• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Gravity Games is giving away 19 free digital Switch games throughout December (US Only)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No Gravity Games is giving away a total of 19 digital Switch games (US only) during the month of December. Here's how it works:

The first free game is Pirates: All Aboard!

Which you can get for free by signing up for their newsletter here:

Then, starting December 1st - they'll be giving away a new free digital Switch game from their catalog every day for 18 days. The catch is that you have to have redeemed the previous day's game to get the current game for free. So you can't miss any days! If you do, you would need to purchase the previous day's game to start the chain again.

December 1st (if you have Pirates: All Aboard! in your account), then Creepy Tale is free

December 2nd (if you have Creepy Tale in your account), then Star Horizon is free

December 3rd (if you have Star Horizon in your account), then Strike Force Kitty is free

And so on and so forth. The rest of the games haven't been revealed yet, but here is a list of their Switch games to give you an idea of what it might be

These are obviously not AAA games, but the price is right!

ManaByte

Gold Member
These are obviously not AAA games
Star Trek Facepalm GIF

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Nintendo hates Europe for some reason. We are always left out on anything Nintendo related.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How long does it take to receive the code after signup?
I did this a few days ago, but after I signed up (and confirmed via their first email) it took about 5 minutes for me to receive the email that contained the code.

TidusYuna

I did this a few days ago, but after I signed up (and confirmed via their first email) it took about 5 minutes for me to receive the email that contained the code.

I still haven't received a code after signup so I'm hoping they didn't run out of codes.

jshackles

I still haven't received a code after signup so I'm hoping they didn't run out of codes.
Did you get an email asking you to confirm signing up? I got that one immediately after signing up, then another after I confirmed to confirm that I had confirmed. Then about 5 minutes later I got the newsletter with the code.

It does say that it can take up to 24 hours to get delivered, maybe they only send them out once a day and I got incredibly lucky?

TidusYuna

Did you get an email asking you to confirm signing up? I got that one immediately after signing up, then another after I confirmed to confirm that I had confirmed. Then about 5 minutes later I got the newsletter with the code.

It does say that it can take up to 24 hours to get delivered, maybe they only send them out once a day and I got incredibly lucky?
Well, I signed up today a couple minutes before my original post and yes I confirmed my email right after. Still no code for me :( . I guess i'll check if they email me one by tomorrow.

bender

What time is it?
Check your spam filters. You should get a confirmation email that links back to their website and once you confirm the subscription, you should get an email with the code for the game shortly after.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Got my pirate game. So yeah, it was this same publisher that did this last year. Got Rekt and a bunch of other games.

They definitely publish mostly crap, but I looked them up on Switch and they also publish Okinawa Rush which is one of the best new beat em ups. Try the demo. Hopefully they're trying to build up and get more games.

Star Horizon seems okay for free. They showed the first 3 of 18.

Creepy Tale
Star Horizon
Kitty Strike Force

Got my pirate game. So yeah, it was this same publisher that did this last year. Got Rekt and a bunch of other games.

They definitely publish mostly crap, but I looked them up on Switch and they also publish Okinawa Rush which is one of the best new beat em ups. Try the demo. Hopefully they're trying to build up and get more games.

Star Horizon seems okay for free. They showed the first 3 of 18.

Creepy Tale
Star Horizon
Kitty Strike Force
Not exactly the same. Previously it was QubicGames that pulled this stunt, 2019 IIRC. I'm not sure how/why/when some of their games now end up published by No Gravity though.

I'd guess that those generous time buffers are to reduce complaint spam in case of technical issues/extenuating circumstances. Gives them time to solve any potential hiccups.

They also help make the service look good and in your case, even make you think you're lucky.

Basically if you can do something in 10 minutes, don't say you can. People will take it for granted and you risk making yourself look bad when you run into issues.

ha ha, shame on me, that's what happens when you're multi-tasking.
Yea it happens.

Anyway, you're sort of right on one thing: to qualify for each day's free game you need to own the ones prior to it in the chain, whether it's via the free redemption or purchase.

Eg. If multitasking caused you to forget to redeem day 2's game, you can purchase it on day 3 and redeem day 3's game for free. If you missed days 2-3, then you need to buy both of the games from those days to redeem day 4's.

Cheers.

J3nga

Yea it happens.

Anyway, you're sort of right on one thing: to qualify for each day's free game you need to own the ones prior to it in the chain, whether it's via the free redemption or purchase.

Eg. If multitasking caused you to forget to redeem day 2's game, you can purchase it on day 3 and redeem day 3's game for free. If you missed days 2-3, then you need to buy both of the games from those days to redeem day 4's.

Cheers.
Not really that interested in the titles itself, but maybe someone is, similar to EGS giveaways, never really played any of the stuff I have redeemed so stopped a while ago.

Eevee86

They still haven't sent me a code, but they did send me an email letting me know that the giveaway starts today. They are just trolling me at this point. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Same. Only signed up last night though so hopefully it shows up at some point today.

R6Rider

Gold Member
They still haven't sent me a code, but they did send me an email letting me know that the giveaway starts today. They are just trolling me at this point. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
That sucks. I actually had given up until I noticed the email much later.

jshackles

New website:

Looks like the weekend games are good through the weekend - they're only doing new games Monday - Friday (and then Friday's games are free all weekend).

jshackles

On the plus side, it can only get better from here ... right? :lollipop_astonished:
I can only hope so!

Personally I'm hoping they give out their Castlevania clone, their ninja game, and their nonogram (picross) game. But we'll see!

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I can only hope so!

Personally I'm hoping they give out their Castlevania clone, their ninja game, and their nonogram (picross) game. But we'll see!
If we get that beat em' up on Christmas it would be worth all this trouble 10x over. But there's like 0.00001% chance we'll get that. It just came out and it's actually fantastic. Hasn't even had a sale discount yet.

Last edited:

Quasicat

The main reason why I jumped on this was to play Star Horizon for free. It always looked like a Star Fox game to me. It’s OK, but I would describe it as a space version of Panzer Dragoon, but you can’t control the camera. That sucks, because enemies are constantly hitting you from behind.

Graviter is fairly decent from my short time with it. UI/UX probably needed some expert consultant and the low quality, unskippable compressed video intro isn't a good first impression. Not sure if the later puzzles will be ingenious but I like the concept at least.

Strike Force Kitty had the same crappy video compression but with the addition of some crap bugs: I couldn't resume playing it after putting it to sleep during its intro.

If we get that beat em' up on Christmas it would be worth all this trouble 10x over. But there's like 0.00001% chance we'll get that. It just came out and it's actually fantastic. Hasn't even had a sale discount yet.
I'm already getting entertainment out of the Steam reviews. Some excerpts from this example:
This game was designed by an utter madman. I have never seen a beat-em-up like this. I cannot even figure out what his influences are. He has completely ignored an entire genre and just built his own thing!
As a brief example, because the developer is insane, your uppercut is keys to ffd->attack, but this move's pain in the ass input is paid off by how powerful it is, so the developer may be crazy but he is crazy like a fox.
Arcade presets your stats and locks you into a difficulty, but Story mode gives you a whopping 20 difficulties to pick from again because the developer is utterly insane.
Three characters each with three endings whose requirements are a little bit more intuitive than the rest of this game's insane nonsense.

The demo is genuinely great! I was surprised how many moves there are.
Argh, I'll only get it on sale in the future (personal reasons), but it's definitely on my watchlist hehe.

That said, maybe the dev is insane enough to put it up in the giveaway lol!

Edit: Typo. Also, thanks to you I just realized there's a demo on the eshop, I'd initially assumed you meant the Steam demo.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
So what's the game today? I tried checking on the eshop but it glitches out when I search by publisher. Didnt get an email.

Top Bottom