• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Gravity Games is giving away 19 free digital Switch games throughout December (US Only)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So what's the game today? I tried checking on the eshop but it glitches out when I search by publisher. Didnt get an email.

You can always check here (scroll down)

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member

You can always check here (scroll down)

Gracias

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They have 4 games that I actually want, and at first I thought "surely two or three of them will be included in this giveaway". So far, none of them have, so I'm starting to lose hope that I'll even get one of my wishlisted games. There are seven games left!

The demo is genuinely great! I was surprised how many moves there are.
Some lack of polish aside (eg. the way the character magically snaps to a platform you're jumping up to), the demo is a fucking blast and I concur that the developer is insane in the best ways lol.

I was impressed by how granular the difficulty levels are, with more and more tweaked elements per difficulty level.

And when you get surrounded on both sides by numerous enemies then proceed to grind them into blood dust, it feels very much like this:

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Anyone else still enduring?
I think part of me is still downloading the games .... but I don't know why. It's kind of an out of body experience at this point. I see my body hitting "download" on the eshop, but my spirit is floating above my body screaming for it to stop, but I don't listen.

jshackles

I think part of me is still downloading the games .... but I don't know why. It's kind of an out of body experience at this point. I see my body hitting "download" on the eshop, but my spirit is floating above my body screaming for it to stop, but I don't listen.
Are you me?

Anyone else still enduring?
I'm just adding them (cancelled most downloads) but not holding out hope for much. Graviter might be the best of the lot so far, though I haven't tried Make War yet.

On a side note, if you haven't already gotten it on Switch, Crypt of the NecroDancer is currently 80% off.

Still three more games to go, hope you get what you want for Christmas Hawks Eclipse Hawks Eclipse
Haha I'm quite certain Okinawa Rush won't be given away and frankly they shouldn't do that either.

I'm just along for the ride and having some fun on a meta level.

Oh yea, I gave Drag Racing Rivals a quick try earlier and deleted it within five minutes. UX is horrible, which seems to be a running theme with most of the games they've given away.

This might be the first proper gem in the giveaway and apparently the 1.1.6 update was released around 13th of this month.

Doesn't seem to have button remapping though which is a minor bummer though I have yet to play enough to ascertain how big of an impact remapping would make.

While it'd be great if they could top Golden Force with the final two surprises, that's just my greed speaking. Thanks a lot No Gravity Games!

jshackles

This might be the first proper gem in the giveaway and apparently the 1.1.6 update was released around 13th of this month.

Doesn't seem to have button remapping though which is a minor bummer though I have yet to play enough to ascertain how big of an impact remapping would make.

While it'd be great if they could top Golden Force with the final two surprises, that's just my greed speaking. Thanks a lot No Gravity Games!
James Mcavoy Success GIF

This was one of the four games I was really wanting - I figured it wouldn't be part of this, because it wasn't even discounted as part of their winter sale. Most of their games are on sale from 35% to 80% off, but this one was still "full price" at $19.99.

The others I was hoping for were Reign of Dracula, Okinawa Rush, and (strangely) Nonograms Prophecy. Hoping for at least one of those three in the last two days, but even if not I'm happy with what's already been given out.

James Mcavoy Success GIF

This was one of the four games I was really wanting - I figured it wouldn't be part of this, because it wasn't even discounted as part of their winter sale. Most of their games are on sale from 35% to 80% off, but this one was still "full price" at $19.99.

The others I was hoping for were Reign of Dracula, Okinawa Rush, and (strangely) Nonograms Prophecy. Hoping for at least one of those three in the last two days, but even if not I'm happy with what's already been given out.
According to dekudeals its last discount was around late October to the first week of November at half off.

I am very curious to see what they have in store for the final giveaway since I assume they'd want to end it on a high note and Golden Force has certainly raised the bar.

Wow was very surprised to see today's game was actually a pretty good one like Golden Force. Hopefully at least one more is pretty good

Destropolis is fun so I got something at least.
Yea it caught my eye back at release due to its Mirror's Edgey aesthetic. In my short playtime I noticed the perspective makes it easy to get lost if you allow enemies to pile up in the lower section of the screen.

Anyway, if you want more twin stick stuff, Thalamus Digital is having another deep sale on their titles, each of the following is currently 2USD:
The bonus mode, Eugatron is a legit blast and the dev really captured the retro look, sound and feel quite well IMO.
This one's like the curvy, far flung cousin of Geometry Wars. I haven't fully understood its appeal yet but it's dripping with polish and style.
It's like exploding Skittles on your Switch. Very straightforward and colourful.

Top Bottom