• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2014 [Up2: PS4/XB1/Wii U/360 Hardware, BD/Poke/DK]

Hmmmm:
KZ has a bundle
Titanfall has a bundle
Infamous has a bundle
Forza has a bundle
Fifa has a bundle
COD has a bundle
Knack has a bundle
MGS5 has a bundle
So rare!

all sold significantly well with the exception of TF and MGS since I haven't the foggiest

and seeing as PS4s are sold out and a said exclusive game is coming out as well to wet those new buyers appetite I see it selling well

more then XO version of TF?

I don't know... but I wouldn't be GOD smacked if it did

FiggyCal

Banned
all sold significantly well with the exception of TF and MGS since I haven't the foggiest

and seeing as PS4s are sold out and a said exclusive game is coming out as well to wet those new buyers appetite I see it selling well

more then XO version of TF?

I don't know... but I wouldn't be GOD smacked if it did

If by TF you mean "Tropical Freeze", you'd be correct. Titanfall is selling well by all accounts.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Titanfall should sell more, Infamous doesn't have an official bundle in North America. Second Son will top Infamous 2's opening month though (369k).

Why do you guys keep leaving out the sales part...

there is a lot of factors to consider too

the PS4 userbase size, the attach rate, the marketing appeal, etc...

the list goes on and on.... one can't look at the series previous sales and compare it relative to the new games success.... especially if it is on a new generational console with a hungry new userbase

there is a lot of factors to consider too

the PS4 userbase size, the attach rate, the marketing appeal, etc...

the list goes on and on.... one can't look at the series previous sales and compare it relative to the new games success.... especially if it is on a new generational console with a hungry new userbase
History likes to repeat itself. Especially when you talk about known quantities.

I would expect Infamous to outsell Titanfall, not as much exclusive content available on PS4 as there is on Xbox One (not saying TF is exclusive) and the user base is large and looking for something new.

longdi

Banned
Um no, the gap increased...

monthly bro, monthly. although what is the most speculated reason why X1 sales spiked last month? Pre-titan-fallers buying for the beta? In general view of things, MS will make massive awareness of Titanfall, price discounts and the game will get buzzing reviews and all. The 'first' next gen game to buy into next gen blah blah blah

400k x1 vs 200k ps4 in march is feasible.

unless Infamous turns out really really good and not just Infamous part 3, there is no 'big
game for ps4 in the next few months.

So, at first I was hopeful that we'd see some Y/Y software growth next month, but I've been looking back at March 2013.

It had:
Code:
Bioshock Infinite		878K
Tomb Raider			640K
Gears of War: Judgment		620K
God of War: Ascension		570K + 60K in bundles
Call of Duty: Black Ops II	>365K
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon	>365K
As well as everything else in the all formats and some titles outside of it >100K. Even the Wii U had a title over 100K with Lego City Undercover.

Meanwhile, is this an accurate release listing for the March 2014 tracking period?
Code:
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F				PSVita
South Park: The Stick of Truth				Win, PS3, X360
Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky	PS3
Dark Souls II						PS3, X360
Titanfall						Win, XBO
Yoshi's New Island					3DS
Final Fantasy X HD Remaster				PS3, PSVita
Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster				PS3, PSVita
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes			PS3, PS4, X360, XBO
Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z					Win, PS3, X360
Infamous: Second Son					PS4
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma				PS3
Deception IV: Blood Ties				PS3, PSVita
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls				Win, Mac
The Witch and the Hundred Knight			PS3
Titanfall						X360
MLB 14: The Show					PS3, PSVita
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends			PS4, PS3, PSVita

I just can't see these matching up to the software slate from last March, even with finally having the likes of Infamous and Titanfall to drive next gen software sales. :(

Lady Gaia

Ill jump in. March 11th vs march 21 is not a fair comparison. Npd will cover more time for titanfall and infamous is in unfair disadvantage. If it doesn't sell alot in 9 days vs titan falls 19 days. People will say infamous flopped.

People can say whatever they please, the staggered release dates won't have a material impact on the sales trajectory — just the short-term reporting. Look on the bright side: Infamous will almost certainly be the "fastest selling" new-gen title launched in March during the initial reporting period. ;-)

While I suspect Second Son will indeed outsell Titanfall on PS4/Xbone given a half-decent marketing campaign, I fully expect TF to have serious legs if you include PC and 360. It should do substantially better across all platforms combined or it risks being dubbed a huge failure.

donny2112

3DS+Vita is between 175 and 180K. Vita seems to be ~24K. Thinking of going with 155K for 3DS, since I like going with 5/10s when it's a guess, unless the range is smaller than that. Anyone in the know want to nod their head/shoot down that as a go-ahead? :)

monthly bro, monthly. although what is the most speculated reason why X1 sales spiked last month? Pre-titan-fallers buying for the beta? In general view of things, MS will make massive awareness of Titanfall, price discounts and the game will get buzzing reviews and all. The 'first' next gen game to buy into next gen blah blah blah

400k x1 vs 200k ps4 in march is feasible.

unless Infamous turns out really really good and not just Infamous part 3, there is no 'big
game for ps4 in the next few months.
Why would the PS4 sales go down? It has done 250k+ even in January. Feb had units put aside for Japan.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So, at first I was hopeful that we'd see some Y/Y software growth next month, but I've been looking back at March 2013.

It had:

I just can't see these matching up to the software slate from last March, even with finally having the likes of Infamous and Titanfall to drive next gen software sales. :(

Really? I think this months slate will pretty much wreck 2013. Diablo 3 did really well in NPD when it came out and I'd imagine RoS will sell physical box copies pretty decently for whatever strange reason.

Infamous + TItanfall + Dark Souls 2 + South Park + MGS:GZ + FFX HD on top of that really should push this month ahead

MLB The Show is an April / May release though. edit: Wait does April 1st fall into the tracking period? Guess it does.

MercuryLS

Banned
So you don't think infamous isnt a mediocre sales game?

It's an ok selling franchise for Sony. But I think the next gen hype, pretty visuals, solid game and possible scores, along with slim pickins on the console and 6 mill userbase is going to cause it to do brisk sales. I don't think looking at the previous titles sales is going to be indicative of the sales potential of this title.

I hope Sony reserved extra units for March.

It would be a real shame to have a big title like Infamous launching this month and NOT have extra units available for it.

Well the Titanfall bundle sold me a XB1 in March.

Only paid about $250 for it total in cash because I took advantage of GameStop's 50% bonus trade-ins to get rid of my old Wii (don't need it with the Wii U) and my 360 (all I had left was Halo 3/4 on it). Also dumped Battlefield 4 on PS4 because, y'know crashes.

jim2011

People can say whatever they please, the staggered release dates won't have a material impact on the sales trajectory — just the short-term reporting. Look on the bright side: Infamous will almost certainly be the "fastest selling" new-gen title launched in March during the initial reporting period. ;-)

While I suspect Second Son will indeed outsell Titanfall on PS4/Xbone given a half-decent marketing campaign, I fully expect TF to have serious legs if you include PC and 360. It should do substantially better across all platforms combined or it risks being dubbed a huge failure.

What marketing campaign for Second Son? I intend on buying it but there is no comparison in terms of marketing. You have titanfall and then you have everything else. It's all over the place. I've yet to see ads for Infamous yet have been seeing ads for Titanfall since launch of Xbox One.

No way in hell Infamous sells more in the U.S. (we are talking about NPD here) short term or long term. Also as far as "fastest selling", how could you not give the edge to Titanfall? Stores even opened up at midnight for it. It will easily hold the record for best selling next gen title in a single day.

Top Bottom