• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nubia Redmagic 8pro gaming phone launches Dec 26th, first with Snapdragon8 Gen2. New Logo trailer, OLED 2480x1116 res, 16GB RAM, 47 hour battery life.

Logo reveal trailer,

https://sparrowsnews.com/2022/12/20/redmagic-8-pro-series-launch-scheduled/
This morning, the RedMagic gaming phone brand officially announced that it will hold a launch conference at 15:00 on December 26 to launch the RedMagic 8 Pro Series gaming phones. It is worth noting that this will also be the first gaming phone in the industry to carry Snapdragon 8 Gen2 platfo

The design of the RedMagic 8 Pro Series is a new presentation of RedMagic’s aesthetic concept, which is a departure from the world’s sleek, rigid and straight, individual but not alternative. The design is powerful, futuristic, and orderly, interpreting RedMagic’s understanding of gaming, while perfectly taking into account daily life scenarios, which is probably the most popular gamer’s dream machine.

Battery and Power Consumption​

High performance = high power consumption, and high power consumption = short battery life, so high performance = short battery life, which is an industry problem. The high performance of gaming phones is not compromised, So, RedMagic has been studying how to combine performance and battery life.

This industry conundrum has finally been solved in the RedMagic 8 Pro Series. A battery with the industry’s largest capacity, a fast charging solution with a golden balance of safety and speed, and an exclusive and innovative performance scheduling master – CUBE Energy, the three axes of battery life evolution, the RedMagic 8 Pro Series can last up to 47 hours.

With a built-in battery rated at 4900mAh/5720mAh and two fast charging specifications of 80W and 165W. The body is 163.98 × 76.35 × 8.9mm, weighing 228g, with a triple rear camera solution, 50MP main camera + 8MP + 2MP lens.

https://www.gizmochina.com/2022/12/...ill be powered by the,RAM and UFS 4.0 storage.
As per the TENAA listing, the Red Magic 8 Pro will arrive with a 6.8-inch OLED display with a resolution of 2480 x 1116 pixels. The images of the phone available on TENAA reveal that its screen does not have a punch-hole, which indicates it will offer a full-screen experience.

The Red Magic 8 Pro will be powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 mobile platform. It will come with 8 GB / 12 GB / 16 GB of RAM and 256 GB / 512 GB / 1 TB of storage. To provide a superior gaming experience, the gaming phone is likely to include LPDDR5x RAM and UFS 4.0 storage.

TENAA mentions that it has an 8-megapixel under-display camera for selfies. On the back, it will feature a 50-megapixel primary camera, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide lens, and a 2-megapixel macro / depth sensor.

The Red Magic 8 Pro will come in 5,000mAh and 6,000mAh battery variants. According to the device’s 3C listing, it will support up to 165W fast charging. It will most likely come preloaded with the Android 13 OS with the Red Magic UI on top. The device measures 163.98 x 76.35 x 8.9mm and weighs approximately 228 grams.
007kVUJhgy1h9a8i3gosbj30u0140wy0-e1671524599875-700x394.jpg

Snapdragon-8-Gen-2-6000-mAh-165-W-under-screen-camera.jpg

red-magic-8-pro_20122022144905.jpg

gsmarena_001.jpg

They are going all out on the hardware and marketing hype for this phone, to play PUBG and Candy Crush.

No prices will be revealed until the launch stream on Dec 26th, but based on the trend of gaming phones so far I believe we are looking at another gaming phone costing more than $1000. The design is visually unique however I will give them that.

Under the screen selfie cam gives you more room for viewing, so that's a plus. Not sure if you would "need" 16GB of RAM though. That feels like Laptop level to me Supposedly they will have games to show at the launch stream that will showcase what the phone can produce, so we'll have to see what they come up with.

Again, the phone looks stylish. They definitely put a lot of money and effort in the design of the phone itself. I am questioning the claim of 47 hour battery life though, I'm sure that's probably with minimal use.

A stream showcasing the phones power compared to a handheld from Nintendo will be next week on Tuesday. I'm assuming though it's just going to be streaming because I don't think many (or any?) playstore games can compete with Switch games graphically. Assuming they don't delay the stream again.

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member
Wow, so G4M3R.

They don't even have decency to add some much needed features like a second USB C port like ASUS do.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Really cool phones there just is not enough good android games enough to justify buying one. If I don't play fortnite, cod, or pub G there is no reason.

Reallink

I wonder how many units this kind of stuff sells, probably only a few thousand. Apple and Samsung sell 10's of millions of $1000+ phones every year by giving people $800 discounts for prior model trade-ins, or giving them away through carriers.

Last edited:

Banned
it has shoulder buttons, so it's ahead of many phones that market themselves as "gaming phones", including Sony's recent one

Top Bottom