• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nominees for the 24th D.I.C.E. Awards announced

kyliethicc

"The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS) is pleased to announce the nominees for its 24th Annual D.I.C.E. Awards (#DICEAwards). Academy members will begin general voting for the video game industry’s premier peer-based awards show on Jan. 26th, 2021 at 5:00 PM PT.

The winners will be revealed at the D.I.C.E. Awards ceremony, happening virtually on April 8th, 2021.

A total of 57 games from 2020 received a nomination. The Last of Us Part II leads with 11 nominations followed by Ghost of Tsushima with 10 nods and Hades with 8.
Tying for 5 nominations each are Half-Life: Alyx, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Finalists for 2020’s top honor, Game of the Year, are: Animal Crossing: New Horizons, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, Ghost of Tsushima, Hades and The Last of Us Part II.

The Academy and its Board of Directors thank all of the people who serve as Peer Panelists and generously volunteer their time to determine finalists. View a full list of Peer Panelists here."

For anyone who doesn't know, the DICE awards are like the Oscars, where they are voted on by panels of industry professionals, meaning actual game devs give out these awards. They all sit down and play every game and discuss the nominees and winners, taking lots of time to award them instead of rushing them out in December.

"The D.I.C.E. Awards (formerly the Interactive Achievement Awards) is an award show in the video game industry started in 1998. The awards are arranged by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS), and held during the AIAS' annual D.I.C.E. Summit in Las Vegas. "D.I.C.E." is a backronym for "Design Innovate Communicate Entertain"."

"The nominees in each category are selected by a peer panel assembled by AIAS of over 100 video game professionals across several facets of the industry, including developers, programmers, artists, and publishers, which is published on the AIAS website each year. The nominees are then voted on by the full membership of AIAS (of approximately 22,000 members) via a confidential and secured voting system, and winners are subsequently announced during the D.I.C.E. Summit in Las Vegas, typically the February of that year."

Last edited:
Top Bottom