• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"No secret meaning" behind Bloodborne in Astro Bot 'We had a cameo quota to fill', says creative director

Draugoth

Gold Member
maria-bloodborne-astro.png

After the reveal of Astro Bot on PlayStation 5 at the recent State of Play, Astro's Playroom received an update adding iconic Bloodborne boss Lady Maria and an associated trophy. That's on top of Bloodborne costumes as a pre-order bonus for the new game.

Of course, this led to speculation from Bloodborne fans that something was afoot. Alas, it appears that's not the case.

"There's no secret meaning,"

Team Asobi studio head and creative director Nicolas Doucet told Eurogamer.

"It's just a celebration of the whole PlayStation history."

"Instead of the hardware we put our attention towards the characters,"

he said.

"And that's why we push these cameos. Before they were quite primitive, but now they feel much richer looking. It's over 150 [cameos], so it's going to go really deep and everybody should have their favourite ones."

nial

Gold Member
"And that's why we push these cameos. Before they were quite primitive, but now they feel much richer looking. It's over 150 [cameos], so it's going to go really deep and everybody should have their favourite ones."
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

I will settle for some Gunparade March representation in Astro Bot, Sony.

Zannegan

Gold Member
So Astrobot is the new Sackboy in that regard, which I don't mind a bit. I always liked that element of LBP's design.

Maybe they can do a crossover someday, like a more focused 2D buildformer.

Fahdis

This bloodborne thing become an annoying cult. Game is not even that good.

I tend to agree. I am 2 trophies away from platinum but shit was so tedious. The most fun I had in the game was literally doing the parry to that pig under the bridge over and over by fisting it. Gave me a chuckle.

Top Bottom