• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norm Macdonald, dead at 61 after battle with cancer

his humor is kinda hit or miss for me, but I always respect the guy for sticking to what he believes in. RIP you legend. :messenger_pensive:

Last edited:
RIP to an absolute legend.

And lol at you lazy fucks who need to let everyone know that you didn't even know he had cancer. Yeah. No shit you didn't. He kept it private. Literally the second paragraph of the linked article. It even makes into the god damn automatically generated link preview.

He had the type of presence and delivery where he didn't even have to say a word and you could just feel the sarcasm and comedy emanating from him. Condolences to those close to him.

O-N-E

anime-sad.gif

One of the most hilarious interviews I've seen.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
This hurts. I loved this guy. Had to sit for a sec upon reading this. Nothing but legend this guy was. Didn't even know he was battling cancer. RIP norm.

Fuck...I am tearing up...Yeah death is part of life, but it stings just the same when someone that made your life brighter, if only for a few minutes at a time, passes away. My favourite comedian by a cosmic distance, a one of a kind human being, quirky, generous, well read, intelligent and let me tell ya, Goddamn funny!
Fuck...Fuck...😢

Last edited:

Davey Cakes

RIP to one of the funniest guys in the world. Norm could make a joke out of anything and it would be hilarious. He was a natural.

I was lucky enough to see his act back when I was in college. His standup was always solid but his dry humor worked in a bunch of different contexts. A huge loss in today's world where comedy is dying.

Last edited:

Kreen101

This is an immense loss. He was one of a kind, in that he had a deep knowledge and appreciation of the history and mechanics of comedy (he knew all about the old-time guys like Don Rickles and Rodney Dangerfield and had learned from them), he was well-read but could play dumb, he could do impersonations and physical comedy when needed, he was quick-witted but at the same time could do serious interviews, Tom Snyder-like, he could create personas (like the old, grizzled character he pretends to be in his "memoirs"), he could be sentimental and heartfelt but at the same time specialized in dark humor, and he did not give a hoot if he offended you (he was one of the few anti-woke, anti-PC comedians left). His voice and talent were sorely needed in these dark days of comedy where you get applause if you make an easy, hack joke at the expense of Trump but get canceled if you make a funny, clever one at the expense of a protected group or person.

61 is way too young to die when you have so much talent and so much to contribute to the world of comedy.

clem84

Gold Member
Norm on Dave, impersonating Dave. The impersonation is at 12:00.

I hadn't watched this in a very long time. I laughed all the way through.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Big fan of Norm, I cannot believe he's gone.

I'll probably be watching clips for weeks... he was incredible.

Rest in peace.

Top Bottom