• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky launches on Nintendo Switch on October 7

Draugoth

Gold Member

FV8Hy5zWYAIHLjM

Last edited:

Kuranghi

"EVERY BLACK LEVEL ACCIDENTALLY ARTIFICIALLY RAISED IN THE TRAILER TO GIVE A LESS THAN STELLAR* FIRST IMPRESSION OF THE GAME... UH... PROCEDURAL"

Its funny because the last trailer they put out for the new DLC had crushed blacks 🤦‍♂️ Anyway, thats just pedantic nerd ranting, the main takeaway is:

Awesome effort by them to get it going on Switch.

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

*Pun!

screenshot:

ZU778r0-3821769485.jpg

Funny, but any sweet summer children seeing this post please don't think thats what it actually looks like, Billy is just being a Silly Billy.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Just started playing No Man's Sky for the first time yesterday.

Absolutely blown away how incredible this game feels and looks. Especially considering the cosmic scope. Like I can't even comprehend how this is possible. Just pulling up the galaxy map after leaving my first planet, and viewing the entire galaxy. Everything all has a name. Planets, galaxies, fauna, flora, minerals. And it all loads instantly, no skips or pauses for the names to populate, it just works instantly. And all at 60fps and something around 1440p in performance mode on XBOX. The only performance oddities are when you land on new planets, just 1 or 2 seconds of jitteriness for everything to populate and load on said planet. But hey... it's an entire freaking planet that loads in 1 or 2 seconds, so it's a non-issue really.

For those who haven't played, you need to play this just to experience the cosmic grandeur. Videos just do not do it justice. The feeling you get is inexplicable... like how immeasurable our own galaxy is. You feel so insignificant. Like a single grain of sand floating in the entire ocean.

Here's hoping the Switch version runs well!

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Now this one has the opposite problem to the OP video and the blacks levels are wrong/crushed! Must be because the video was made for broadcast TV rather than online primarily or something like that, but DAMN what is going on with marketing stuff these days, just firing videos of 60 fps games out at 24 or 25fps or constant range mismatch, how do I get a job in this sector where I just go around their offices/homes and clip the people responsbile for this round the ear and say "FIX IT you spongo!".

Whats the bloody excuse for these bush league issues?!:

Yelling Figure It Out GIF by Barstool Sports

Oh right, its that most consumers don't see the problem, after they've bought 2 grand TVs to be able to take advantage of well made video content 🤷‍♂️ raised/crushed black levels completely removes a big reason for having a beautiful FALD LCD or OLED.

Still, who cares about taking pride in your job and delivering a quality product, eh? Every day I work I give customers my (very basically accurate) personal picture settings for TVs to avoid stupid issues like this so they don't just go with Vivid/Dynamic picture mode defaults, they would probably love the defaults just as much and never notice of course, but it means a lot to me that people get a good experience, wish the people that make these videos cared:

Argue Peace Out GIF

Leaving See Ya GIF by MOODMAN

Me reading my own post back:

Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK

...then stepping outside for a smoke to think about all the improperly exported videos in recent years:

Lonely Ryan Gosling GIF by Focus Features
Sad Renee Zellweger GIF by Working Title

sad smoke GIF by Un si grand soleil

dcmk7

Banned
Switch gets its Starfield then.

Haven't actually played this since the PS4 launch, is it actually fun to play now.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I dont think the game will run well on Switch.

It runs like ass on my PS4 after several hours when I built a certain amount of objects in one planet. Stuttering and very low FPS.

Seems like memory issue.

Last edited:

Trunx81

Seems to run fine, although the popups when you land on a planet for the first time are pretty funny.

UnNamed

Banned
*Impossible Port
It's really "impossible". In the sense that it was impossibile to anyone to port, and here the results.

It's not that bad. It's just it's really impossibile to fit this game on Switch, it's too heavy. For example, Starlink is not much better than this, and it's not at the same level of complexity.

I think there are worse ports of poorer games than this.

Top Bottom