• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Numerous Xbox 360 marketplace games and DLC soon delisted, 'Xbox 360 sunset' starting?

spons

Gold Member
A number of game titles and associated add-ons will be removed from the Xbox 360 Marketplace in a select set of regions per title. These removals will start on February 7, 2023.
Numerous games and DLC are being removed from the old 360 marketplace for all supported regions.
The URL that links to this from e-mails that were send out to people seems to contain the phrase ''Xbox 360 Sunset", which is a term used to indicate that a system is going to be phased out.

Note that the 360 Marketplace is different from the storefronts of the Xbox One and Xbox Series devices. In particular, it's this website:

You will still be able to re-download previously purchased games on your 360.

Kilau

Gold Member
I got them digitally? They literally gave Lost Odyssey digitally for free around E3 one year.
Indeed

Kilau

Gold Member
Yea, but I was hoping for some cheap ass way to convert my disks to digital. I got dozens of disks rebuying digital is gonna be 'spensive.
Doubt we will ever get a program like that, best to keep an eye on sales. Blue Dragon is on sale a lot it seems.

Quasicat

I know there are a couple of games that are backwards compatible, but only available on the old 360 website. A few months ago I bought Sonic 3 and Jet Set Radio and I imagine they are still there. We should try to get a list together of what you can buy that’s backwards compatible before it’s gone.

I already had lost odyssey digital. I just made sure to grab blue dragon digital also to protect myself even though I still got my discs lol. Only games on that list I care to not lose.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FYI any of those games that are BC will still be there on the main Xbox marketplace.

This is delisting them from the very old Xbox 360 marketplace.

I bought Daytona via xbox website and then downloaded onto my series x a few weeks ago. Could not buy via the console store. What a stunning game :)

Last edited:

SomeGit

I don't like this, gonna have to check what I don't own or can't be purchased on the new store.

So if we buy Orange Box online on this link, Will it show up in the Series X Ready to install??

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Orange-Box/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541080f?amp;purchase=1

Yes, it shows up same if you buy on a 360. The other way around also works, buying on the new store will make it available on 360, but this may change after this date.

Last edited:

RedC

JY95Ef7.png

fatmarco

So if we buy Orange Box online on this link, Will it show up in the Series X Ready to install??

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/The-Orange-Box/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541080f?amp;purchase=1
Yea I did this the other day and it appeared fine. Plays great at 4k.

If it doesn't appear, search it in the store and it will be ready to install. There's a few digital games that aren't on the xbox one store but are on the 360 store that are backwards compatible. The following games are the ones you should target if you want digital copies.

From Reddit:

List of games that will be removed from the xbox 360 marketplace and aren`t available to digitally purchase as backwards compatible games, as native versions or as remasters on xbox one and xbox series x/s:

• Blood of the Werewolf
  • Counter-Strike: GO
  • DAYTONA USA
  • Defense Grid
  • Final Fight: DblImpact (Available in Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle)
  • Iron Brigade
  • Jeremy McGrath's Offroad
  • Jet Set Radio
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Prince of Persia (2008)
  • R.U.S.E.
  • Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
  • Skate 2
  • Spelunky
  • The Orange Box

Last edited:

SomeGit

If it doesn't appear, search it in the store and it will be ready to install. There's a few digital games that aren't on the xbox one store but are on the 360 store that are backwards compatible. The following games are the ones you should target if you want digital copies.

From Reddit:

List of games that will be removed from the xbox 360 marketplace and aren`t available to digitally purchase as backwards compatible games, as native versions or as remasters on xbox one and xbox series x/s:

Worth mentioning that DLC is also being removed, I'm not sure every DLC is available on the new store for the other titles.

ZoukGalaxy

THIS IS ONLY FOR THE XBOX 360 STORE.

The games have been moved over to the new store long ago.
Can you clarify ?

You mean we will still be able to buy ALL old content not available anymore from X360 store on the new store to be able to play them on a X360 original hardware ?

By the way, X360 is one my all time favorite console.

Anyway, digital sucks like nothing. You have no more control on anything, one day people will look back and say "wow, back in time, we could buy an used game and own it forever"

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member

From Reddit:

• Blood of the Werewolf
  • Counter-Strike: GO
  • DAYTONA USA
  • Defense Grid
  • Final Fight: DblImpact (Available in Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle)
  • Iron Brigade
  • Jeremy McGrath's Offroad
  • Jet Set Radio
  • Left 4 Dead
  • Left 4 Dead 2
  • Mutant Blobs Attack
  • R.U.S.E.
  • Skate 2
  • Spelunky
  • The Orange Box
I think from that list of what I don't have on xbox I'll grab:
  • DAYTONA USA
  • Jet Set Radio
  • The Orange Box

ReBurn

Gold Member
Daytona USA, Left 4 Dead 1&2 and The Orange Box don't seem to be available on my Series X.
Even though it's backward compatible The Orange Box has never been available on the current version of the store. I bought it digitally last year and I had to get it from the old marketplace. And that kind of sucks because the old marketplace is ass on mobile browsers.

ZoukGalaxy

How are you accessing the modern store on a 360?
I assume that mean it's not possible.
So it deeply sucks my ass. That's why I asked clarification.

Was thinking that maybe but it could be bought on modern store from a browser or app and that will make it available in your download list from xbox 360.
Think About It GIF by Identity

I barely used my Xbox One/S and doesn't own an XSX yet, so the asking.

Last edited:

RickMasters

Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey 😓

Also Daytona USA.
Glad I have all three installed to one of my external hard drives. Waited since the saturn days to get that port and when they released it on X360 back in the day I decided then and there that I was NEVER gonna delete it off my hard drives. same with VF2 and all my other sega, treasure and square games.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
It still haunts me that I never got overlord 1 digitally as its very hard to get a copy in my country.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Can you clarify ?

You mean we will still be able to buy ALL old content not available anymore from X360 store on the new store to be able to play them on a X360 original hardware ?

By the way, X360 is one my all time favorite console.

Anyway, digital sucks like nothing. You have no more control on anything, one day people will look back and say "wow, back in time, we could buy an used game and own it forever"

I go back to, if you really, really need these games and you cant buy them or download them anymore:

- a lot of the best games have remasters
- pc emulation (or shield tv, or rasbery pie, etc) for a better than original experience.......all the games, every single one.
- a lot of times the old hardware breaks down anyhow. Optical disks eventually degrade too. Roms will always be available.

Last edited:

fatmarco

Down the road they will remove the ability to re download it.
This has actually already happened with some games.

I have a digital copy of the original Xbox version of Halo: Combat Evolved on my 360 which, to me, is incredibly valuable as it's the only truly legitimate version of the game, and after they removed a bunch of the 360 Halo titles from the digital storefront front a couple years ago, they also removed the ability to re-download this game full stop.

Fortunately its still on my hard drive, but its utterly insane that if, for whatever reason, that hard drive gets damaged or the game deleted, I can't re download it ever again.

I'd suggest if anyone wants those non backwards compatible xbox original titles that are also digitally available on the 360 marketplace, that they get them sooner rather than later. That includes the likes of Metal Arms Glitch in the System, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, Fable (the original xbox version), Burnout 3: Takedown, Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows, The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning and a few others.

https://xbox.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Originals_on_Xbox_Marketplace

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

I go back to, if you really, really need these games and you cant buy them or download them anymore:

- a lot of the best games have remasters
- pc emulation (or shield tv, or rasbery pie, etc) for a better than original experience.......all the games, every single one.
- a lot of times the old hardware breaks down anyhow. Optical disks eventually degrade too. Roms will always be available.
Indeed, thanks for the suggestions.

Well, I guess I will have to find an hacked X360 with ODE emulation to have the peace of mind or eventually wait that Xenia reach *perfection*, didn't checked the state of the emulator since a while ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is it what you meant by pc emulation ?

Hack for preservation is really a blessing, I love so much my Xbox 360.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots

Well, I guess I will have to find an hacked X360 with ODE emulation to have the peace of mind or eventually wait that Xenia reach *perfection*, didn't checked the state of the emulator since a while ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Xenia for now, pc only really, but let's say in a few years a toaster will likely run it too.......

RaZoR No1

Why bother using a ODE?
Just RGH the console and you are good to go. RGH 3.0 doesnt even need a modchip anymore.

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Why bother using a ODE?
Just RGH the console and you are good to go. RGH 3.0 doesnt even need a modchip anymore.
RGH was only accessible to some console back in time, to specific motherboards revision, I don't know if it's better nowadays. Didn't checked the hack scene since a loooong time. By example, I remember that the ultimate Xbox 360 lifting, with its last motherboad revision were totally incompatible back in time to RGH and even ODE. Also ODE has the advantage to play directly ISO, maybe RGH is able to do also now ?

I guess I will have to investigate, again. Unless you do know the state and compatibility to this RGH 3.0 ?
Will Google it later anyways

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

RGH was only accessible to some console back in time, to specific motherboards revision, I don't know if it's better nowadays. Didn't checked the hack scene since a loooong time. By example, I remember that the ultimate Xbox 360 lifting, with its last motherboad revision were totally incompatible back in time to RGH and even ODE.

I guess I will have to investigate, again. Unless you do know the state and compatibility to this RGH 3.0 ?
Will Google it later anyways
Two weeks ago I managed to mod 2 Phat 360s using the RGH 3.0 method (as a newbie in hardware modding)
You can check Modded Warfares RGH 3.0 Video, which I used as a guide.
Pretty good step by step tutorial incl. the files you need.
And the availablity is much much better.

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Two weeks ago I managed to mod 2 Phat 360s using the RGH 3.0 method (as a newbie in hardware modding)
You can check Modded Warfares RGH 3.0 Video, which I used as a guide.
Pretty good step by step tutorial incl. the files you need.
And the availablity is much much better.
Will do, thanks for the hint, I have 2 Xbox 360 but slim with different motherboards (I have an Halo 4 edition one and a black classic slim one).

qCgfvLY.jpg
7krZh1y.jpg

Found a video from another channel that may apply for my case but require some soldering. Have an electronic background but didn't sold anything since a while. Dashboard on some videos from MW channel looks gorgeous 😻

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I'm still holding out hope for a disk to digital thing. Guess these two are going to be stuck on disk forever.
what a confusing post.

if you have them on disk, pop it in the xbox, it will download the digital "thing"

its been like this since forever. I am not sure whats going on here..

Top Bottom