• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nostalgia alert - The Legacy console game library Mega Thread! - Video edition

Stuart360

Want that hit of nostalgia?, want to remember that game you used to love?, look no further than the most comprehensive video diary of past consoles games libraries in existence! (probably).

What better for a bit of late night viewing -

All 1002 Xbox Games​

All 4218 PS2 Games​

All 651 GC Games​

All 636 DC Games​

All 4221 PS1 Games​

All 1107 Saturn Games​

All 388 N64 Games​

All 56 Jaguar Games​

All 309 3DO Games​

SEGA CD / Mega CD All 204 Games​

Genesis/Mega Drive All 869 Games​

All 1727 SNES Games​

All 1380 NES Games​

All 314 MS Games​

All 1978 PSP Games​

All 365 GG Games​

Atari Lynx All 76 Games​

All 3560 NDS Games​

All 1539 GBA Games​

All 912 GBC Games​

All 1049 GB Games​

Virtual Boy All 22 Games​

There are compilation vids of smaller or lesser known consoles too on the channel, if you fancy them. And it would be cool if we could get some retro discussion going, some memories, and all that. Its history after all.

Well this will certainly keep you nostalgia heads, and game history buffs going for a while!.
Have fun.

DISCLAIMER - No these are not my vids. No this is not self promotion. Yes these vids are cool as hell.:messenger_winking:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Just reminds that we are out of the golden age of exploration with video games. Was a hell of ride to live through. I am very lucky to have lived it first hand.

Bakkus

There was a lot of trash on the GB to be fair. Outside of some Nintendo games and Ghost Babel there's not much worth talking about.
Ghost Babel was GBC, though.

But, yeah, Honey Bunny Honey Bunny , the gameplay design of all the platformers, rpgs, shooters, even puzzle games on that system are insanely primitive by today's standards, so it speaks for itself that most aren't talked about much anymore. There are still some who are other than Pokemon like Donkey Kong 94, Zelda: Link's Awakening (got an improved GBC port, though), The Mario Land games sometimes also get a mention, likewie to the Castlevanias and Mega Mans on the system even though everyone knows they aren't much to write home about compared to their NES and SNES counterparts.

Stuart360

Pretty crazy when you think that the PS2 had more games than the Gamecube, N64, SNES and NES combined. What a beast.
Arguably my fave console, along with 360.
Funny thing is i dont remember PS2 getting literally thousands more games than Xbox and Gamecube that gen, especially Xbox. I mean i knew there were more games on PS2 than Xbox, but not 3000 more!.

EDIT. Alos i dont know the game counts are 100% accurate, there may be the odd game here and there that he couldnt get footage of, but the numbers are def close to accurate, if not accurate.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I played Raiden on Jaguar at a kiosk!

The controller isnt bad. Functionality it's great to have lots of buttons but it was just curved out too big. If they were able to compact the keypad part and make it easier to reach with your thumb, it's a decent from controller for the time.

Stuart360

I played Raiden on Jaguar at a kiosk!

The controller isnt bad. Functionality it's great to have lots of buttons but it was just curved out too big. If they were able to compact the keypad part and make it easier to reach with your thumb, it's a decent from controller for the time.
I actually owned Raisen on Jag, it was a pretty good game. In fact i think i owned most of the Jag games, i loved that console lol.

Top Bottom