• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Norm Macdonald, dead at 61 after battle with cancer

poodaddy

My favorite comedian in the world. I literally watched his stuff on youtube every single day. Very literally never got tired of it. So brilliant, and what makes it even sadder is just how much he talked about, and seemed to dread death. It's just so unfair.

MastaKiiLA

This will always be the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Norm. I remember watching this live with my floormates back in college, and we were dying when he said "box office poison." One of the greatest moments in late-night television. He was so proud of himself too, but you could see Courtney absolutely dying inside. It's such an epic burn.

Norm Macdonald was a comedian's comedian. He has a loyal following amongst fans, but not a large one. But I think all comics recognize and appreciate his brilliance. RIP bruv.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
This will always be the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Norm. I remember watching this live with my floormates back in college, and we were dying when he said "box office poison." One of the greatest moments in late-night television. He was so proud of himself too, but you could see Courtney absolutely dying inside. It's such an epic burn.

Norm Macdonald was a comedian's comedian. He has a loyal following amongst fans, but not a large one. But I think all comics recognize and appreciate his brilliance. RIP bruv.
His quick come back with “B O R E D” slays me every time

Such an underrated comedian.

I learned my dry humor from him.

Dirty Work is one of the GOAT comedy films and nobody has seen it.

work scene GIF

Mr Hyde

Never liked him as a comedian, thought he was pretty mediocre, but it's sad to see him go like this. He will definitely be missed. Rest in peace. Cancer is the worst.

MacReady13

This really hurt. He was my fav comedian of all time. I was very lucky to be in New York City about 12 years ago walking through Central Park and walked right by him. Regret I never asked for at least a photo and to tell him how much I loved his work. He will be sorely missed. Comedy will never be the same.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Shame he wasn't given more leads in movies. He's much funnier than Sandler. I've never seen Dirty Jobs. Going to give it a watch at the earliest opportunity.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
His last standup special on Netflix was amazing if you haven't seen it. One of the few standup routines I've watched more than once.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Heartwarming to see so many show their love and appreciation for Norm in the last few days. It's also not surprising to see some try and retroactively cancel him. (reeeee)

Last edited:

MacReady13

Did I read correctly that the unfunny Jimmy Fallon gave a tribute? The same guy whose show cancelled his appearance a few years ago cause some of his staff felt threatened by Norm?

I was happy to hear Conan do a whole podcast dedicated to Norm. Always bummed he never went on the podcast and read that it may have been that soy boy co host Andy Richter may have thwarted that from happening... funnily enough Andy did mention in the podcast he was a little flummoxed when Norm would make gay jokes towards him as he didn't know how to approach staff they worked with! It was a fucking joke you so called comedian! If those that work with you got upset over you playing along with a joke and laughing then just tell your staff to grow some fucking tougher skin!

I have been pleasantly surprised and really touched by so many comedians though coming out saying how much they loved Norm and know he was a groundbreaking and legendary comedian. I admit I did tear up a little hearing Conan talk about Norm on his podcast. There will never be another like Norm. He was just so completely unique.

AGRacing

"Ba-dum bump."

Norm fans :

"Nothing Special". A comedy special Norm was working on and recorded himself prior to a medical procedure is now on Netflix.

Afterward there is a conversation between famous Norm friends like Chappelle, David Letterman, Adam Sandler, Conan OBrian, David Spade...

It you really love the guy it will be difficult to watch at times... but worth it of course.

Cheers to a legend.

Top Bottom