• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Xbox has lost Starfield for 2022 are we heading into another Xbox One era?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't being a fan boy, or console WARZ or anything like that.

I just feel really frustrated with this news. I among so many others were sold the promise of Series X really being a new era for MS. I really believed all the PR that they had learnt lessons from the Xbox One gen and the studio buy outs really seemed like they had... I was so convinced in this new future that I sold my PS5 for a Series X to invest in it.

And now... Halo Infinite BS... Starfield delays. Nothing to show for 2022 with everyone hoping that somehow 2023 will be the year when things are different. I remember going through all of this with MS last gen.

I guess I'm just really frustrated. I'm buying a PS5 again this month and still keeping my Series X. I just feel that I've really lost faith in Phil Spencer and MS.

I didn't want my Series X to only be a third party machine. I really wanted it to be a console which I could have next to my PS5 with its own strong selection of first party games.

Things need to really change with MS.

Anyway disappointed ramble over I guess.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Just with the amount of studios they have this isn't possible. As Sony, Microsoft keeps their cards close to their chest until their games are in a stable position with the progression of development. They will release footage when things are ready.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
lol no. it'll come out next year. we're due a forza motorsport and another horizon. then there are all the other games in development. and of course, Elder Scrolls VI will be a huge Xbox/PC exclusive.

oh no a game got delayed a few months so that must mean xbox are doomed! /s it's wishful thinking on the part of some.

Riky

$MSFT
And we STILL have a content first party drought. So...

But the Xbox One drought lasted the entire generation after the launch, this is a totally different situation. All the games announced will come out, there will be almost too much to play eventually.

GHG

Gold Member
NOPE.

2023 will be great.

Maybe.

But one thing is certain, in 2023 2024 will be the new 2023.

germany fans GIF by NBA

But the Xbox One drought lasted the entire generation after the launch, this is a totally different situation. All the games announced will come out, there will be almost too much to play eventually.
This is not a conversation we should be having. Phil Spencers buy outs were made to change the very same situation we are now in that plagued the Xbox One era.

Xbox Series X was sold on the promise of a new era. That promise has been broken so far.

Last edited:

NahaNago

It will be different this time around simply due to the difference in the number of studios they have now to make games versus last gen. Xbox will be fine as soon as starfield comes out and then they will have a flood of first party games.

Just with the amount of studios they have this isn't possible. As Sony, Microsoft keeps their cards close to their chest until their games are in a stable position with the progression of development. They will release footage when things are ready.
That was NOT the case with Starfield or Perfect Dark Zero or State of Decay 3 at all.

Last edited:
It will be different this time around simply due to the difference in the number of studios they have now to make games versus last gen. Xbox will be fine as soon as starfield comes out and then they will have a flood of first party games.
I really really hope so. But that promise that Phil Spencer made wasn't on the premise of waiting till 2023/24 it was based on the here and now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom