• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2014 [Up3: All of Nintendo's 3DS million sellers]

kuX5omH.png

lol

PS2 Era domination confirmed.

M.D

happy black friday
to gaf and shameless chartz leechers

so much fucking better than "gee whiz, where are we going" equivalent 1.11/20% tr
not gta v, much to kotick's dismay .3/.42/3.0/3.4
boring-ass, no innovation, and absurdly popular for no reason across the world +65
boring-ass, no innovation, where people run into each other for fun +47
should have been on ps4 but isn't for no goddamn reason -79/1.4
nintendo was a dumbass for not signing any deals for it -12/.26

9aKmiZU.gif

Yes I'm happy DC sold 46k. I'm guessing many of those copies were returned as well. Evo/Sony deserved to have that game sell 0 copies.

And yet again this shite. DC was mostly sold digitally because of the PS+ digital discount and the bundle. I'm surprised people bought so many retail copies, I guess they were special editions.

DC was fifth on PSN digital sales last month. Even Rushy said it sold more than they expected.

Melchiah

Perhaps, but Group 2 is also so small as to be nearly meaningless, I suspect.

Also, I'm not even sure your basic assumption is a given. If you already have a PS4, I'd argue the Wii U is a far superior compliment to it than an XBone; Wii U is substantially cheaper than XBone, and for a PS4 owner it offers a far more diverse game selection than an XBone would. Why by a second box just to play the same games except with worse graphics? Get a Wii and play something different, at least.

And there's no additional online fee on top of PS+ on the Wii U.

Cole Slaw

Banned
One of the worse console warriors on the site. interesting how notably absent his input has been in the MCC and AC:Unity threads.

Glad to have put him on ignore a long time ago.

Ummm... why exactly should Jomjom have higher standards for Microsoft than he does for Sony? Sony needs this more, but their output doesn't reflect the severity of that need. Everything Sony has done up to this point is ride the coattails of the third parties.

Well, if Sony wants to ride the third parties that hard, they should just close a vast majority of their studios and use the consequent savings to bolster a temporary price drop; it seems that's the only way they'd be willing to afford it.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
happy black friday

so much fucking better than "gee whiz, where are we going" equivalent 1.11/20% tr
boring-ass, no innovation, and absurdly popular for no reason across the world +65
nintendo was a dumbass for not signing any exclusive deals for it -12/.26

I is confused as a motherfucker :(

Melchiah

Ummm... why exactly should Jomjom have higher standards for Microsoft than he does for Sony? Sony needs this more, but their output doesn't reflect the severity of that need. Everything Sony has done up to this point is ride the coattails of the third parties.

Well, if Sony wants to ride the third parties that hard, they should just close a vast majority of their studios and use the consequent savings to bolster a temporary price drop; it seems that's the only way they'd be willing to afford it.

Most of the XB1 exclusives have come from 3rd parties; Ryse, DR3, PVZ:GW, TF, SO.

And there's no additional online fee on top of PS+ on the Wii U.
/nod So we're all agreed then? Nintendo deserve a solid 2nd-place finish this gen?

lol WTF? Is this a serious post?

Wut?

happy black friday

This is how you should throw a bone! Nice.

QaaQer

EDIT:

The PS+ upgrade for DC cost 40€, and from what I've heard the online portion works well now, outside of challenges. I have no personal experience on the matter though, as I don't race online.

e.

Single player content worked 100% from day one. Online stuff works 95% now, except for challenges. Pretty good work for an AA sized team. Most of the hate BTW, comes from people who haven't played the game and just like bitching. The same goes for ACU.

Melchiah

Single player content worked 100% from day one. Online stuff works 95% now, except for challenges. Pretty good work for an AA sized team. Most of the hate BTW, comes from people who haven't played the game and just like bitching. The same goes for ACU.

That's the impression I've got as well.

Serenity

happy black friday

2. COD:AW
3. Fifa
4. Madden
5. borderlands
6. minecraft or skylanders leaning skylanders

I had COD, FIFA and Madden, yay!
I think #1 is Destiny.
but am probably 100% wrong

Lol nice. I have no clue about number 1 first I thought FH2. Wonder if she will let us know plus I have no idea how to interpret the numbers.

M.D

Wait, is this list for November NPD? What could have possibly beaten COD:AW this month? And a Borderlands which is not BL3 coming in fifth place for the month?

Dynedom

happy black friday

Goldmund and Canis raging right now

Elandyll

Banned
happy black friday

Here+you+may+need+this+on+your+future+endeavors+_39cea081e0430684e07e470170d44d0b.gif

Thanks Aqua :)

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
2. COD:AW
3. Fifa
4. Madden
5. borderlands
6. minecraft or skylanders leaning skylanders

Lol nice. I have no clue about number 1 first I thought FH2. Wonder if she will let us know plus I have no idea how to interpret the numbers.

Edit: Correction due to being dumb about months

I had

2 Destiny - PS3/360/XB1/PS4 Ltd maybe
3 Fifa
4 Madden
5 So
6 Just Dance

Skylanders seems like a better shout for 6 though

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
I thought so too, but it makes no sense. Destiny sold roughly 1 million on PS4 and XB1 last month so it's no way it sold >460k this month and 3 million LTD on either platform.

Yeah that was just a wild guess. Maybe it is Ghosts ltd?

Nah nvm. Last gen is far too low. Ytd possibly?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
happy black friday

Forget the game title riddles ... I'm not even sure what the numbers are supposed to mean. Maybe this?

so much fucking better than "gee whiz, where are we going" equivalent — 1.11 million sold in October / 20% of ... total LTD?
not gta v, much to kotick's dismay — 300,000 sold on one platform / 420,000 sold on another platform / 3 million sold on a third platform / 3.4 million sold on a fourth platform
boring-ass, no innovation, and absurdly popular for no reason across the world — 65,000 more sold versus last year's iteration?
boring-ass, no innovation, where people run into each other for fun — 47,000 more sold versus last year's iteration?
should have been on ps4 but isn't for no goddamn reason — 79,000 sold in October / 1.4 million LTD
nintendo was a dumbass for not signing any exclusive deals for it — 12,000 sold in October / 260,000 LTD

Any guidance, Aqua?

Ty4on

Nah nvm. Last gen is far too low. Ytd possibly?

If you're talking Destiny it would still require 2 million sold this month :p

Adding them up (1 is console x, 2 is x+y, 3 is z+y+z etc...) and using / for division also doesn't make sense unless console 3 sold way better than anything else or total sales where horrid.

+65 means one thing (same thing as +47 or -79 or -12)
1.11 means another thing (same thing as 0.3 or 0.42 or 0.26)
3.0 means another thing (same thing as 3.4)
1.4 means another thing
20% tr means another thing

i'm not the goddess of sales numbers so i don't have access to anything that's not reported through npd or gfk or famitsu.

look at what i've historically liked to post about at the *end* of npd sales threads. if you remember, you can see what kind of thing the numbers are describing and work it out from there.

Aqua... you're having too much fun with this aren't you.

hehe

happy black friday

My attempt:

so much fucking better than "gee whiz, where are we going" equivalent 1.11/20% tr - NBA 2K15: sold 1.1m, 20% of total revenue

not gta v, much to kotick's dismay .3/.42/3.0/3.4 - Destiny: sold 300k without bundles, 420k with bundles. LTD 3m without bundles, 3.4m with bundles.

boring-ass, no innovation, and absurdly popular for no reason across the world +65 - FIFA 15: sold 65k more than last year iteration.

boring-ass, no innovation, where people run into each other for fun +47 - Madden NFL 15: sold 47k more than last year iteration.

should have been on ps4 but isn't for no goddamn reason -79/1.4 - This is Titanfall isn't? I don't know why the first number is negative but ltd 1.4m

nintendo was a dumbass for not signing any exclusive deals for it — Skylanders Trap Team: sold 12k more than last year iteration, 260k ltd.

+65 means one thing (same thing as +47 or -79 or -12)
1.11 means another thing (same thing as 0.3 or 0.42 or 0.26)
3.0 means another thing (same thing as 3.4)
1.4 means another thing
20% tr means another thing

i'm not the goddess of sales numbers so i don't have access to anything that's not reported through npd or gfk or famitsu.

look at what i've historically liked to post about at the *end* of npd sales threads. if you remember, you can see what kind of thing the numbers are describing and work it out from there.

hehe

wait a minute ... i got this!

144a161.gif

no ... it's gone :(

My attempt:

so much fucking better than "gee whiz, where are we going" equivalent 1.11/20% tr - NBA 2K15: sold 1.1m, 20% of total revenue

not gta v, much to kotick's dismay .3/.42/3.0/3.4 - Destiny: sold 300k without bundles, 420k with bundles. LTD 3m without bundles, 3.4m with bundles.
These sound right to me.

So, if we're assuming the Destiny bundle sold 120k in October, I'd be interested in the actual PS4 and XB3 numbers for the month. Can someone hook me up with a PM? <3

boring-ass, no innovation, and absurdly popular for no reason across the world +65 - FIFA 15: sold 65k more than last year iteration.

boring-ass, no innovation, where people run into each other for fun +47 - Madden NFL 15: sold 47k more than last year iteration.

should have been on ps4 but isn't for no goddamn reason -79/1.4 - This is Titanfall isn't? I don't know why the first number is negative but ltd 1.4m
The -79 number is in the same category as +65 and +47, so maybe they're percentages?

I don't think Titanfall was particularly relevant in October though…

Paganmoon

if +65 and +47 is "thousands more than last years" -79 could be less than last years, but then it couldn't be Titanfall.

And if it's percentage, what two games could've gone up 65% and 47% from last month? does that ever happen for newer games?

if +65 and +47 is "thousands more than last years" -79 could be less than last years, but then it couldn't be Titanfall.

And if it's percentage, what two games could've gone up 65% and 47% from last month? does that ever happen for newer games?

no, but it does happen for games that launched on ps3 + 360 last year, and launched on ps4 + xb1 + ps3 + 360 this year.

Paganmoon

no, but it does happen for games that launched on ps3 + 360 last year, and launched on ps4 + xb1 + ps3 + 360 this year.

Hah! I got Aqua to give out more info. My plan worked!*

*Not really my plan.

So if it is percentages, what remasters launched in October? Sleeping dogs and what?

I might be way of the mark here....

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
If you're talking Destiny it would still require 2 million sold this month :p

Adding them up (1 is console x, 2 is x+y, 3 is z+y+z etc...) and using / for division also doesn't make sense unless console 3 sold way better than anything else or total sales where horrid.

I meant Ghosts Ytd but I was just thinking out loud really.

Normally I'm quite good at cryptic shit but I'm totally all over the place with this

le-seb

So if it is percentages, what remasters launched in October? Sleeping dogs and what?
These aren't necessarily remasters.
I think franchises with yearly releases would also fit her description.

What about AC:Unity?
Nevermind, Black Flags came out on new gen.

le-seb

I have a feeling this is Sunset Overdrive.
Insomniac were developing for PS before, hence the remark, and 1.4 million units worldwide could be realistic, huh?

Nope again, the relative negative number wouldn't make any sense then.

What about WWE 2K15?

Top Bottom