• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA is lowering GeForce RTX 4090/4080 pricing in Europe by 5%

Hardensoul

So I missed out on the 3080 launch. Then I realized my 2070 is still ok. Now with the economy not looking good as it was over a year ago, I think I'm ok waiting for further price drop.

Hawk269

Getting better. I'm starting to lose my patience though and might get a 4080 anyway since they are widely available. I need the performance, getting sick of this 2070 super spluttering at 4k.
You know what..I have been thinking about it. My new rig's final parts arrive tomorrow and all I need is a GPU. Been looking for a 4090 now for 3 weeks in a row...been off due to an injury so had plenty of time to look for one. I have now in stock and another program that alerts me and so far nothing. There was some stock on newegg today but of course by the time i looked they were gone....but there were 3-4 different 4080's available. The hard part for me is that for a few hundred more I get a lot more performance with a 4090. Wish there would be a nice big drop of 4090's.

Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member
You know what..I have been thinking about it. My new rig's final parts arrive tomorrow and all I need is a GPU. Been looking for a 4090 now for 3 weeks in a row...been off due to an injury so had plenty of time to look for one. I have now in stock and another program that alerts me and so far nothing. There was some stock on newegg today but of course by the time i looked they were gone....but there were 3-4 different 4080's available. The hard part for me is that for a few hundred more I get a lot more performance with a 4090. Wish there would be a nice big drop of 4090's.

There were a number of factors that pushed me towards just grabbing the 4080:
  • I currently have a 750w PSU, would need to upgrade it if I got a 4090
  • The 4080 I managed to get (and it was the only one I wanted) is smaller than all of the 4090's with the exception of the liquid cooled ones and fits my current case - no case upgrade required
  • The price delta between the cheaper 4080s and the cheapest 4090s where I live is ~$500
  • On the AMD side there will be no AIB cards for their new models this year apparently, and for my use case it won't end well since they have not added support for the codecs the quest 2 needs.
  • The only 4090 I would have got if it were available is the msi liquid suprim because that would have only required a power supply upgrade in addition, not also a case upgrade. That card has been impossible to find in stock at a reasonable price. I've seen it for upwards of $2500.
So that left me with either getting a 3080/ti or what I've ended up going for. Considering the cheapest new 3080 in my country is still over $800 and $900 for the ti variant it would be foolish to spend that much on a last gen card having waited for so long. I've had the money set aside for what feels like forever now and the Witcher 3 next gen launches soon so it will immediately be put to good use.

For me, from the card I'm coming from and for what I'll be using it for it makes sense, but I can understand why most other people are critical of the current prices, especially if they are currently sitting on a higher end 3xxx series card.

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
Sorry but I simply don't care what the going price was for the 3080 as it compares to current pricing

And in no way do I consider it as being stupid or getting fucked if its something I want I buy it pretty simple.

If its more money than you want to spend its cool, I get it.
"I want it so I buy it regardless how overpriced an item is".. because your buying habits today tooooooootally have no consequences for the pricing of future hardware generations......
Someone has slept in school when the basics of capitalism were explained.
And when you simply accept margins doubling or tripling in a single generation, you are getting fucked, no matter how you see it subjectively.

Last edited:

Barakov

xXksgWn.gif

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
"I want it so I buy it regardless how overpriced an item is"...as if that would not have consequences in future iterations.
that is easily the most retarded and masochistic stance a consumer can have and really makes me question if you even understand the most simple basics of capitalism....
I stupidly overpaid for my beach front home in Jupiter FL to the tune of around 12 million

I stupidly overpaid for a first-generation Ford Bronco, Mach E and Lighting just to have them

I stupidly overpaid for Monday Night Football tickets this past week to have access to a private tour of Lucas Oil, get to meet Coach Saturday, be on the field during pregame and all the food and drink we wanted in a super suite

You think I am going to take a stand over $2000 for a GPU I might want?

If anyone knows how Capitalism works it's me, I simply can afford the lifestyle I want and sorry if $2000 is where you draw the line on what is too much to spend

I have worked hard to be where I am in life and I am going to enjoy my life as I see fit

Sorry but you know how much I care if you will or can spend the same amount of money of things that I can?

Tommy Lee Jones I Dont Care GIF

GHG

Gold Member
"I want it so I buy it regardless how overpriced an item is".. because your buying habits today tooooooootally have no consequences for the pricing of future hardware generations......
Someone has slept in school when the basics of capitalism were explained.
And when you simply accept margins doubling or tripling in a single generation, you are getting fucked, no matter how you see it subjectively.

Overpaid for a car at the start of the year. Have loved every single one of my 10,000 km driving the tits off it so far. Going to the drag strip in a couple of weeks and hope to run sub 11.5s or close enough, back seats and the spare are being taken out if necessary.

Will do it again.

If the pandemic taught me anything it's do what you want when the fuck you want to do it as long as you have the means to. Life's too short to be miserable just because of "principles".

Last edited:

dave_d

If anyone knows how Capitalism works it's me, I simply can afford the lifestyle I want and sorry if $2000 is where you draw the line on what is too much to spend

Pretty much Econ 101 and 102. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (IE Value is what the buyer and seller say it is. If it's worth it to you it's worth it to you.) I'm guessing you've taken econ.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Pretty much Econ 101 and 102. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (IE Value is what the buyer and seller say it is. If it's worth it to you it's worth it to you.) I'm guessing you've taken econ.
Supply and demand sets these prices.

If no one buys these 4080s prices will eventually fall but you saw the lines for the 4090s, demand was crazy even at that price

Haggard

Banned
I stupidly overpaid for my beach front home in Jupiter FL to the tune of around 12 million

I stupidly overpaid for a first-generation Ford Bronco, Mach E and Lighting just to have them

I stupidly overpaid for Monday Night Football tickets this past week to have access to a private tour of Lucas Oil, get to meet Coach Saturday, be on the field during pregame and all the food and drink we wanted in a super suite

I have worked hard to be where I am in life and I am going to enjoy my life as I see fit

Sorry but you know how much I care if you will or can spend the same amount of money of things that I can?

You're a prime example why we need guillotines for the 1% again. That "I don't have to care" mentality is literally responsible for 99% of all issues we have as a civilization today....
Well, buying inflated GPUs is better than wasting Kerosin with a private jet at least

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
For the first time ever I feel like I've lost interest in pc gaming in general.

With retarded hardware prices, bad ports and stuttering issues? Bleh

Wake me up when I can get a 4080 for 800 bucks or less.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

You're a prime example why we need guillotines for the 1% again. That "I don't have to care" mentality is literally responsible for 99% of all issues we have as a civilization today....

Not that the member needs my back up but what gives you the right to question how someone spends their money.

We don't know how hard he's worked, what he's been through in life. Let the man buy what the fook he wants.

Do you question everything you buy to that extent? What happens if you see it and want it and are happy to pay the asking price?

Just leave people to their choices?

I complained a lot about game prices but I don't insult anyone who wants to pay 70 dollars for the last of us remake. I just say I wouldn't pay that amount.

So, if you wouldn't pay the asking price of a 4080 dont do it. Wait until its a price you will pay.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Could've just said you don't give a fuck about anything but yourself including everyone's future....

What because the pricing of graphics cards and other frivolous items have an effect everyone's futures in a meaningful way?

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

Cry me a river.

Haggard

Banned
Not that the member needs my back up but what gives you the right to question how someone spends their money.

We don't know how hard he's worked, what he's been through in life. Let the man buy what the fook he wants.
The gpu is a minor thing but the general mentality is utterly retarded and detrimental to everyone.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Well, buying inflated GPUs is better than wasting Kerosin with a private jet at least
Sorry if calling for my execution seems a little extreme to me because my wife and I have built some wealth and spend our money

Especially after we have donated well over a million dollars to humane societies and even more to communities rebuilding athletic fields for kids to use again over the last 22 years

Sorry you feel the way you do

PS - Have never flown on a private jet

Haggard

Banned
What because the pricing of graphics cards and other frivolous items have an effect everyone's futures in a meaningful way?

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

Cry me a river.
You were the one generalising your "hurr durr l do whatever the fuck I want" bullshit and now you're back to GPUs.
Goalpost moving much?

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Don't have to. You don't even read your own bullshit it seems.

Coming from the man who has felt the need to delete his posts in this exchange? Look, it's not my fault you're so irate that it's impairing your ability to correctly register what's being said.

Maybe next time don't get so upset about how other people decide to spend money on their hobbies.

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
Coming from the man who has felt the need to delete his posts in this exchange? Look, it's not my fault you're so irate that it's impairing your ability to correctly register what's being said.

Maybe next time don't get so upset about how other people decide to spend money on their hobbies.
Next time don't generalize your utterly crappy mentality beyond the context of the topic and then pretend it didn't happen. Considering the bullshit you pretend you never said is on the same page as this....
Yeah, go kick a rock.

Last edited:
  • LOL

GHG

Gold Member

May this be a warning to anyone else considering purchasing a 4080 or similar, you must repent your sins.

Next time don't generalize your utterly crappy mentality beyond the context of the topic and then pretend it didn't happen. Considering the bullshit you pretend you never said is on the same page as this....
Yeah, go kick a rock.

Ah yes, purchasing the things that I want in order to further enjoy my hobbies. So crappy.

Don't worry, I'm now in the midst of hiring a private jet just to burn some kerosin on your behalf.

Haggard

Banned
May this be a warning to anyone else considering purchasing a 4080 or similar, you must repent your sins.

Ah yes, purchasing the things that I want in order to further enjoy my hobbies. So crappy.

Don't worry, I'm now in the midst of hiring a private jet just to burn some kerosin on your behalf.
It's almost as if you're too stupid to understand that things you post can be read by others.

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
Hey if you want to take what I've said here out of context then it's your problem, not mine. It's pretty clear what we've been talking about here.

I wish you luck on whatever noble quest you think you're on. Try not to be too bitter.
You write stuff out of context and generalize then get offended that people take you up on your generalization instead of reading your mind....
Doesn't get more nonsensical than that

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

• On the AMD side there will be no AIB cards for their new models this year apparently, and for my use case it won't end well since they have not added support for the codecs the quest 2 needs.
On a slightly less guillotine-y note, which codecs do you need for quest 2 that aren't supported on the RX 7000 series? Not trying to change your mind I just like knowing some of these edge cases.

GHG

Gold Member
You write stuff out of context and generalize then get offended that people take you up on your generalization instead of reading your mind....
Doesn't get more nonsensical than that

Having to resort to reaction spamming my posts now are we?

k7q2m5K.jpg

loco-crazy.gif

On a slightly less guillotine-y note, which codecs do you need for quest 2 that aren't supported on the RX 7000 series? Not trying to change your mind I just like knowing some of these edge cases.

The situation is explained in detail here and here.

And according to the latest posts on the official Nvidia forums their latest drivers seem to have somehow made the situation even worse.

For their new cards they have put an emphasis on AV1 but that changes nothing for link with the quest 2 since it's not a supported codec on the device.

If there is a miraculous fix/change that gets revealed next week then I'll be more than pleasantly surprised but I'm not holding my breath.

Haggard

Banned

k7q2m5K.jpg

loco-crazy.gif
Nice gaslighting. You can't write 2 coherent posts, don't understand how posts work and ask of people to guess your mind instead of answering to what you actually write but at least you are connected to your inner slightly retarded child .. Good for you

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Nice gaslighting. You can't write 2 coherent posts but you are connected to your inner slightly retarded child .. Good for you

You sat there and quickfire reaction spammed a bunch of my posts which you had previously already acknowledged and responded to.

So yes, you should be questioning your mental state, especially considering your strong and ill-mannered reactions to myself and other posters in this thread, all because some people are happy to spend a bit of money on their toys. The horror.

Haggard

Banned
You sat there and quickfire reaction spammed a bunch of my posts which you had previously already acknowledged and responded to.

So yes, you should be questioning your mental state, especially considering your strong and ill-mannered reactions to myself and other posters in this thread, all because some people are happy to spend a bit of money on their toys. The horror.
I rerread on the off chance I'd actually missed something. Instead I found bullshit and graded it as such.
And I see you are still incapable of reading... Or are just plain stupid as you still refer to the wrong things.....
Well, I don't really know why I'm even wasting my time here. Boredom I guess.
Anyways, ignored.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
I rerread on the off chance I'd actually missed something. Instead I found bullshit and grades it as such.
And I see you are still incapable of reading... Or plain stupid.

People are free to spend their money how they wish (even if that might be on things you personally disagree with or find to be superfluous), the sooner you realise and acknowledge that the better it will be for your state of mind.

I hear resetera has a bunch of like-minded angry and bitter folk like yourself, maybe seek their advice.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

k7q2m5K.jpg

loco-crazy.gif

The situation is explained in detail here and here.

And according to the latest posts on the official Nvidia forums their latest drivers seem to have somehow made the situation even worse.

For their new cards they have put an emphasis on AV1 but that changes nothing for link with the quest 2 since it's not a supported codec on the device.

If there is a miraculous fix/change that gets revealed next week then I'll be more than pleasantly surprised but I'm not holding my breath.
Dude literally called for executions of people with money and never once replied to my comment about the good my wife and I try to do with our money

He seems a very troubled individual

Patrick S.

Banned
Fuck Nvidia. They are benefiting from a 8% movement in Dollar-Euro exchange rate that benefits them. They’re generously giving you a 5% discount, while making 3% more on every card.

Haggard

Banned
Dude literally called for executions of people with money and never once replied to my comment about the good my wife and I try to do with our money

1.If you don't understand a historical reference... Then better don't comment on it.
2. Lol at trying to look nice by giving away money you absolutely don't need or miss at all.... If you have seen the movie "Wolf of Wall Street and remember the opening scene.... That's what I'm thinking when I hear bullshit like that.
But I'll let you guys stroke each other's egos in peace now and just ignore you, too.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
1.If you don't understand a historical reference... Then better don't comment on it.
2. Lol at trying to look nice by giving away money you absolutely don't need or miss at all.... If you have seen the movie "Wolf of Wall Street and remember the opening scene.... That's what I'm thinking when I hear bullshit like that.
But I'll let you guys stroke each other's egos in peace now and just ignore you, too.
Never seen the movie as in all honesty I don’t watch TV much but love the gifs from it

Glad you put me on ignore as you have sounded really ignorant going back and forth in these conversations

And since you claim the money we have invested into countless charities will not be missed I suppose you have indeed made donations to organizations that you have missed and needed for other things?

Anyhow good luck with whatever issues you have going on in life

Buggy Loop

That avatar
642031.jpg

That name HeisenbergFX4
Millions made god knows how except for hard work..

You ain’t fooling me mister

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

MlqshDQ.gif

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned

Wtf...

You have some serious mental issues man. Luxury items will always exists.If billionairs didn't exist, these "unaffordable" prices would be targeted to the millionares, and the poor would be poorer.

If millionares didn't exist, these "unaffordable" prices would be targeted to the ones having hundred of thousand of dollars, and the poor, now poorer, would be... poorerer?

Luxury items will always scale accordingly to how much money the rich have. Its not a question of "If people didn't buy it, they would be cheaper!". If people didn't buy it, manufacturers wouldn't produce those items in the first place, not lower their prices.

GHG

Gold Member

You shouldn't have even bothered to justify anything to him.

Honestly one of the most bizarre exchanges I've had on here. I get that it's difficult times for some people at the moment but that shouldn't mean everyone else should put their lives on hold. Quite frankly, it's none of his business what others decide to do with their cash anyway. If I literally want to set it on fire its my right to do so, I'm the one going grey at a rate of knots to earn it.

Edit: He's gone. Hopefully he can find comfort with likeminded individuals elsewhere, not that it will do him any good.

Last edited:

HoofHearted

Holy. Fuck. Figured I’d do a little light reading with my coffee this morning… and this shows up…

Last edited:
Top Bottom