• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIS America release Spotlight Trailer for Fallen Legion Revenants

Bullet Club

NIS America release Spotlight Trailer for Fallen Legion Revenants​

NIS America has released a new Spotlight Trailer for Fallen Legion Revenants, which is set to release for PlayStation 5, Xbox consoles, and PC (Steam) on August 23 in North America and August 26 in Europe.

Fallen Legion Revenants is launching alongside Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory, which received its own Spotlight Trailer earlier this year.

The Fallen Legion series releases are a little confusing, so here's a small primer:
  • Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory is a combination of two individual games, Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire and Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion. The combination is already available for Nintendo Switch and Steam, while the individual games are already available for PlayStation 4.
  • Fallen Legion Revenants is a sequel to Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory. It is already available for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
  • So essentially, this new release will ultimately result in a version of all Fallen Legion titles being available for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam.
The new trailer and description can be found below, via NIS America. More information can be found in the announcement post from New Game+ Expo in March 2022.. The official website is here.

Under the oppressive rule of the tyrant Ivor, the inhabitants of Welkin Castle struggle to survive. With the world covered in miasma they have no choice but to suffer until an unlikely duo challenges him. Will an unlikely alliance between a politician and a revenant be enough to overcome the odds?

Source: RPG Site

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
NIS America, I'm still waiting for you guys to announce western release date for....
GrimGrimoire-OnceMore_2022_04-14-22_002-320x449.jpg

6gh.gif

manfestival

Not crazy about the art direction but that combat system looks really interesting. I don't hate the art but I don't love it compared to other titles that I have played from NIS

So it looks Revenants has more of an exploration aspect than the previous games in the series.

I really like the look of it.

There was an attempt to copy Vanillware games
I misread this as vaporware. Does it actually play like games like Odin Sphere? I heard there's not really any exploration and just running and combating but maybe the new one is different?

I'm generally not into these kind of games where it's just run and fight and one direction but the graphics and everything look really good on here.

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
I misread this as vaporware. Does it actually play like games like Odin Sphere? I heard there's not really any exploration and just running and combating but maybe the new one is different?

I'm generally not into these kind of games where it's just run and fight and one direction but the graphics and everything look really good on here.
I honestly don't remember why I wrote that.
I think It was because the sprites kinda resemble the skeletal 2D animated sprites that Vanillaware uses (but not with the same quality)

From some gameplay videos, it seems this game attemps to mimic Valkyrie Profile's combat system.
But I'm still confused about how the game is supposed to work. It seems to constantly shift from a non-stop sequence of battles to some sort of adventure/exploration game.

Not sure if it's fun or not. It looks kinda tiresome.

I honestly don't remember why I wrote that.
I think It was because the sprites kinda resemble the skeletal 2D animated sprites that Vanillaware uses (but not with the same quality)

From some gameplay videos, it seems this game attemps to mimic Valkyrie Profile's combat system.
But I'm still confused about how the game is supposed to work. It seems to constantly shift from a non-stop sequence of battles to some sort of adventure/exploration game.

Not sure if it's fun or not. It looks kinda tiresome.
I think I read that this new game has some exploration elements but the two previous games in the series do not.

Yeah, looking at some videos it looks like it was combat non-stop with some cutscenes in-between. This one seems to focus a little on exploration as well.
I would like to see a game, probably the next game in the series, to have more freedom to explore and be similar to Odin Sphere, for instance.

The graphics and everything are beautiful but I'm not a big fan of just running in combating things with little-to-no freedom

Top Bottom