• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Mans Sky Beyond, Out Now! (Update Notes)

drh1691

Neo Member
I think I have found a work around to the issue I posted here a couple of day ago:——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
I had a nice history of visited stations/planets listed when I accesses the station teleporters. Since the Beyond update, that history is now gone and it seems rebuilding the history no longer works correctly. I am using a day one save file in normal mode, I have not been in Euclid(first Galaxy) for a long time. I loaded up my old save file after Beyond came out and used the teleporter on the Nexus several times. All locations I could teleport to were in Euclid. I could also teleport back to my current base from the new locations. All of my locations in my current galaxy are now gone. I can only teleport to locations in Euclid and my current base.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

I have only tried this once, so if anyone else could give it a try I would appreciate it. In checking this out make sure you have a save stashed somewhere. I don’t want anyone to get stuck.

When you arrive in a new system, land on any planet and build a base computer to make a temporary base. You don’t need to build anything else. Go back to the space station and activate the teleporter. DO NOT GO THROUGH IT UNLESS YOU CONFIRM YOUR TEMPORARY BASE SHOWS UP ON THE LIST!!! IF it does,you are PROBABLY safe. I renamed my temp base, the new name did not appear on the list, it keeps its default name. I went through thebteleporter to my original base, and the new temporary base is on the list of locations. I then teleported to my temporary base from my original base.

I Have confirmed this once. It is too late tonight for further testing.

What I do know so far.
1. The temp base kept its default name on the station teleporter list.
2. As soon as I delete my temporary base, it no longer shows up on the station teleporter list.
3. Once my temporary base was deleted, my original base still appears on the station teleporter list. I cannot get back to this new location anymore.

What I do not know
1. What happens if I leave the system, will the temp base stay on the station teleporter list?
2. Can I have multiple temporary bases in different systems and will they all now be on the station teleporter list?

So if anyone can test this out, it would be nice to get confirmation.

scalman

so NPC aliens can really go outside work on some panel and then get back inside . i saw it first time just now. but weirdly he was low detailed
MrJkGfG.jpg

Flintty

I don’t have VR, and I hate you all. 😋

But I’ve been playing on and off since launch, and while I’m not able to point to which feature came from which update, I do feel like the sum of the whole, post-Beyond, is a great little game. It’s... life by a thousand cuts? They’ve made so many improvements, that the game has been radically transformed. Something that I sometimes struggled to find a point in, other than kicking the imagination and exploring, genuinely now has a ton of stuff to do.

Slightly more controversial, but speaking of Beyond, specifically, I know a lot of people are not going for this wiring your base thing. I agree that they need to add a way to conceal it better. But I absolutely love it. Although a couple of games have already done similar things, whoever thought games would become so detailed, we’d be plugging things in, and running electrical wire? It really adds the feel of building a base on the lonely frontier, and getting it operational.

Looking forward to my next marathon session with the game, because once you start, it is almost impossible to put down.

I’ve barely scratched the surface of base building (I have a box with a door 😂) but one day I’ll settle down in a dream home and milk some six-eyed dinosaurs and actually do more with that wiring system, which looks really interesting. So far I have it powering a portal and that’s it but I need to get solar panels, I can’t keep splurging all my carbon!

scalman

was using some cheats with trainer to fix those fallen ships so they could be used at least. Because they made those damaged slots so hard that you would grind 2 weeks to fix them all and its just not worth it . they could be damaged sure couple of them not like 90% of slots, and be easier to fix, so now i found a way to enjoy searching for those fallen damaged ships on planets. not using any other cheats on anything just fixing those too hard stuff thats all.
another thing , tried like 5 times new game and why allways getting similar planets with similar trees and similar animals. like how many times you need to try to get some random crazy looking planet there ? i saw some wow ones in some videos. they should come more random then it is now .
was thinking how well gtx 1060 6gb with oculus rift would run this game and found video with guy tweaking some stuff to manage run it well and he ran it on 480x640 res ... i mean really ? on pc , so what res then PS4 VR has there ?

trying extended photo mode mod that allows you get as close to object as you want
PWEhnki.jpg

ZhONgzT.png

2ntLmFz.jpg

cbO1bts.png

i just love those tesselation surfaces and holes on ground hills and bumps and such, which is way i play it now on pc only. i heard ps4 had some tesselation but maybe it lost it not sure but on ps4 i didint saw that kind effect

Last edited:

Wonko_C

I've gotten jumpscared by attacking predators, poisonous plants that magically appear mere centimeters in front of me due to the awful pop-up so many times, that now I'm all jumpy and creeped out by every minor thing, even flora that normally I didn't bat an eye at like those giant tentacly mushrooms look creepy/disgusting to me now. I dread finding myself to be face to face with one of those animals that have worm mouths for heads.

It's gotten so bad that I've stopped playing in VR altogether. :messenger_anxious:

Flintty

I’m at around 24 hours into my Steam game now, pretty much exclusively in VR except for when taking screenshots.

The novelty hasn’t worn off and I’ve become fully used to VR movement now with full smooth movement and no vignette - no sickness, it just feels natural. Got myself an S Class too!! Why can’t I ever find these in white, blue or black??

97-C6-EC1-B-C476-4957-8-E46-1-D637112-AABE.jpg

B6-EFD4-F4-D290-40-A0-8-C51-9-A4-CDFF10-DB9.jpg

I also finally got to the anomaly and got myself the booster tech for long jumps 👍🏻

Katsura

Fairly new player here. I've got a decent base but as i was researching new stuff on the anomaly one of the things i was really looking forward to was the exocrafts. So far, i've unlocked the first 2 and found them underwhelming to say the least. Why would anyone use them over your spaceship? Are the later ones better? Are they mostly for oceans? Or am i missing something here?

Flintty

Fairly new player here. I've got a decent base but as i was researching new stuff on the anomaly one of the things i was really looking forward to was the exocrafts. So far, i've unlocked the first 2 and found them underwhelming to say the least. Why would anyone use them over your spaceship? Are the later ones better? Are they mostly for oceans? Or am i missing something here?
I had a little play with the submarine on my Xbox game and it was a cool new area to explore so it was worth it. I haven’t tried land vehicles as I don’t see the need - I’d rather fly around!

Handy Fake

Im surprised they got so far with a game that truthfully flopped at launch.
Amazing isn't it.
Quite frankly, what was released was, while rather empty, right up my alley so I had no real complaints about it.
But they've gone above and beyond. I think that's the knife edge of a small developer working on a very ambitious project; on the one hand, anything can knock the project off track - floods, funding etc. - and when that deadline finally appears they just need to suck it up and release or face bankruptcy.
But on the other hand, a small team of dedicated developers with a vision aren't beholden to large corporate decisions and they are free to perfect the game and achieve the vision that that they had. I'd say in the case surpass it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
was using some cheats with trainer to fix those fallen ships so they could be used at least. Because they made those damaged slots so hard that you would grind 2 weeks to fix them all and its just not worth it .
I fully repaired a 47+? slot hauler in 2 days, you just gotta know the best way to get some things. If you're using copper to get chromatic metal, it might take awhile, if on the other hand you're using activated indium it doesn't take long at all. If you're refining to get magnetic ferrite it'll take awhile, if you're simply mining magnetic ferrite deposits, not so much.

scalman

well some people just know how to make money , and chromatic metal was not problem there at all. many other stuff that i didint even saw i knew existed yet. so i mean im finding crashed ships like at first-second hour in game from start.
and if you doing locations on planets you will make a lot money to just buy other ship from some alien anyway , fully working no need to repair nothing, so for that its even quicker to make money on planet to buy good ship then try to repair those bastards.

Last edited:
After getting it near launch but only having tinkered with it for a little while, I got back to it and have been playing it a lot for the past couple weeks. Bit less than 50 hours on my save, the only one I have. I haven't explored much if at all, mostly have been advancing the base quests, got my freighter and dudes for my terminals, only peeking out to a handful of other systems. I want to wait until I reach the end of the base stuff before going out and explore. It's been a fun ride so far, I'm intrigued about the kind of stuff I might find.

CwlSQ4R.png

hkv7gAS.png

wmYZZ3q.png

R148XYu.png

GbbA0fm.png

oHWyTWf.png

HHgTMci.png

d3PWg8x.png

scalman

what i like to do , its weird maybe but i want to see what new planet game will make for me, so with every new update i just start new game hoping i will get some crazy planet . have couple saves with many hrs but i like that feeling when you start from nothing,exploring some new planets see some new stuff there. dont care for farming or base building just flying around exploring planet

Kadayi

Banned
what i like to do , its weird maybe but i want to see what new planet game will make for me, so with every new update i just start new game hoping i will get some crazy planet . have couple saves with many hrs but i like that feeling when you start from nothing,exploring some new planets see some new stuff there. dont care for farming or base building just flying around exploring planet

Tbh the crazy planets you'll generally only find in systems where you require the more advanced hyperdrives like the Iridium one to get to. I've only encountered one weird planet (well moon) inside a normal system tbh: -

64FCA7C41A2B17AAC2439DA52E7256A64BD23E7A

If you're looking for lush earth-like planets Khraze did a recent video one the best systems to look in: -

The trick is to make a manual save, then basically systematically fly to any nearby Yellow systems (Pen and paper required to make notes) and reload as required. Doesn't take that long really to find some decent planets.

Last edited:

scalman

again started from new and found this giant beauty in first planet
GsrHWbf.png

its cool how that head cabin part is like separated like having neck or something. looks super cool. now im just exploring those 3-4 planets that i have in this system for couple days and then not sure will i continue play or just start again.
then later met this guy , he was so sad looking like cute doggy and wasnt afraid of me or running away, i was surprised very friendly creature indeed.
aKgkT2J.jpg

hes like big dog so cute
9RDa0GD.jpg

you look at this game details at that ground surfaces with that amazing tesselation and stuff all stones all stuff thats poping off ground , and then you look at those some new games with completely flat ground surfaces that not even on same detail level then this. .. this must be most beautifull looking game for this style

Last edited:
Has anyone actually come across someone else whilst in the open world and not the hub?

I have yet to find anybody unless I visit the space anomoly.

Katsura

Is there any way to autosave regularly in this game? I'm not in it right now because i'm pissed at it. I had farmed all the living pearls and those crystals and what ever else was needed to fully upgrade the nautilon. Port back to my main base, checked the exocraft screen to see what exactly i had to pull out of storage, accidentally hit a button on my controller (the one that lets you install new modules) and it said exocraft is too far away. Well, no shit? The thing is, there was no way to get out of that screen. I tried alt-tabbing, Steam overlay, various keyboard and controller button combos but to no avail. Finally i had to alt-f4 out and lost 20 minutes of water farming

scalman

Is there any way to autosave regularly in this game? I'm not in it right now because i'm pissed at it. I had farmed all the living pearls and those crystals and what ever else was needed to fully upgrade the nautilon. Port back to my main base, checked the exocraft screen to see what exactly i had to pull out of storage, accidentally hit a button on my controller (the one that lets you install new modules) and it said exocraft is too far away. Well, no shit? The thing is, there was no way to get out of that screen. I tried alt-tabbing, Steam overlay, various keyboard and controller button combos but to no avail. Finally i had to alt-f4 out and lost 20 minutes of water farming
Bad luck. Game is kind of on survival side but its autosaves on stations or main mission plot places and then there is plentt places to do that on planets or just build your own portable save point.
Never had any problem with loosing saves.

Katsura

Bad luck. Game is kind of on survival side but its autosaves on stations or main mission plot places and then there is plentt places to do that on planets or just build your own portable save point.
Never had any problem with loosing saves.
Yea, i know of those but i didn't expect a random bug to make me lose my progress. Not sure if i feel like even farming that again. Maybe i'll just skip the nautilon. The time i spend with it didn't really convince me it's worth farming for, twice

scalman

Not like farming? In last couple weeks i played like 5 times from new save after some 10 hrs of exploring for my own pleasure and i do it again because didint liked start game at daft punk guys. Best guys are Vykens they often give you better weapons for free.. Geeks very polite ones kinda boring too.

Kadayi

Banned

Report it as a bug.

If I'm out on excursions I take a save beacon with me and save regularly.

Last edited:

Katsura

Not like farming? In last couple weeks i played like 5 times from new save after some 10 hrs of exploring for my own pleasure and i do it again because didint liked start game at daft punk guys. Best guys are Vykens they often give you better weapons for free.. Geeks very polite ones kinda boring too.
Oh i like farming alright, just not underwater farming. That shit sucks
Report it as a bug.

If I'm out on excursions I take a save beacon with me and save regularly.
Done and good tip about bringing a beacon

scalman

Found that if you grind too much on one system and getting there good multitool and ships and buying good upgrades class A or even S then later do story missions makes it unbalanced too much as those new systems are weaker and worse then you was at begining . Worse ships worse upgrades and stuff so its kinda nothing to do there.
Like whats point in looking for new ships if you got S class ship allready and S class multitool. You just found worse stuff everywhere now.
And why so few AI ships attacking you in space ? Sometimes its just none. Then other day it might be one or two.
So looks like not to feel too good if doing story missions then no do any exploring .

Katsura

Found that if you grind too much on one system and getting there good multitool and ships and buying good upgrades class A or even S then later do story missions makes it unbalanced too much as those new systems are weaker and worse then you was at begining . Worse ships worse upgrades and stuff so its kinda nothing to do there.
Like whats point in looking for new ships if you got S class ship allready and S class multitool. You just found worse stuff everywhere now.
And why so few AI ships attacking you in space ? Sometimes its just none. Then other day it might be one or two.
So looks like not to feel too good if doing story missions then no do any exploring .
About AI ships attacking, and this is entirely based on what i've seen, loading your ship with lots of valuables helps a lot. Like lots of platinum, silver, gold etc. Also, now that i have a top of the line ship they seem to be attacking less in yellow systems. However, i still get attacked in other color systems. Not sure if any of that is true or simply coincidence

scalman

and not only pirates atack you isnt it ? i think once after following mission and warping to new system i got atacked by police i guess, first came just 1 ship then 2 then again 2 then 2 more , and mission told me boost from there like escape or smt. but i didint escaped so i just kept shooting AI ships , dont think they where pirates, but cant be sure. but that happened just one one my saves, on other saves i almost never got attacked and most time i go to station to sell stuff so i must have some good stuff on ship , still didint got attacked. If that would be true then if you shoot lots asteroids and collect lots gold silver platinum and such they should then attack you there , no ?
then found out that upgrades are bad stuff. well upgrades sold only once in station and lets say i bought good stuff for my ship and multitool like level A upgrades, ok then later i want to change ship or multitool, i will loose all those upgrades and station wont sell me those same anymore. Because im not buying blueprints but upgrades themselfs isnt it ? so for exploring and changing ships and multitools upgrades are bad . and not that i ever need to shoot anything from multitool, for me its just mining and terrain manipulator , those 2 things needed and better scanners.
would be cool that you could learn all blueprints from upgrades that you buy

Katsura

and not only pirates atack you isnt it ? i think once after following mission and warping to new system i got atacked by police i guess, first came just 1 ship then 2 then again 2 then 2 more , and mission told me boost from there like escape or smt. but i didint escaped so i just kept shooting AI ships , dont think they where pirates, but cant be sure. but that happened just one one my saves, on other saves i almost never got attacked and most time i go to station to sell stuff so i must have some good stuff on ship , still didint got attacked. If that would be true then if you shoot lots asteroids and collect lots gold silver platinum and such they should then attack you there , no ?
then found out that upgrades are bad stuff. well upgrades sold only once in station and lets say i bought good stuff for my ship and multitool like level A upgrades, ok then later i want to change ship or multitool, i will loose all those upgrades and station wont sell me those same anymore. Because im not buying blueprints but upgrades themselfs isnt it ? so for exploring and changing ships and multitools upgrades are bad . and not that i ever need to shoot anything from multitool, for me its just mining and terrain manipulator , those 2 things needed and better scanners.
would be cool that you could learn all blueprints from upgrades that you buy
I have been jumped by pirates several times while mining asteroids but when i say lots of valuables, i mean like stacks of 9999 gold, silver, platinum etc. but as i said, since flying an exotic s-class, fully upgraded i seem to attacked a lot less in yellow systems

scalman

cant stop playing it
this ship design is sick
Bx7VfOE.png

6zjuxRZ.jpg

VQ8328d.png

some cobra-like creatures with little guy
Y8564YU.jpg

later i give food to little guy , then more came to me and they all started to shit on ground ... i was ftw??!!

little guy was confused no less
MxWBjsh.png

Last edited:
This game reminds me so much of Starglider2 on the Amiga back in 1988.

Was just flying around looking at the beautiful vistas, but had no idea what I should do there..

scalman

Ohh i have idea what to do, find those crashed ships on planets fix them and fly them or change into better ones, learn lots alien words and loot for metals then sell, even find old castles that are buried under ground , find old bones and rare items from past , explore new creatures.
Thats all aside main quests that are like some tutorial and later more secrets. But i mostly dont have time for those anyway.
Then fight pirats in space defend your cargo loot for more stuff in asteroids.
You can even be evil and shoot down those AI ships who landing on planet stations noone stoping you.
Same time its simple game all actions simple too not like in elite dangerous if compare so i find myself playing this more now.

Stitch

Gold Member
Good news for PSVR players from the newest Patch notes

Significantly improved image quality in PSVR: reduced blurriness caused by TAA jitter and fixed low-quality terrain/atmosphere jaggies.

Not sure if it's already up on psn

scalman

anyone can show video of updated PS4 pro visuals on PSVR ?
Physical edition launch trailer

i need that music in game

Last edited:

Wonko_C

anyone can show video of updated PS4 pro visuals on PSVR ?
Physical edition launch trailer

i need that music in game

There are no updated Pro visuals yet. Don't expect a bump in resolution, just a little bit of less blur due to a better implementation of antialiasing.

I also think Pro support has always been there in the form of better performance VS the standard PS4. Judging by how the game can't keep constant 60fps on the weaker PS4, the Pro probably has enough of a tough time maintaining 60fps as is. (Assuming it does maintain 60fps since I don't have one to test)

Last edited:

Romulus

There are no updated Pro visuals yet. Don't expect a bump in resolution, just a little bit of less blur due to a better implementation of antialiasing.

I also think Pro support has always been there in the form of better performance VS the standard PS4. Judging by how the game can't keep constant 60fps on the weaker PS4, the Pro probably has enough of a tough time maintaining 60fps as is. (Assuming it does maintain 60fps since I don't have one to test)

It's solid FPS on Pro, no dips for me at all but its blurry.. That's probably just the CPU boost for performance stock without any upgrades. The same way boost mode works, it's automatic. I doubt the 2x GPU is being used for anything on Pro at all.

Last edited:

scalman

it should come later more stuff to maybe will fix that blurines on ps4 VR , as its now tested on experimental branch

Experimental Branch 12/09
  • Introduced a number of PC VR and PSVR rendering optimisations.
  • Significantly improved image quality in PSVR: reduced blurriness caused by TAA jitter and fixed low-quality terrain/atmosphere jaggies.
  • Introduced a number of general PC optimisations.

Top Bottom