• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA’s DLSS 2.0 Is Confirmed for Control and Mechwarrior 5. Over 2x Performance Jump At 4K Max Settings.

Why do some people eat up all the PR of AMD and consoles, with no proven data or videos, but shit on Nvidia that actually provides evidence? I mean, we only seen evidence of raytracing for the last 2 years with Nvidia... And it's only getting much better.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Shadow of the Tomb Raider uses DLSS on the PC and with it on I can run it with all settings maxxed including the highest level of raytracing at 60fps on a 2070.

CuNi

I swear, if future games will be so heavily butchered by RTX that you need DLSS to even reach 60 FPS, I'm going to weld together the raster parts of the silicon and throw away that RTX stuff without a second of a doubt.

sendit

I swear, if future games will be so heavily butchered by RTX that you need DLSS to even reach 60 FPS, I'm going to weld together the raster parts of the silicon and throw away that RTX stuff without a second of a doubt.

To put this in perspective. DLSS is working smarter not harder. Expect more graphical tech to use machine learning. Brute forcing performance can only get you so far.

CuNi

To put this in perspective. DLSS is working smarter not harder. Expect more graphical tech to use machine learning. Brute forcing performance can only get you so far.

I just think that while they work well in controlled settings, like Racing Games etc, in highly volatile games like competitive shooters etc. I honestly don't know how much you can squeeze out machine learning.

Leonidas

Control PC Patch (1.08) is Out.

NEW ADDITIONS
• Improved the readability of the map
• Added button toggle options for Launch and Aim
• Revised the ability tree
• Added the option to redistribute previously spent Ability Points. From now on, players can spend Essence at Control Points to get their spent Ability Points back and assign them to different ability upgrades
• Added the Shield Rush ability upgrade to the Shield ability
• Added the functionality to zoom in on collectable documents for improved readability
• DLSS 2.0 support (PC)

Tried it out, works well. Good to see improvements over the previous implementation which was already pretty good in Control.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
XSX:
49 TOPS 8bit
97 TOPS 4bit

2080TI:
227 TOPS 8bit
455 TOPS 4bit

int43.png

to be fair though
XSX $500 to 600
PC with 2080ti, 9900K, 32Gb, NVME around $2,000

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

DaGwaphics

XSX:
49 TOPS 8bit
97 TOPS 4bit

2080TI:
227 TOPS 8bit
455 TOPS 4bit

The question becomes what percentage of the Tensor cores are being used for DLSS and what percentage is still in use for RT in the DLSS 2.0 implementation. If MS/Sony can make a solution work that utilizes only a 1/4 of the max compute, you could still have enough power left to render at 1080p internally with an insane amount of effects.

Top Bottom