• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2015 [Up2: Batman, Splatoon]

giphy.gif

:dead:

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
What are the odds Splatoon remains in the top 10 in July and August after the update? I'd say pretty high.

cakely

Just noticed PS4 is winning July with only one sku, while Xbox One has 8 sku's (2 deals) and only MCC is in the top 50 of the hourly charts.

Monthly charts says PS4 is number 6 while MCC 1TB is 23 & MCC 500GB is 26.

Wtf is happening here?

Sales have probably dropped off for both consoles, and the AK bundle momentum went way into July and still had a substantial impact.

It sounds like a decent PS4 win for July based off Amazon monthly, but I'd like to wait until the end of the month before making that prediction.

Welfare

Just noticed PS4 is winning July with only one sku, while Xbox One has 8 sku's (2 deals) and only MCC is in the top 50 of the hourly charts.

Monthly charts says PS4 is number 6 while MCC 1TB is 23 & MCC 500GB is 26.

Wtf is happening here?

3 of those aren't out yet (Forza, Gears, Madden). Also with 5 choices, they would all be separated.

3 of those aren't out yet (Forza, Gears, Madden). Also with 5 choices, they would all be separated.

but pre-orders would still show in this months charts and as of yet I have seen none of those sku's in either hourly,weekly or monthly charts. I find that strange.

Actually they wouldn't be separated because two of those are deals and deals count towards the same MCC sku be it 1TB or 500GB

Welfare

but pre-orders would still show in this months charts and as of yet I have seen none of those sku's in either hourly,weekly or monthly charts. I find that strange.

Actually they wouldn't be separated because two of those are deals and deals count towards the same MCC sku be it 1TB or 500GB

Sorry, I just woke up and wasn't thinking.

I still trying to figure why Sony is not bringing the MGSV limted edition PS4(or any MGSV bundle as of now) to the US (because I want one). Am I wrong to think that would be much appealing than another Destiny bundle?

Javin98

Banned
Sales have probably dropped off for both consoles, and the AK bundle momentum went way into July and still had a substantial impact.

It sounds like a decent PS4 win for July based off Amazon monthly, but I'd like to wait until the end of the month before making that prediction.
Looks to me like a decent win for the PS4 in July as well, but then again, even the Amazon monthly charts aren't very accurate. I'll wait for info from Abdiel before making my prediction, as usual.

Also, as a side note, Sony's financial reports are tomorrow. Does anyone else see the PS4 sold in figures being 25 million?

Welfare

Also, as a side note, Sony's financial reports are tomorrow. Does anyone else see the PS4 sold in figures being 25 million?

Would have to ship 2.7m in the last quarter, which is what they shipped in the same quarter last year.

I think it'll be slightly below that, but seeing as I was wrong with the Wii U, it could be higher :p

Javin98

Banned
Would have to ship 2.7m in the last quarter, which is what they shipped in the same quarter last year.

I think it'll be slightly below that, but seeing as I was wrong with the Wii U, it could be higher :p
I think it's possible, mostly depends on how many of those Batman Arkham Knight bundles they shipped.

Boke1879

I still trying to figure why Sony is not bringing the MGSV limted edition PS4(or any MGSV bundle as of now) to the US (because I want one). Am I wrong to think that would be much appealing than another Destiny bundle?

It's tough because Japan and EU are getting the MGSV bundles. So it is strange it's not seeing a release in the US. A Destiny bundle makes sense though because it did so well for them the last time. I can see the numbers being lower but I do think the Destiny bundle will move units.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Once again we have evidence of how crap Chartz is.

The Wii U shipped 10.01m units by June 31st 2015 to retailers.

But according to Chartz there were 9.96m sold through to end users as of June 27th. So they're trying to say that there are only ~50k Wii U's on shelves worldwide...... nah.... That is just wrong.

What have we learnt today? Don't use chartz.

AmyS

joecanada

But according to Chartz there were 9.96m sold through to end users as of June 27th. So they're trying to say that there are only ~50k Wii U's on shelves worldwide...... nah.... That is just wrong.

today? Hell I think we learned that the day that website premiered and all through last gen at the very least.

MADGM

Banned
As a person who owns all 3 consoles I really want the PS4 to stop shifting so many units.

I really want to see Sony push hard on the game front, my PS4 has honestly been a dust magnet since release since I use my Xbox one as the main platform for multi titles

At least street fighter V beta forced me to turn my ps4 on and press any button to see a failed error menu screen lol

Splatoon is well deserved such a fun game :)

ZhugeEX

Banned
As a person who owns all 3 consoles I really want the PS4 to stop shifting so many units.

I really want to see Sony push hard on the game front, my PS4 has honestly been a dust magnet since release since I use my Xbox one as the main platform for multi titles

At least street fighter V beta forced me to turn my ps4 on and press any button to see a failed error menu screen lol

Nice try. 2/10

Its software numbers are likely even more laughable.

Tim Dog, is that you?

Chobel

LOL!!!

Booooooo this post stinks

On Demand

Banned

I say this alot, but if you can't find any PS4 game that interest you by now, the console isn't for you. Sell it. Don't blame Sony and hardware sales.

ILoveBish

#XB1M13

Lol what? What games have you been playing in 2015 on Xbox that ps4 can't? How is sony not pushing hard compared to others? Damn fell for the bait.

Misterxmedia again? He's relentless.

Stanng243

So if you have both, what reason do you use for getting the worse performing multiplatform titles?

Ombala

Save it for the NPD predictions thread m8

A common misconception thanks to Wikipedia

The actual total is 9.13 million.
I know how you're calculating this number, but I don't think it's solid to this precision. Sega's estimates of remaining channel stock were split by region. That seems to indicate the numbers didn't include unassembled components, or what Sony used to report as "production shipments" (i.e. stuff that had come off the line but not been sold-in).

Also, the apparent source for the 10.6m number is Gamepro, who ran a promo with Sega to give away the last machine off the line. It's not impossible they were given the number by Sega. Now, I wouldn't bet big on their accuracy--that 10.6m number seems super unlikely--but I'm nearly as skeptical of the "pure math" 9.13m option.

TomShoe

Banned
Someone doesn't know how to IP & MAC address spoof. This guy must have loads of alts though. Surprising considering how long it takes to get approved for just one account. I applied and it took me 6 months.

EGM1966

Wow thought thread was fairly moribund and instead it's going crazy riding from the dead.

I'll never get the speed with which some people throw themselves in front of the mods...

ZhugeEX

Banned
I know how you're calculating this number, but I don't think it's solid to this precision. Sega's estimates of remaining channel stock were split by region. That seems to indicate the numbers didn't include unassembled components, or what Sony used to report as "production shipments" (i.e. stuff that had come off the line but not been sold-in).

Also, the apparent source for the 10.6m number is Gamepro, who ran a promo with Sega to give away the last machine off the line. It's not impossible they were given the number by Sega. Now, I wouldn't bet big on their accuracy--that 10.6m number seems super unlikely--but I'm nearly as skeptical of the "pure math" 9.13m option.

The 9.13m number comes from CESA.

It adds up with Sega's reported numbers.

Dynomutt

I'm not happy that we're seeing more and more new users with similar posting styles In the NPD/sales threads.

I have noticed some patterned behavior. I typically refrain from posting because I have a hard time with the sales verbiage and number. Nonetheless I find these threads invaluable and informative.

Top Bottom