• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Way Home: There are already rumors that [SPOILER] could return to the MCU

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
⚠️ MAJOR SPOILERS FOR NO WAY HOME ⚠️

unknown.png

Spider-Man: No Way Home brings back Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield as their respective Variants of Peter Parker, and fans are understandably keen to see more of them on the big screen.

It started with a Tweet from supposed insider MyTimeToShineHello (the Redditor who leaked much of the threequel's plot a few months ago).
They claim, "Marvel wants Tobey and Andrew back for Secret Wars."
That would certainly be a fitting place to unite heroes from across the Multiverse, though it does sound like Garfield could be a priority for Marvel Studios.

The actor arguably stole the show in Spider-Man: No Way Home, and a later Tweet claimed, "Andrew Garfield could actually come back for MULTIPLE projects."
Daniel Richtman has also backed this up, stating: "I also hear Andrew might come back."

This could happen in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Morbius (which appears to be set in the same reality as The Amazing Spider-Man franchise), or perhaps even a new take on The Amazing Spider-Man 3 continuing this wall-crawler's story after No Way Home set him back on a brighter path.
Rumours like these were to be expected, but the response to the latest Marvel Studios movie should make everyone involved aware of how much interest there is in seeing more of Garfield and Maguire

Continuing Andrew Garfield with TASM3??
AmpleLegalCur-size_restricted.gif

SafeOrAlone

Banned
It's tricky. I don't want Andrew Garfield in Venom 3 or some nonsense. And I don't know if Amazing Spider-Man 3 is the best answer either. I want to see him back though. Maybe in Secret Wars.

DKehoe

Gold Member
I thought they gave Garfield's Spider-Man closure. Better to just leave it be.

Also between Far From Home and the Spider-Verse stuff I feel like we've had plenty of alternate Spider-Men crossing over with each other. The end of Far From Home seemed like it was a soft reboot to get him back to being friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I meant it in a very soft sense. I guess maybe moving onto a new phase would have been more accurate.
New phase sure, but they also setup their next plot lines in this movie, and left some cliff hangers, like when/how will Ned/MJ learn the truth.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Did they reboot Quantum Leap because this sounds like someone is putting right what once went wrong

TGO

I don’t think they will. I think they’re done.
Real MJ incoming?
I can see her getting Peters attention because he hears her name and thinks it's Michelle and bam!
Peters true love 😁

Ulysses 31

Real MJ incoming?
I can see her getting Peters attention because he hears her name and thinks it's Michelle and bam!
Peters true love 😁
Maybe we'll finally find out happened to Uncle Ben in this dimension or if there's also an Oscorp. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Not sure about Uncle Ben (may have missed something mentioned in film), but Oscorp does not exist in Holland's Universe.

Uncle Ben I believe exists but as we saw he never gave MCU Peter the responsibility line.

We know it happened, but Peter's words to Tony on why he does the heroing was something like "When you can do the things I can do, and the bad things happen and you don't do anything then they're on you".

Still a helluva way to weave an origin out of a trilogy.

sol_bad

Uncle Ben exists because Peter used his suitcase when he went to Europe in FFH:
OIP.rJqz2Gxmq9agYxBliGjAgwHaEG

It could easily be retconned as May's brother or something. If Ben existed in the MCU, their talk on the roof of the school would have been a perfect opportunity for Holland Pete to mention his uncle.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Uncle Ben I believe exists but as we saw he never gave MCU Peter the responsibility line.

We know it happened, but Peter's words to Tony on why he does the heroing was something like "When you can do the things I can do, and the bad things happen and you don't do anything then they're on you".

Still a helluva way to weave an origin out of a trilogy.

True, but even in the original comic, Uncle Ben was not the one who gave Peter that line. It was something Peter learned after his foolishness caused the death of Ben. He took for granted his powers, thinking he could do anything.

spider-man-burgler.jpg

Recently started reading the original Spider-man run and I am surprised at how faithful so much of it was in the Sam Raimi film.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

If you actually watched No Way Home instead of watching a 6 hour YouTube video about it, you'd know the answer to that.
They said it wasn't established that there wasn't one(at least the mutli-billion $ version) so which means it can still be introduced later on.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Maybe we'll finally find out happened to Uncle Ben in this dimension or if there's also an Oscorp. :messenger_winking_tongue:
Was there even an Uncle Ben in Holland's universe? Never heard him mentioned.

As for Oscorp, Osbourne himself confirm it doesn't exist, hence why he's feeling lost.

Ulysses 31

Was there even an Uncle Ben in Holland's universe? Never heard him mentioned.

As for Oscorp, Osbourne himself confirm it doesn't exist, hence why he's feeling lost.
I don't think he's been mentioned yet in the MCU movies but that doesn't mean he never existed in that universe.

Osbourne confirms the corp is not where he expects it to be but as a new arrival in that universe he's not really an authority to claim Oscorp doesn't exist in any form in the MCU.

Last edited:

TGO

Pretty sure the school-trip was to an Oscorp owned/funded building.
You're right, it said Oscorp on the monitor if I remember correctly
Honestly I'd love to see both come back
They're so different but the same I don't think Spider-Man fatigue would be possible.
Sign me up for Spider-Man 4 and The Amazing Spider-Man 3

Last edited:

ManaByte

They said it wasn't established that there wasn't one(at least the mutli-billion $ version) so which means it can still be introduced later on.

Then, again, the YouTube videos you're watching to form an opinion of a movie are deliberately omitting facts to mislead you and cause you to have the opinion of whatever agenda they're pushing.

Norman specifically says in the movie that his company does not exist in the MCU when Peter meets him.

Ulysses 31

Then, again, the YouTube videos you're watching to form an opinion of a movie are deliberately omitting facts to mislead you and cause you to have the opinion of whatever agenda they're pushing.
Mislead me into what? I've only seen positive videos on No Way Home so far.
Norman specifically says in the movie that his company does not exist in the MCU when Peter meets him.
Norman's not from that dimension so his statement can be taken with a grain of salt.

You're right, it said Oscorp on the monitor if I remember correctly
Honestly I'd love to see both come back
They're so different but the same I don't think Spider-Man fatigue would be possible.
Sign me up for Spider-Man 4 and The Amazing Spider-Man 3

So basically:

Spider-Man 4 - Tobey

Amazing Spider-Man 3 - Andrew

Spectacular Spider-Man - Tom?

Ulysses 31

YOU HAVEN’T EVEN WATCHED THE MOVIE! The guy’s something of a scientist himself so he obviously tried to find if his company existed in this universe.
The Oscorp he knows doesn't exist, that's not the same as it not existing at all in the MCU.

Ulysses 31

That's not what he said. But you would know that if you had actually watched the movie.
Why should one assume he has all the tools, time and freedom to find out conclusively for himself as a stranger in that universe?

MCU has a history of pulling world threatening secret organisations no one knew off before out of thin air so pulling an Oscorp shouldn't be that hard for them in the future.

Last edited:
Top Bottom