• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobody Is Happy With Call Of Duty Right Now

splattered

Its pretty crazy really that COD is so popular, and makes so much money, yet they are still stuck on the same Warzone map.
There are Indie BR games on PC with 3 or 4 maps lol.

I think i read there was a leak that a huge new Warzone map will be dropping soon

Stuart360

I think i read there was a leak that a huge new Warzone map will be dropping soon
Yeah i believe you're right, i read that somewhere too. Still it will of been almost a year for the first new map to drop, which is pretty crazy for such a big franchize. I mean Apex is on 3 maps, and their maps are way more asset heavy, although Apex is a little older too.

I'm pretty happy with it. Zombies and Prophunt round the whole package out to be a great value and offers a good break from the standard sweaty multiplayer modes.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody is happy with it?

I don't know then.. maybe try a different game/series?

No matter what the series is yearly releases generates fatigue.

Where would they go? Where could they go?

CoD players don't want Fortnite, Pubg, or Apex. They want CoD.

BenG

Neo Member
I heard the same shit with MW 2019. The sheep will still be there day one when the next game releases.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Zombies is great this year, especially Outbreak which really flips the claustrophobic "Night Of The Living Dead" vibe for a more expansive "28 Days/Weeks Later" feel. It really suits the gameplay.

Neff

My brother has been playing this series almost exclusively for a decade and he's pretty much quit within the last month or so. He just uses his PS4 to watch YouTube now.

mitch1971

what year is it GIF

MadPanda

Banned
I heard the same shit with MW 2019. The sheep will still be there day one when the next game releases.

It's not about being a sheep. Different call of Duty titles are developed by different main studios, and hence have different feeling to them. To an outsider they may look the same, but they play very different to regular fans. So let's day people who liked modern warfare gameplay probably won't like cold war and vice versa. So every year some will enjoy it and some will hate it or complaint about it.

Are zombie and BR modes the big selling point of of COD these days?

Br modes are free to play so they aren't selling points, even though you'll need the current main game if you want to level up your guns faster. Don't know about zombies as the last one I played extensively was world at war.

And yet it still sells over 20 million a year, right? Nothing to see here
Cod has been hiding it figures for a long time. Remember when you could see how many online? Yeah they stopped that due to declining numbers.
Cold War defo hasn’t sold more than mw2019.

Cold war Is trash. Modern warfare is good. They fixed the spawns and added better maps so people that complained about that two years ago have nothing to talk about. No one cares about Cold War but activision won’t even give us new guns in Modern Warfare. UNLESS you play war zone. I don’t play war zone.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Call of Duty is over.

Warzone killed it. There's no going back when something objectively superior replaces it.
Battle Royale was the worst thing that happened to cod.

Warzone should've just been all MP in general. But otherwise no one would play it.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Battle Royale was the worst thing that happened to cod.

Warzone should've just been all MP in general. But otherwise no one would play it.
It's the first Call of Duty Multiplayer to compete with Fortnite on XBox Lives Most Played Games List. They're doing something right.

Activision probably is
Me too

Never giving them a single cent, downloaded warzone for free exactly an year ago, tons of laughs with friends, tons of games, headshots, infinite fun, and I still play it today with more than 1000h, and I don't know and give a shit about cold war or other chapters' content merged

I play and i'm happy lol

Nyxir

Its unbelievable how badly Activision is handling Warzone. I mean yeah they never excepted it to be this successful. But you would think they would get their shit together by now.

Top Bottom