• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World suspends rides as ‘Goombas break free and fall onto track’ (Is this the attack of the Goombas)

kingfey

Banned
THE STACK OF MARIO ENEMIES FELL SEVERAL METRES, NARROWLY AVOIDING GUESTS ON A NEARBY RIDE

A stack of decorative Goomba characters at Japan’s Super Nintendo World fell over this week, narrowly missing guests.

The incident happened on Monday afternoon at the Osaka-based park’s Yoshi’s Adventure ride, Asahi Shumbun Digital reports.

The piece of scenery, which is shaped like four Super Mario Goomba enemies standing on top of each other in a stack, fell over and landed near the entrance to a tunnel on the ride.

The Goombas reportedly fell from a height of several metres but landed on a section of the ride that was inaccessible by guests, meaning nobody was hurt.

A video shared on social media shows four Super Nintendo World staff members struggling to lift up the statue, suggesting it’s heavy.

According to park management, some attractions in the park were suspended until the morning of the following day, so staff could perform checks to make sure everything else was safe.
Japan’s annual typhoon season traditionally peaks in August and September, and Asahi Shimbun Digital reports that Typhoon Lupit, the ninth typhoon of the year, was due to approach the Kansai region where Universal Studios Japan is located.
It’s not confirmed if winds caused the Goombas to fall, but the operating company is currently investigating the cause.

rSHjLe0.png

Super Nintendo World officially opened in Osaka, Japan on March 18, and is due to open at Universal Studios’ Hollywood and Florida locations too, though the former looks likely to be the first US park to open, with construction already underway.

The Hollywood park has also started selling Super Nintendo World merchandise ahead of its opening, marking the first time theme park-related items have been available outside of Japan.

Meanwhile, at the Japan park, construction work has started on Super Nintendo World’s Donkey Kong expansion, which has yet to be officially confirmed despite being heavily reported on over several years.

P.s. It seems our Goomba are trying to revolt against us for killing them in the game.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Let's be honest, that would be a fucking amazing way to die

I'm so so sorry she said -regretting her naivety- How did it happen? Your father's dead I mean. -Immediately kicking herself for her intense curiosity- Sorry I asked Kevin, nevermind.. It's okay Sarah, Kevin replied, it's just, well, it's a weird story and I'm not sure you'll believe me, that's all.. It's okay Kev, please, you know you can be yourself, I'm your... Your friend.. -She looked at him and gave a slight smile, compassion and something else, he couldn't put his finger on, was merely hidden behind her gaze- Well he said..

MY DAD WAS KILLED BY A GOOMBA

The End.

Trimesh

Banned
I'm not surprised - just think how many players that first Goomba in Super Mario Bros world 1-1 has killed!

Top Bottom