• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti releases today for $1999 | Reviews Roundup

Draugoth

Gold Member
RTX3090Ti-HERO-2-2048x870.jpg

TechRadar - 3.5/5.0
  • Excellent gaming performance
  • Perfect for content creators
  • Lots of VRAM
Negatives:
  • Expensive
  • Heavy
  • Too much power

Guru 3D - 4.5/5.0

It is essential to realize that the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti provides odd performance levels at an unreasonable price while also using an excessive number in electricity. Regardless of how many superlatives we use, this still is an x-factor product, which implies that people are still gonna purchase these cards regardless of the price. Palit has created a captivating graphics card, both in terms of aesthetics and component choices for this hardware setup. For a suggested retail price of 1999 USD, the card is clearly a hard sell; for that money, you should seriously consider a 3080 / Ti at half the price.

Tweaktown - 10/10
You know what I've got to say? Buy it. You know you're going to. I don't need to convince you. I just need to be the vessel that plays with these awesome toys and with 25+ years of experience in the industry now, I can safely tell you that if you want the very best GPU silicon on the planet... the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti is your next purchase.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/10074/msi-geforce-rtx-3090-ti-suprim/index.html.
MSI's new flagship GeForce RTX 3090 Ti SUPRIM X is everything you expected, and more. This is Ampere at its absolute limits, with up to 500W of power ready to go... but man, data performance, yo.
TechRadar - 3.5/5.0
The Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 Ti is an incredibly powerful graphics card. The problem is that the RTX 3090 is also an incredibly powerful graphics card and isn't that much slower - even though it costs significantly less.

Videos

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I probably going to have one card from my work, so I will post my impression. Not that I needed, since I already have RTX3090, but I like hot things.

TrackZ

So I bought one. EVGA FTW3 Ultra. Nice to see it was only a $200 markup over stock. That could have been $500.

I bought it even as I debate getting rid of my PC and just playing games on consoles. I really don't even play games any more with all these devices sitting here on which to play them because of paradox of choice. I feel like I'm in Stockholm syndrome with my PC.

I figure I can return it if I don't use it while I continue my debate. I'm curious to see if these cards are LHR or not too. It was there and I didn't want to miss it if it went OOS.

I paid less for the 3090 ti now than the 3080 ti I bought at MSRP some months back (which was an Asus ROG STRIX). I just hope the 4000 series cards stay at this price level and don't continue to push up.

Yeah, 4000 is coming, but will it be fall? Will it be early 2023? It's March right now. It's possible that I could be running this card for close to a year before getting a next generation replacement.

Part of if whether I keep it will also depend on how much I recover on my 3080 ti which I guess I'll put up for sale now and see what happens.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
so in the end around 8% better than a 3090. Not worth it, even though I thought about it. Will wait for the 4090 whenever that comes around.

Draugoth

Gold Member
So I bought one. EVGA FTW3 Ultra. Nice to see it was only a $200 markup over stock. That could have been $500.

I bought it even as I debate getting rid of my PC and just playing games on consoles. I really don't even play games any more with all these devices sitting here on which to play them because of paradox of choice.

I figure I can return it if I don't use it while I continue my debate. I'm curious to see if these cards are LHR or not too. It was there and I didn't want to miss it if it went OOS.

I paid less for the 3090 ti now than the 3080 ti I bought at MSRP some months back (which was an Asus ROG STRIX). I just hope the 4000 series cards stay at this price level and don't continue to push up.

Yeah, 4000 is coming, but will it be fall? Will it be early 2023? It's March right now. It's possible that I could be running this card for close to a year before getting a next generation replacement.

Part of if whether I keep it will also depend on how much I recover on my 3080 ti which I guess I'll put up for sale now and see what happens.

The longer it takes to release, the better since i can save up more money for a cpu and psu upgrade until then

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Time to upgrade my 3090... not. So weird to release this now. In 6 months we will likely see people struggling to find 4080s and 4090s that will smoke this.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Time to upgrade my 3090... not. So weird to release this now. In 6 months we will likely see people struggling to find 4080s and 4090s that will smoke this.

Also, if you have a non LHR version like mine, you can resell your 3090 to a cripto entusiast for a considerable ammount

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Can't wait for someone here to call it a "gaming card" and spend $2200 for 7fps.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Also, if you have a non LHR version like mine, you can resell your 3090 to a cripto entusiast for a considerable ammount
No one buys 3090s for crypto even at FHR because they are pretty damn inefficient.
Im pretty sure every 3090FE is FHR but they are still so few 3090 farms.
And this card is even more inefficient than the 3090.
A group of lower tier cards will have a much much better ROI.
Tis why these things(3090s) nigh literally never went out of stock....no one wants them.

Can't wait for someone here to call it a "gaming card" and spend $2200 for 7fps.
Who the fuck buys this for gaming?
These cards really should have been named Titan A and Titan AX as so not to confuse gamers into thinking they are getting any sort of upper tier in gaming.
A 3080 12G or even the reggie 3080 is much much better value for money if you are a gamer.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Who the fuck buys this for gaming?
These cards really should have been named Titan A and Titan AX as so not to confuse gamers into thinking they are getting any sort of upper tier in gaming.
A 3080 12G or even the reggie 3080 is much much better value for money if you are a gamer.

Oh man, you should've seen the threads here when the 3090 dropped. People convinced that "it's a gaming card because it plays games", I shit you not.

Haggard

Banned
Too weak and too "hot" for that kind of price. Utterly terrible bang for buck ratio, but that was to be expected.

Well, whatever, those are just ultra enthusiast cash grabs anyways.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Watch it get slaughtered by $700 5nm GPU in Q3 this year.
If the RTX 4080 is 700 dollars MSRP and can be had for anywhere near that come Q3.
It'll be the quickest I've ever upgraded a GPU in my life.

Pray to all the elder gods that the higher power draw, the lower bus and a newer implementation of LHR makes the cards very unattractive to miners.

note. The RTX 4080 is expected to have a 256bit bus which would put it in RTX3070 territory for mining.
Miners still havent figured out how to use Infinity Cache or whatever Nvidia is calling their large L2 Cache to improve hashrates.

Anyone who buys this other than to maybe scalp it either has too much money or you’re a fool.

Damn this thing is ridiculously huge, expensive and barely better than 3090 which itself was already too big and hot.

We need intel for competition, and for rdna3 to be a threat as well.

Last edited:

LavosBit

Neo Member
No intention of getting this when I already have a 3090, but the power consumption has me nervous for what the 4000 series will require. I just replaced my PSU with a 1000W unit and now I’m concerned that’s not going to be enough for what Nvidia is envisioning.

Top Bottom