months old. They told me take it or leave it on the phone and seemed like they would hang up on me and I'd have to buy new joycons at full price.

Standalone Joycons were super expensive at the time.

This is all on Nintendo and I won't forget it.

Last edited:

Tams

I'm back in the UK, so that's great news for me at least. In Japan they force you to buy their warranty/insurance to get them repaired. Bastards.

Might just do it myself and get some GuliKit sticks though, as they'll just break again eventually.

RCU005

It doesn’t matter what Nintendo’s next console is, but whatever they do, they need to fix this issue. It might be something that every controller has, but the Joycons are horrible.

Dutchy

Had an ad overlap the thread title except for the word "Switzerland" and I was ready to post a lot of complaints

Emedan

We got pretty good consumer laws to begin with in Europe to be fair, we could always demand they repair it (in Sweden it's up to 3 years)

xrnzaaas

What's crazy is that Nintendo didn't fix the problem in new consoles / joycons and apparently it even exists in the Lite model. Maybe it's still less expensive for them to repair joycons sent by the customers than spend xx more money on better quality parts.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
What's crazy is that Nintendo didn't fix the problem in new consoles / joycons and apparently it even exists in the Lite model. Maybe it's still less expensive for them to repair joycons sent by the customers than spend xx more money on better quality parts.
My lite seems fine.
My day 1 switch was fucked
All joycons broken

Oled switch seems ok

Top Bottom