• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Time to Die *** Massive Spoilers ***

stn

Watched last night, it was alright. Too many plot holes and some cringe-worthy moments but it was alright. Better than Spectre, at least.

dr_octagon

Banned
The black 007 was terrible. Fat ass, google glass sunglasses and just plain annoying character.
I disagree, the trailer made it seem she had more of a role in the story. The actor was fine but a poor script, dialogue and no character development let the role down. We didn't even a Goldeneye style rogue agent gone bad.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I disagree, the trailer made it seem she had more of a role in the story. The actor was fine but a poor script, dialogue and no character development let the role down. We didn't even a Goldeneye style rogue agent gone bad.
She was LITERALLY doing Morgan Freeman in "Driving Mr. Bond". The vespa, the jag(?), the jet glider thing, and the boat.

Kenpachii

Watched this rambo movie.

I expected nothing as its craig bond, basically rambo wannabe movie. Every 10 seconds a endless row of soldiers or people need to die.

Anyway. Thank god he's done for. I hope the next bond will be interesting.

The goods:

- Absolute beautiful area's they shot the film in.
- Cast was in general good, liked the white chick
- Bond was doing his usual rambo moves again, for people that like it i guess
- Story was interesting all the way through so u kept watching it
- Actors in general where solid, money penny, the gaydar Q and M where all performing well here.
- Black 007 was actually decent and fitted in well.
- chick + kid + bond was the strong points in this movie.

The bads

- Bond is to old, it shows. Shouldn't have done another one to be honest new blood was needed. Start of the movie was kinda cringe dude is simple to old
- Main enemy was weak sauce just another copy past villain that didn't add much. Him creeping out with the kid simple didn't work well.
- Virus with nano bots plot device felt unoriginal.
- Missed humor and class in the movie something u expect in bond movies.
- Movie was simple to long, 3 hours is just to long. Next time they need to trip it under the 2 hours really.
- Kid at the end just walks away ( like wut ), then gets shot by generic villain that lacked any sort of charisma and for some reason he didn't left the building even while he was doing exactly that just bad all around.
- The Rushing at the end for absolute no reason, also didn't make much sense. There was all the time in the world but oh well. Guess the chick and kid was shoehorned in, in order to get some emotional reaction.
- Why sacrifice when u can simple just go back get isolated and see what the options are from that point on. but nope. ( ending was just meh )
- Black chick just fell like filler, didn't had much of a useful role other then just being there. The constant "i am 007" got tired real quick.
- The movie series is james bond which is 007, the splitting up of the roles doesn't work. Both are the same. Kinda devalues the next bond.
- Stunts where average at best. Specially the nano bot poisoning was like yea, that looks rough. The russians bomb elevator thingy was great tho.
- Still driving that old car, we want to see something new mate. Luckely we had that fly thingy.
- Rambo 2.0. Murdering endless amounts of soldiers to the point i am happy craig is rip.

The next bond will be interesting to see, They will have to nail it because frankly i think most people are kinda burned out on it at this point. Craig overstayed way to long which isn't helping either. we probably will get a dud bond however tho. I can't see who is going to replace him. But they will find somebody i guess.

Last edited:
Garbage. It was not a James Bond movie at all. It had no elegance, no mystery. It was a fucking soap opera and fuck that ending. He deserved better, the Craig Bond deserved a better ending. Nonsensical decision and plot. I don't want a reboot either way, seeing as how Hollywood is complete shit these days. The name of the fucking movie is based on that chick killing the scientist for being racist, lmfao. I'll just delete this from my memory and consider Spectre to be the last.

puke GIF

Star-Lord

Watched this rambo movie.

I expected nothing as its craig bond, basically rambo wannabe movie. Every 10 seconds a endless row of soldiers or people need to die.

Anyway. Thank god he's done for. I hope the next bond will be interesting.

The goods:

- Absolute beautiful area's they shot the film in.
- Cast was in general good, liked the white chick
- Bond was doing his usual rambo moves again, for people that like it i guess
- Story was interesting all the way through so u kept watching it
- Actors in general where solid, money penny, the gaydar Q and M where all performing well here.
- Black 007 was actually decent and fitted in well.
- chick + kid + bond was the strong points in this movie.

The bads

- Bond is to old, it shows. Shouldn't have done another one to be honest new blood was needed. Start of the movie was kinda cringe dude is simple to old
- Main enemy was weak sauce just another copy past villain that didn't add much. Him creeping out with the kid simple didn't work well.
- Virus with nano bots plot device felt unoriginal.
- Missed humor and class in the movie something u expect in bond movies.
- Movie was simple to long, 3 hours is just to long. Next time they need to trip it under the 2 hours really.
- Kid at the end just walks away ( like wut ), then gets shot by generic villain that lacked any sort of charisma and for some reason he didn't left the building even while he was doing exactly that just bad all around.
- The Rushing at the end for absolute no reason, also didn't make much sense. There was all the time in the world but oh well. Guess the chick and kid was shoehorned in, in order to get some emotional reaction.
- Why sacrifice when u can simple just go back get isolated and see what the options are from that point on. but nope. ( ending was just meh )
- Black chick just fell like filler, didn't had much of a useful role other then just being there. The constant "i am 007" got tired real quick.
- The movie series is james bond which is 007, the splitting up of the roles doesn't work. Both are the same. Kinda devalues the next bond.
- Stunts where average at best. Specially the nano bot poisoning was like yea, that looks rough. The russians bomb elevator thingy was great tho.
- Still driving that old car, we want to see something new mate. Luckely we had that fly thingy.
- Rambo 2.0. Murdering endless amounts of soldiers to the point i am happy craig is rip.

The next bond will be interesting to see, They will have to nail it because frankly i think most people are kinda burned out on it at this point. Craig overstayed way to long which isn't helping either. we probably will get a dud bond however tho. I can't see who is going to replace him. But they will find somebody i guess.
Your post is full of contradictions, and therefore your opinion is invalid. Nice try, though.

dr_octagon

Banned
The next 007 should be Henry Cavill. There is no one else right know who could be better than him, unless they decide to cast a complete stranger. Cavill is the perfect age (the same age Daniel Craig was when he did the first movie), and fits the character very well.
Tom Hiddleston Loki GIF

michael fassbender no GIF

FunkMiller

You don't kill Batman.

You don't kill James Bond.

Chris Nolan recognised that at the end of The Dark Knight Rises (and let's face it, the whole of Daniel Craig's run has been one long rip off of The Dark Knight trilogy).

What a completely out of character, dumb fucking way to finish off a franchise... just because Daniel Craig wanted to do it.

If Bond had been carrying a nanobot virus that would have killed the whole world, it would have made some sense. But James Bond sacrificing himself just because he can't hang out with his latest bit of pussy and their offspring? Fuck right off :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
If Bond had been carrying a nanobot virus that would have killed the whole world, it would have made some sense. But James Bond sacrificing himself just because he can't hang out with his latest bit of pussy and their offspring? Fuck right off :ROFLMAO:
While I feel yah a bit, it is worth noting that the nanobots would spread from person to person UNTIL they encounter the DNA they are programmed to kill, so if Bond had left the island and touched another person then he would condemn his daughter and the mom to death (or a life of isolation for themselves).

Now you can argue all day long how narratively dumb all of this is and the immense gaping logic holes it creates but from a character perspective I'd expect Bond to make this same choice every day, all day. I'd also question why the bad guy, who as far as I can tell has little to no concern for Bond personally, would make such a weapon AT ALL, or why he thought it would deter(?) or punish(?) Bond in any way. This is one of the reasons why I dislike the intense focus on Bond himself of the Craig arc starting with Skyfall. Sure some previous bond villains had a grudge against him specifically but it didn't consume the narrative as completely at the expense of making an actual plot beyond "1. attack bond......2 ???...3. profit???"

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Get used to it or you are in for a rude awakening over the next few decades - more and more people are getting old and living older. Movies in 20 years will feature predominantly older actors to connect with the audience, not 20-year olds knowing anything about life. Which I approve of wholehearted because fuck Zoomers.

FunkMiller

While I feel yah a bit, it is worth noting that the nanobots would spread from person to person UNTIL they encounter the DNA they are programmed to kill, so if Bond had left the island and touched another person then he would condemn his daughter and the mom to death (or a life of isolation for themselves).

That wasn't explained in the film at all though? The film sets it up that the nanobots will kill Frenchie and the kid specifically if Bond touches them, the same way he did Blofeld.

I had to laugh they infect Bond with Nanobots and never have him use his EMP watch. It's like Craig threw a tantrum to be killed off and Broccoli was too lazy to write the watch out.

FunkMiller

I had to laugh they infect Bond with Nanobots and never have him use his EMP watch. It's like Craig threw a tantrum to be killed off and Broccoli was too lazy to write the watch out.

I read somewhere he literally wouldn't come back unless they killed him off. What a prima donna. Therefore we have to have this completely out of character, idiotic moment, just so he can flounce off like a soft boy.

jason10mm

Gold Member
That wasn't explained in the film at all though? The film sets it up that the nanobots will kill Frenchie and the kid specifically if Bond touches them, the same way he did Blofeld.
They mention it when all the folks related to the Spectre targets died at the funeral, the nanobots propagate through the entire population in order to find the target, they don't have to be directly injected into the target.

All of this was edited for shit. Maybe to reduce the pandemic related stuff? For whatever reason, Remi Mallick had his character absolutely savaged by the editing in the film.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I read somewhere he literally wouldn't come back unless they killed him off. What a prima donna. Therefore we have to have this completely out of character, idiotic moment, just so he can flounce off like a soft boy.
Loved it, the more outrage the better. Bond is a symbol, not a person.

Butch_0451

The next 007 should be Henry Cavill. There is no one else right know who could be better than him, unless they decide to cast a complete stranger. Cavill is the perfect age (the same age Daniel Craig was when he did the first movie), and fits the character very well.
His acting range is pretty limited but would fit as a pre DC bond as you don’t need much emotional range.

sol_bad

Did you miss the part where even if he didn't have the virus he was going to die in an explosion.
Also, you have obviously never been in love with someone or cared about anyone in your life if you can't relate to not wanting to infect someone with a virus. Weird.

Did you miss the part where even if he didn't have the virus he was going to die in an explosion.
Also, you have obviously never been in love with someone or cared about anyone in your life if you can't relate to not wanting to infect someone with a virus. Weird.

The problem is it doesn't fit with Bond.

What should have happened is a post-credits scene.

Rubble begins to shift, Bond emerges from the debris, brushes off his shoulder.

"Well I guess that leaves my child maintenance shaken and definitely not stirred"

Paloma parachutes in, they fuck in the burning fire of the Island as Black 007 and Moneypenny joined for the foursome.

"I've always believed in diversity Moneypenny"

Now that's definitely the glorious selfish fuck we all love.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

That‘s a whole other issue. They did a very poor job establishing why the missiles had to hit at that exact moment. No decent ticking clock was established.

The problem is the ending was poorly constructed and delivered. I could have bought it more if it had been done better, but it the script for this film needed at least another rewrite or two. It’s an issue that plagues most of Craig’s tenure.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah the finale lacks real urgency and antagonist motivation and tries to half-assedly solve this by some arbitrary countdown to some boats reaching the island or something [could've just destroyed the boats, for example].

Would've been way smarter if Safin actually was about to launch missiles on this island that's literally an old missile launch base and Bond had to stop that, but what do I know.

But in the overall narrative Bond killing himself makes sense considering the nanobots traverse from person to person until they come in contact with someone who they're programmed to kill. This means that Bond has to live the rest of his life not only away from Madeleine and the kid but effectively from literally every human in the world because any moment he's near any person there's a non-zero chance he'll end up killing Madeleine by proxy.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I love the guy as Geralt, he fits perfectly with the character, a little bit like Arnold's portrayal of Conan. But casting him as 007 will always be cliché as fuck.

What I love was that Brosnan and Craig but very different spin on Bond - suave and gadgets vs. primal rage. Next Bond should be different once again. Cast a black guy while you're at it, it's time.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
. Next Bond should be different once again. Cast a black guy while you're at it, it's time.
I don't understand this push for a black bond. 3% of the UK is black. There are 3 times as many Asians in the UK. Make him of indian or HK descent waaaaay before black IMHO. And if you look at the ethnicity of folks actually serving in the British navy it is like 96% white and 96% male. Bond is an accurate representation of his origin.

RCU005

I don't understand this push for a black bond. 3% of the UK is black. There are 3 times as many Asians in the UK. Make him of indian or HK descent waaaaay before black IMHO. And if you look at the ethnicity of folks actually serving in the British navy it is like 96% white and 96% male. Bond is an accurate representation of his origin.

They need to cast whoever fits in the rol the best, and if it happens to be black or Indian or asian or whatever, so be it.

The issue here is that people want diversity for the sake of it, instead of having it where and when it makes sense. That's why we get stupid castings like in Netflix movies. The first priority should be the role, then everything else.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Well, they will need to tailor the backstory to appropriately accommodate a non-white (or male) Bond IMHO. Even if there is no backstory relevant to the plot, I think some subtle nods to it would just make sense (he prefers food or drink a little differently than white Bond, for example, maybe change up the Martini?). So they should write an awesome BOND CHARACTER first, with a specific ethnicity, and then do a casting call for that. Plenty of great asian or indian actors that could do it justice. The idea that they would write the entire film race blind and then have a wide open casting call is silly IMHO.

sol_bad

Well, they will need to tailor the backstory to appropriately accommodate a non-white (or male) Bond IMHO. Even if there is no backstory relevant to the plot, I think some subtle nods to it would just make sense (he prefers food or drink a little differently than white Bond, for example, maybe change up the Martini?). So they should write an awesome BOND CHARACTER first, with a specific ethnicity, and then do a casting call for that. Plenty of great asian or indian actors that could do it justice. The idea that they would write the entire film race blind and then have a wide open casting call is silly IMHO.

Bond has a back story?

I guess I'm not surprised to come in here and see GAF shitting on this film.

The villain being an afterthought notwithstanding, which is an ongoing theme throughout the Craig era, I thought this film was great. The entire Craig era was very unconventional except for Spectre which was shit, and the unconventional way they ended it by killing Bond is the perfect way to end this era.

Craig > Connery > Dalton > Moore > Brosnan. I'm not rating poor Lazenby here with his 1 movie, even though it was one of the best.

FunkMiller

I guess I'm not surprised to come in here and see GAF shitting on this film.

The villain being an afterthought notwithstanding, which is an ongoing theme throughout the Craig era, I thought this film was great. The entire Craig era was very unconventional except for Spectre which was shit, and the unconventional way they ended it by killing Bond is the perfect way to end this era.

Craig > Connery > Dalton > Moore > Brosnan. I'm not rating poor Lazenby here with his 1 movie, even though it was one of the best.

Grow up. It’s perfectly okay for somebody to criticise a film you happen to like, without you having to resort to this childish bull crap.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Does everything needs to be by the numbers? Careful, or the democratic majority will decide they can go openly against the minority - after all, they are the majority. Slippery slope?

I don't mind Asian or Pakistani Bond, skin colour should not matter.

He uses it in the staircase fight at the end to overload the one bad guy's bionic eye. Remember, it goes "pop!"?

If they'd mentioned the watch possibly taking out the nanobots, I'm sure they'd come up with a "uh...the nanobots just go into rest mode if EMP'd and then generate power from the hosts over time" or something. Better just to ignore it all

Last edited:
Top Bottom