• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2016

ethomaz

Banned
U4 ~1.3m with bundles in May.

The wait for this game is really huge.

It will move more PS4 bundles than all consoles bundles released in April.

U4 ~1.3m with bundles in May.

The wait for this game is really huge.

It will move more PS4 bundles than all consoles bundles released in April.

Think this will be a really interesting reflection of software sales ,don't think bundles will be huge compared to COD for instance so should reflect more accurately.

What does it have to do with April's games?

Aprils games still sell in may? Or rather, Uncharted 4 isn't sitting comfortably alone by itself. it comes out close to the start of may. May 10th correct me if I'm mistaken.

What are you trying to say here?

The original poster I quoted said uncharteds first month of sales will beat Gears1R, Halo 5, Qunatum, and Forzas combined.

With 3 weeks and a bundle, UC4 will probably break 1m.

Depends on how much they push the bundle, or rather how much stock they ship out of the bundle.

If it's decent I can possibly see it breaking 1 million. 3 weeks of that would most definitely bring it over 1 million.

Sure, but was there something that's in the same genre? Tomb Raider already released I remember.

Genre has nothing to do with it for the general buyers just looking for the next big game. uncharted releases May 10th if I am correct, so it's not completely launching alone with nothing to stop it. People still going after recent releases may pickj those instead of uncharted.

but maybe my opinion may change if we list some other Mays to compare to? What were some of the biggest May NPDS?

Genre has nothing to do with it for the general buyers just looking for the next big game. uncharted releases May 10th if I am correct, so it's not completely launching alone with nothing to stop it. People still going after recent releases may pickj those instead of uncharted.

but maybe my opinion may change if we list some other Mays to compare to? What were some of the biggest May NPDS?

I can't think of a single game currently available that would stop the average consumer from picking up Uncharted 4. It's significantly more anticipated than anything that's released this year, I guess with the exception of The Division.

That being said, I agree with you that 2 million is a pretty big stretch, especially if we're not counting bundles or digital, which NPD doesn't track.

I can't think of a single game currently available that would stop the average consumer from picking up Uncharted 4. It's significantly more anticipated than anything that's released this year, I guess with the exception of The Division.

That being said, I agree with you that 2 million is a pretty big stretch, especially if we're not counting bundles or digital, which NPD doesn't track.

Do we have a listing of the biggest May NPDS? or the best selling software for past mays NPDS?

Also yes, I believe beating those 4 games above combined is a feat that Uncharted can't make. At least not outside the holidays.

Do we have a listing of the biggest May NPDS? or the best selling software for past mays NPDS?

Also yes, I believe beating those 4 games above combined is a feat that Uncharted can't make. At least not outside the holidays.

I'm sure we do but I wonder how clear a picture those numbers would give us.

What was the last game released in May as anticipated as Uncharted 4?

I'm sure we do but I wonder how much those numbers would really help.

My issue is that May is a slow month correct? So why, anticipation or not, are we expecting high sales for the month to exceed normal may numbers (or what I am assuming are normal may numbers for software that's why i was asking for comparisons to previous Mays.)

Also i think Uncharted will sell very well for the record, just don't know about 1 million in NPD in May, but I'll just leave it there until someone who has them brings some comparisons to previous Mays.

I'm sure we do but I wonder how much those numbers would really help.

Exactly.
My issue is that May is a slow month correct? So why, anticipation or not, are we expecting high sales for the month to exceed normal may numbers (or what I am assuming are normal may numbers for software that's why i was asking for comparisons to previous Mays.)
hen and egg

I have never played GTAV... I am waiting for it to drop in price (missed the PS easter sale).

Minecraft still there is amazing! How many months has that been in the top 10?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Perhaps because nothing as big as Uncharted has released in May traditionally for it to carry the moniker of 'slow month'. Sony does like to spread things out if they can, and have at least something every month, and even starting to trickle into the slow months as well. Tax Returns in the States were pushed to the 18th, that passed. People will be getting their refunds just before or around the time this comes out. Do not underestimate the stragglers of tax season.

Really a smart move by Sony when looked at from that view.

Sterok

How about Uncharted 4 vs all of Nintendo's games this year? So Paper Jam, Fire Emblem, Twilight Princess, Pokken, Hyrule Warriors, Mario & Sonic, Star Fox, and Bravely Second. Hm, 60 + 300 + 300 + 250 + 70 + 25 + whatever Star Fox and Bravely do (I'm gonna guess 80 for both). So around 1.2 million. With bundles I could see Uncharted beating that.

Perhaps because nothing as big as Uncharted has released in May traditionally for it to carry the moniker of 'slow month'. Sony does like to spread things out if they can, and have at least something every month, and even starting to trickle into the slow months as well. Tax Returns in the States were pushed to the 18th, that passed. People will be getting their refunds just before or around the time this comes out. Do not underestimate the stragglers of tax season.

1. I can't agree with Tax Season that's a select few that probably aren't gamers that actually fi;led with the extended deadline.

Otherwise, I do like Sony's move with spreading out their Ips. I'm hoping it will be the first good exclusive this year on consoles because so far eh...

Chobel

Aprils games still sell in may? Or rather, Uncharted 4 isn't sitting comfortably alone by itself. it comes out close to the start of may. May 10th correct me if I'm mistaken.

So? What does that have to do with Uncharted 4?

Also i think Uncharted will sell very well for the record, just don't know about 1 million in NPD in May, but I'll just leave it there until someone who has them brings some comparisons to previous Mays.

Watch_Dogs was released in May, and it sold shit ton of copies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I honestly wonder what effect the new 1.5 consoles will have on the sales of the old consoles

Mass market wise? Zero.. in online gaming minds...

Gary-Oldman-Yelling-Everyone-Leon-The-Professional.gif

Watch_Dogs was released in May, and it sold shit ton of copies.

This is the 2nd multiplat example by a bigger brand backed company i have seen. Why are we comparing uncharted 1st month of sales to RDR and Watch Dogs as if it can pull the same numbers?

We'll just have to wait until May I suppose. Maybe it'll do better than I am thinking (which is still great mind you)

Welfare

Plenty of big games have come out in May and it'll still be the slowest month of the year. Red Dead in 2010, LA Noire in 2011, and Watch Dogs in 2014.

Also in the US, so far, Uncharted isn't THAT big. Biggest launch was 3 at 700k in November.

Witness, FireWatch and Ratchet were fine

I don't play DD, my subjective opinion and a few others I've seen, is that there hasn't really been a "must have" exclusive or "grat" exclusive this whole year. Add in the fact I was more hyped for SFV and QB(remedy I likes) than most and that completely knocked me backwards well.

Not that SFV and QB were bad they were just ok. IMO.

Plenty of big games have come out in May and it'll still be the slowest month of the year. Red Dead in 2010, LA Noire in 2011, and Watch Dogs in 2014.

Also in the US, so far, Uncharted isn't THAT big. Biggest launch was 3 at 700k in November.

So just to ask your opinion, do you think Uncharted 4 will break 1 million in may NPD?

Edit: NVM saw your predictions above.

As i said I agree if they have enough of the bundles. it may be possible, especially if they reduce some of the other ones.

I don't play DD, my subjective opinion and a few others I've seen, is that there hasn't really been a "must have" exclusive or "grat" exclusive this whole year. Add in the fact I was more hyped for SFV and QB(remedy I likes) than most and that completely knocked me backwards well.

Not that SFV and QB were bad they were just ok. IMO.

Ratchet's got pretty much universal praise, so if that doesn't qualify as a must have, then I don't know what does. I know for me personally it went from not even being on the radar to being bought with my next paycheck.

E: Also if Welfare is predicting sub million, then the game is destined to do 2 million at retail.

Chobel

This is the 2nd multiplat example by a bigger brand backed company i have seen. Why are we comparing uncharted 1st month of sales to RDR and Watch Dogs as if it can pull the same numbers?

We'll just have to wait until May I suppose. Maybe it'll do better than I am thinking (which is still great mind you)

So it's about brands now and not months? Make up your mind dude.

If Uncharted can't do 1 million it will definitely have nothing to do with month as you're implying here.

Ratchet's got pretty much universal praise, so if that doesn't qualify as a must have, then I don't know what does. I know for me personally it went from not even being on the radar to being bought with my next paycheck.

E: Also if Welfare is predicting sub million, then the game is destined to do 2 million at retail.

Reviews have nothing to do with it, imo, R&C remake is not the big exclusive i have been waiting for.

Uncharted 4 doing 1 million would be a big jump for it month 1, I'd think that would be at the higher end of what's plausible. I also have no idea about game sales but whatever, if nothing else seeing Amazon boxes with uncharted 4 logos and buses here in London with drake plastered around them show Sony aren't holding back advertising wise.

It's getting a huge push, to be fair all ND games do and this is no different.

Elandyll

Banned
I'm going to go 900k retail, 100k Bundle, another 200k digital (which we will probably never know).

So ... 1m firt month physical? (retail + bundle)

Edit: revising down bundle to 100k from 200k due to pricing model and lack of (visible) hype on Amazon.

Top Bottom