• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2016 [Sony, MS, & Nintendo refuse to comment on hardware]

Well I would have won the bet, my belief was that the game would easily sell 5 million and looking at the figures, I ain't wrong. It's nothing special of a game and that's seen with the huge drop in the UK, it's not going to have those crazy TLOU legs. UC4 definitely won't do 10 million if that's what you mean, the hardcore have got the game and it ain't gonna do 4x its first week unless you count pack ins later on.

UC4 will sell more than games that are worse quality wise such as your Bloodbornes or Splatoons and less than TLOU worldwide. I think that sounds about right to me and shows some people have decent taste in games.

You said that it wouldn't do much more then 5 million. It sold 2.7 million in its first week and has had a fairly typical drop in the UK for how high it launched.

In what world would you have won the bet? I wasn't calling you out on it reaching 5 million lifetime. I was calling you out on the part where you said it wouldn't do much more. It's not a bold statement or prediction to make in saying that UC4 won't be the worst selling UC title. But not selling much more then 5 million? That's bet worthy.

BOLD PREDICTION INCOMING:
Gears 4 should easily sell 1 million lifetime.

RexNovis

Banned
BOLD PREDICTION INCOMING:
Gears 4 should easily sell 1 million lifetime.

Its funny how much calling this a "BOLD PREDICTION" irks me. Its like when you hear somebody completely misuse the word literally or when someone uses profits and revenue interchangeably... Why does this bother me so much... My mind is weird...

Rymuth

Its funny how much calling this a "BOLD PREDICTION" irks me. Its like when you hear somebody completely misuse the word literally or when someone uses profits and revenue interchangeably... Why does this bother me so much... My mind is weird...
*whispers*

Irregardless.

Wait, did I use it wrong? I actually have no idea. Some grammar thing? English is my third language.

It looked good in my head lol.

RexNovis

Banned
Wait, did I use it wrong? I actually have no idea. Some grammar thing? English is my third language.

It looked good in my head lol.

You used it sarcastically which isn't really wrong but since that prediction is the antithesis of bold I found it irksome. You're fine man it's my whack ass brain that's to blame.

You used it sarcastically which isn't really wrong but since that prediction is the antithesis of bold I found it irksome. You're fine man it's my whack ass brain that's to blame.

Ah, gotchu!

And I'm interested in seeing how exactly Sony intends on meeting the 20 million target. They've been up most months this year, but I don't think just those increases would be enough.

Or maybe they would.

RexNovis

Banned
Ah, gotchu!

And I'm interested in seeing how exactly Sony intends on meeting the 20 million target. They've been up most months this year, but I don't think just those increases would be enough.

Or maybe they would.

It basically means they have a price cut in store and are perhaps a bit bullish on the success of the HW iteration they plan to release this year. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Ah, gotchu!

Or maybe they would.

Well the good stuff hasn't come out yet. PS4 Slim, PS4K and PSVR all look like they'll be out by the end of the year. We'll have cheaper PS4's than ever, the cheapest of the real gaming VR solutions and a PS4 for people serious about 4K media.

While we've seen some modest gains here in the US, Xbox One is still splitting a lot of potential PS4 sales with its heavy sales and promotions. Internationally with Wii U dead and Xbox One not really a threat outside the UK, if you're buying a games console this upcoming financial year, your only real option is going to be PS4.

ethomaz

Banned
Anybody saw the new XB1 deal @ Amazon.

+ Xbox One 1TB Console
+ Xbox One Wireless Controller
+ $50 Amazon Gift Card (Physical Card)
+ Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
+ Rare Replay
+ Ori and the Blind Forest (Digital)
+ Halo 5 Limited Edition
+ Forza Horizons 2 (emailed after purchase)

$369 ($319 if you counts the $50 gift card)

PS. Halo 5 Limited Edition is limited until end of Xbox One cycle lol.

Fat4all

Banned

+ Xbox One 1TB Console
+ Rare Replay
+ Ori and the Blind Forest
+ Halo 5 Limited Edition

That's a great fuckin deal, I might actually pick that up for my father.

+ Xbox One 1TB Console
+ Rare Replay
+ Halo 5 Limited Edition

That's either a firesale in itself , or a firesale to get rid of stock before announcing new hardware at E3, they cant go lower than this . Great for consumers desperation for Microsoft.

pixelation

+ Xbox One 1TB Console
+ Rare Replay
+ Halo 5 Limited Edition

Dang... if i wait a few more months they'll come to my house, install it, prepare my breakfast and give me 15 bucks to top it all off.

+ Xbox One 1TB Console
+ Rare Replay
+ Halo 5 Limited Edition

Holy fuck. This is even beyond Black Friday deals.

MAUs are so 2015.

We've moved on to Global Engagement. Keep up!

141zp8.jpg

Do we have Gears 3 LTD and Gears 1 remake LTD? I think those may give us an idea of Gears 4 lack or potential to be a success.

I do however believe it won't drop as bad as Halo 5. 343 tarnished their name, Black Tusk/Coaltion has not. In fact, didn't they do the remake?

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Do we have Gears 3 LTD and Gears 1 remake LTD? I think those may give us an idea of Gears 4 lack or potential to be a success.

I do however believe it won't drop as bad as Halo 5. 343 tarnished their name, Black Tusk/Coaltion has not. In fact, didn't they do the remake?

I don't know the exactly numbers, but LTD in USA Gears of War: Ultimate is easy over 2 million lifetime.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

+ Xbox One 1TB Console
+ Rare Replay
+ Halo 5 Limited Edition

That's insane, honestly.

Kill3r7

+ Xbox One 1TB Console
+ Rare Replay
+ Halo 5 Limited Edition

Never mind.

Honestly, I think gears now has more appeal than halo. Maybe it's just my taste, but halo seems burnt out. The faceless hero behind the helmet thing is not so cool any more*.
Gears still has this raw attraction. Chainsaw guns never get old.

queso is an exception, of course.

Honestly, I think gears now has more appeal than halo. Maybe it's just my taste, but halo seems burnt out. The faceless hero behind the helmet thing is not so cool any more*.
Gears still has this raw attraction. Chainsaw guns never get old.

queso is an exception, of course.

I think Gears always had more appeal, I think Halo 3 really inflated things, it was decent, released at a good time, and it's only competition was on PC with high requirements making people Cry. I place emphaSIS on that.

Plus Gears remake according to above poster sold over 2+ million alone in u.s. So I mean Halo 5 barely has passed that at best, and Halo NCC was below that before bundles iirc. So its set Gears is the new king.

Also2mill for GearRE in us alone is interesting,surely with rest of the world it should have passed TF by now becoming the best selling Xbox One game.

I think Gears always had more appeal, I think Halo 3 really inflated things, it was decent, released at a good time, and it's only competition was on PC with high requirements making people Cry. I place emphaSIS on that.

Plus Gears remake according to above poster sold over 2+ million alone in u.s. So I mean Halo 5 barely has passed that at best, and Halo NCC was below that before bundles iirc. So its set Gears is the new king.

Also2mill for GearRE in us alone is interesting,surely with rest of the world it should have passed TF by now becoming the best selling Xbox One game.

The remake was the main Xbox bundle for that summer, it also wasn't a full priced retail game being only $40.

The last $60 gears game, Judgement only sold a quarter of 3 did US, and last reported figres were "above 1million".

RexNovis

Banned

+ Xbox One 1TB Console
+ Rare Replay
+ Halo 5 Limited Edition

Wow that deal is nuts. You're basically paying $180 for a 1TB console when accounting for the market value of all the games and the gift card. That's better than the XB1 deals they are doing here in Japan o_O

Anyone want to put some Overwatch predictions out there before Blizzard possibly reveals those numbers?

I think its going to have a massive digital skew especially given that PC seems to be the leading platform by a huge margin so far so I dont think NPD will come anywhere close to painting the real picture for the game. I think it will sell upwards of 2.5 million in its first week WW including digital with NPD counting in at around 450k-500k for its debut month.

My boldest prediction: It will be the highest reviewed game to release this gen (not counting remasters or rereleases) on both OpenCritic and MetaCritic.

Speaking of which, anyone know when reviews are due out? Seems odd we dont have any after the game has officially released.

Welfare

Wow that deal is nuts. You're basically paying $180 for a 1TB console when accounting for the market value of all the games and the gift card. That's better than the XB1 deals they are doing here in Japan o_O
I think the real news is that you are actually seeing stores stock Xbox One's over there for there to be deals.

RexNovis

Banned
I think the real news is that you are actually seeing stores stock Xbox One's over there for there to be deals.

Touche. But I seriously doubt they needed to restock since their initial launch shipment. The Yodabashi Camera closest to me had somewhere around 10 XB1s when the system released and they have 6 XB1s now. By all appearances they never restocked despite having some truly crazy deals over the years. The next time I am there I will ask them. But yea the platform is deader than dead here.

Top Bottom