• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendogs and Advance Wars DS Availability in NYC

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Nintendo World Store
Manhattan
New York

Available today.

$34.99 for AWDS
$29.99 for each of the Nintendogs versions.

Picked up all four games today.

Sorry if it's already been posted. I can't search or browse these forums while I'm at work, but I thought you guys would appreciate the heads up.

NW Store rocks. Always getting shit a day early...

Matlock

Banned
All the dogs are in every version of Nintendogs, so...why?!
confused.gif

Flynn

Jeff-DSA said:
Why? So you can call them and watch them not come?

I'd love to see the solution they come up with for creating a game around the mercurial feline personality.

TheDiave

Banned
I'm still slightly bitter 'bout you already having the games, but then again, if I lived in NYC, I would've hit the Nintendo World store as well. So, I guess I can't hate you for doing as I would've done were I in your position.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Damn, why couldn't they come out on Sat? I was actually at the Nintendo World store for the first time then (well I've been to it when it was the Pokemon store). It's nice but would have been cooler if they sold old games there or had set up kiosks with some older games.

Mejilan

djtiesto said:
Damn, why couldn't they come out on Sat? I was actually at the Nintendo World store for the first time then (well I've been to it when it was the Pokemon store). It's nice but would have been cooler if they sold old games there or had set up kiosks with some older games.

I imagine you at least fiddled with the Nintendogs demos they had up there, right?

PS. Both games rock hard.

Mejilan

And Nintendogs, yes.

Wellington, I was there around 2:15pm, and they still had PLENTY of copies of all 3 versions of Nintendogs and AWDS. I was fielding a call at the time, so I didn't look too hard behind the counter, but I did see dozens of dozens of NDS games stacked up back there, I suspect they were mostly Nintendogs and AWDS, in various stages of being unpacked.

Nester

moowear said:
I must've missed this...so box art is the only thing that is different among the 3 copies?

There's 6 types of dogs in each version of the game, but you can unlock all of the dogs without having to connect to someone else with different versions.

I picked up all 3 versions too, but the other two are giveaways to new DS owners after I yank the registration codes.

junkwaffle

In Front and Drawing Away
I didn't fare as well on finding these games. Went to GameStop, EB and Best Buy. After being told 'tomorrow' enough times, I decided to stop looking. Didn't think of NW!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mejilan said:
And Nintendogs, yes.

Wellington, I was there around 2:15pm, and they still had PLENTY of copies of all 3 versions of Nintendogs and AWDS. I was fielding a call at the time, so I didn't look too hard behind the counter, but I did see dozens of dozens of NDS games stacked up back there, I suspect they were mostly Nintendogs and AWDS, in various stages of being unpacked.

My brother got both. Thanks dude. ;)

Mejilan

junkwaffle said:
I didn't fare as well on finding these games. Went to GameStop, EB and Best Buy. After being told 'tomorrow' enough times, I decided to stop looking. Didn't think of NW!

Junky! C'mon, you've been here longer than me. When was the last time a Nintendo game came out on a Monday in the NY/NJ area? Nintendo World always seems to get one day up on 1st party stores. I've been buying all of my first party Nintendo goods at NW since they always get them a day early!

Wellington said:
My brother got both. Thanks dude. ;)

I'm happy he got them! I wasn't sure if the store was still open when you posted your last message. You both are quite welcome. Enjoy! :)

I went to GameStop and they said "tomorrow", and I went to Wal-Mart and the chick at the counter didn't even know what it was.

Mejilan

No problem. Man, I just wasted a good half hour on AWDS's new Combat mode. It's pretty lame. AW doesn't work nearly as well when it's a real time action game. :/

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I know I'm gonna get suckered into a Nintendogs purchase the moment I buy AW: DS tomorrow.

It's inevitable.

Top Bottom