• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NORCO - Launch Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

NORCO is coming March 24

You can play the entire first act of the Tribeca-winning Southern Gothic point & click narrative adventure game NORCO for free. Your save files will carry over to the full game when released on March 24.

Your brother Blake has gone missing in the aftermath of your mother's death. In the hopes of finding him, you must follow a fugitive security cyborg through the refineries, strip malls, and drainage ditches of suburban New Orleans.

reksveks

Good start

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the first 12 minutes of NORCO gameplay, a point-and-click adventure game set in a declining Louisiana.

NORCO is a new indie game from developer Geography of Robots. It's modelled after the classic adventure game style and is set in a sci-fi universe. The beginning of it sees you playing through chapter 1, set five years after your character left home for the first time. After you mother dies, you return to your childhood home to discover what's been happening while you're gone.

xrnzaaas

After finishing the game I have to say I had a lot of fun. I loved the visuals and the music, the (not-so) futuristic world is very interesting, it's got likeable main characters, doesn't have abstract puzzles and most of them have a logical solution, some cool mini-games as well and even the occasional combat is okay. Two things I would change - more choices for how to end the game and less situations where only the text describes the scene (with nothing else on screen). I obviously didn't mind reading (a lot of) text in this game, but in some situations it would really be nice to have an artwork or some simple animations accompany that.

Last edited:

Roberts

Started it over after trying and failing (was too tired and fell asleep each time) a month ago. Man, what a game. It's not like I have ever talked to a guy named Garett before, but if I ever do, Norco will be the only thing I think about. Such a pleasantly weird oddity.

Fools idol

Banned
The writing is absolutely top end for a point and click adventure game.

It harps on nostalgia strings massively, and while the story can be a little incoherant at times (by design) you will get sucked in from the jump.

In a nutshell the main characters brother goes missing and you are sort of playing detective / george stobart in a world that is not exactly willing to help you find him. It's a sci-fi conspiracy plot, the kind that is a real rabbit hole that just keeps going deeper.

The negatives for me were a kind of bland sound track, the usual point and click pitfall of getting stuck and not knowing who to talk to or what item to use where etc still persist from what I remember though I played it lsat year so maybe its updated since then. Was in early access. It also has no voice acting from what I rememeber which is a big bummer.

I would say it's 'The Dig' meets Broken Sword and the setting is akin to Beneath A Steel Sky.

Last edited:
Top Bottom