• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD November 2022 | 45% increase YoY compared to last year, PS5, Switch and then Xbox. COD #1 November and YTD, GoW #2 and Pokemon #3

Imtjnotu

NPD doesn't get digital sales numbers from Nintendo, show yourself the door.

Take your L

You Suck Make It Rain GIF by eUnited

Sony is flooding the US with units, the God of War bundle is topping the Amazon charts ahead of Switch in December as well.
Even Japan is getting treated nicely, continental europe is still not there but things have been improving especially since Cybermonday.
It will be interesting to see the shipments for the quarter.
Things will be different from the last 2 years where Switch was completely dominant in Q3, this year i think it will be very close between PS5 and Switch with the PS5 winning in the America's and Switch winning in Japan, Europe and Other with Xbox a distant third worldwide.

FYQ3 2020

NSW- 11.57 million
PS5 - 4.50 million
XBS - 3.20 million

FYQ3 2021

NSW - 10.67 million
XBS - 4.40 million
PS5 - 3.90 million

FYQ3 2022 Prediction

NSW - 9.55 million?
PS5 - 8.50 million?
XBS - 5.80 million?

Unknown?

Things will be different from the last 2 years where Switch was completely dominant in Q3, this year i think it will be very close between PS5 and Switch with the PS5 winning in the America's and Switch winning in Japan, Europe and Other with Xbox a distant third worldwide.

FYQ3 2020

NSW- 11.57 million
PS5 - 4.50 million
XBS - 3.20 million

FYQ3 2021

NSW - 10.67 million
XBS - 4.40 million
PS5 - 3.90 million

FYQ3 2022 Prediction

NSW - 9.55 million?
PS5 - 8.50 million?
XBS - 5.80 million?

This will be the last holiday season that Switch comes out on top. Just like PS4 in 2018, it is inevitable when an old gaming system ages to lose steam.

This will be the last holiday season that Switch comes out on top. Just like PS4 in 2018, it is inevitable when an old gaming system ages to lose steam.
Yeah next Q3 the PS5 should be at it's peak and hit 10 million and unless Switch gets a massive price cut i can see it dropping to 6 million.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

I'm sure people were saying this in 2021, saying theres no chance nintendo has another amazing 2022....But here we are.

I wouldn't count them out.

Handel

Did God of War ragnarok with November for NPD, yes or no?
It didn't, COD did. Pokemon is likely the #2 when digital sales are accounted for, since it's at #3 here with just physical sales, and digital sales are the majority across platforms and Pokemon is a higher selling franchise than GoW. Scarlet and Violet is breaking records not just for the Pokemon series, but Nintendo as a whole :

https://gamerant.com/pokemon-scarlet-violet-sales-copies-reveal-gen-10-legends-sequel-remakes/#:~:text=However%2C%20this%20didn't%20stop,Pokemon%20Company%20as%20a%20whole.

However, this didn't stop the franchise from hitting another major milestone with the newest set of mainline games, as Pokemon Scarlet and Violet sold 10 million copies in three days, which is a new record for any Nintendo software and The Pokemon Company as a whole.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

It didn't, COD did. Pokemon is likely the #2 when digital sales are accounted for, since it's at #3 here with just physical sales, and digital sales are the majority across platforms and Pokemon is a higher selling franchise than GoW. Scarlet and Violet is breaking records not just for the Pokemon series, but Nintendo as a whole :

https://gamerant.com/pokemon-scarlet-violet-sales-copies-reveal-gen-10-legends-sequel-remakes/#:~:text=However%2C%20this%20didn't%20stop,Pokemon%20Company%20as%20a%20whole.
shit i meant to put did it beat pokemon*

Dafegamer

Again, that's not certain. GOW debuted at #5, while Pokemon at #8 according to YTD NPD numbers, meaning there is no clear conclusion to make that Pokemon did in fact outsell GOW this NPD, even if Digital Numbers were to be counted.

Sony is flooding the US with units, the God of War bundle is topping the Amazon charts ahead of Switch in December as well.
Even Japan is getting treated nicely, continental europe is still not there but things have been improving especially since Cybermonday.
It will be interesting to see the shipments for the quarter.
That thing deservedly prints money... when a game releases and sell more than Pokemon you must know you have a gem in your hands.

I'm in the crater region, this is like a complete game as a side area within a game!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's embarrassing that we had legitimate video game talking heads on their podcast saying that Sony screwed up by not having their own PS5s. LOL! They did they right thing. I don't like Jimbo, but he's clearly doing some things right.

Top Bottom