• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti releases today for $1999 | Reviews Roundup

sigmaZ

Animated GIF

kiphalfton

Ridiculous. When you're Nvidia, you can do whatever you want.

Yeah, they keeping inching the prices upwards. I expect to see a Titan next gen in the realm of $3k or more.

This is exactly the same shit that happened in 2017 with crypto mining BS, and see what happened with Turing pricing subsequently (relative to Pascal pricing it went full retard).

speckz

During our reviews of the RTX 3090 Ti, we noticed that a handful graphics card PCBs had provision for a second 16-pin connector (implying that the first one with a maximum of 600 W of power delivery is maxed out).

TrackZ

The PSU recommendation by EVGA for the 3090 ti FTW3 Ultra I just bought is 850W. It's the same recommendation Asus has for the ROG STRIX 3080 ti that's in my PC right now.

Unless I'm misreading something on their specs.

I do have an 850W PSU.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

//DEVIL//

Recommended 1000w PSU to factor into your price too if your not already using one.
I don't really see the need for this. I have a 3090 Strix and I am able to run the computer without any problem with Z690I Asus Rog MB and I5 12th gen as well as 280 AIO cooler and 2 NVME drive of a total of 3tb. according to the power calculator, I am at 640 Watts. my 750 Platinum rated power supply is not having any issues.

the 3090 ti is what? 100W more? an 850W power supply as long as it's gold or platinum is good to go. unless you have a server-based computer then that is a different story.

if you are anything less than GOLD PSU, then you should stop being cheap and invest in that before investing in a 2200$ GPU ( talking in general not you per say )

They can fuck off. 6 PSU GPU connectors to run this shit. no one asked or wants this. I didn't even know there are PSUs with 6 GPU connectors at the back of them. unless maybe it's 1200 or 1300 big PSUs lol.

If someone buys my 3090 I'll upgrade.

I thought about this too. but I am using SSUPD mini ITX case and I had to unscrew the case frame to put the card in before I put the frame of the case back. there are only a few mm left between the frame and the GPU. that's how tight it's in my situation. Also, There is an SF power supply that is bigger than 750W P2 that is available for sale as of yet. Ill need more if Ill go the 3090ti route.

PLUS the fact I have a white Strix air-cooled. that doesn't exist with the 3090ti.. So all in all that GPU is out of the question. and I can't justify paying 700$ Canadian at least assuming I sell my 3090 at the cost price. with that much difference I can buy a PS5 ( lol imagine ehm.. anyway) just for 5 to 12% gain. pass. The only reason I went with the 3090 is I needed more than 10 gigs of VRM as that is a joke in the 3080. and the 3080ti is a joke of a card by itself since I was able to get the 3090 for the same price as the brand new 3080 ti.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't really see the need for this. I have a 3090 Strix and I am able to run the computer without any problem with Z690I Asus Rog MB and I5 12th gen as well as 280 AIO cooler and 2 NVME drive of a total of 3tb. according to the power calculator, I am at 640 Watts. my 750 Platinum rated power supply is not having any issues.

the 3090 ti is what? 100W more? an 850W power supply as long as it's gold or platinum is good to go. unless you have a server-based computer then that is a different story.

if you are anything less than GOLD PSU, then you should stop being cheap and invest in that before investing in a 2200$ GPU ( talking in general not you per say )

They can fuck off. 6 PSU GPU connectors to run this shit. no one asked or wants this. I didn't even know there are PSUs with 6 GPU connectors at the back of them. unless maybe it's 1200 or 1300 big PSUs lol.
Don't forget this is the limited edition for maximal OC, Galax cards are for those who are using NO2 and stuff like that.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I don't care how much money someone has, paying this much for a gaming graphics card is moronic.
Its not a gaming graphics card though.
24GB of VRAM is almost solely for the sake of not going out of core.

Nvidia goofed by naming these RTX 3090s and trying to claim they were vastly stronger than the 3080 as to do 8K gaming......which they obviously cant really
Theyve chilled on that marketing and these days most of the RTX 3090 marketing is towards content creation.

They needed to rebrand them as Titan A and Titan AX or something.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Idk why people are freaking out about 450w. 3080 and 3090 both have 450w bios.

These aren't gamer cards, but renaming Titan to xx90 I guess gets people to buy them because it's a higher number.

LMAO at people in here thinking of upgrading from their 3090. It really is true...

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Its not a gaming graphics card though.
24GB of VRAM is almost solely for the sake of not going out of core.

Nvidia goofed by naming these RTX 3090s and trying to claim they were vastly stronger than the 3080 as to do 8K gaming......which they obviously cant really
Theyve chilled on that marketing and these days most of the RTX 3090 marketing is towards content creation.

They needed to rebrand them as Titan A and Titan AX or something.
They are gaming cards. The naming alone implies it’s a gaming card. No AIB card for titan. There is for this one . People need to stop fooling them selves saying this is not a gaming card. This card is released for both gaming and content creation. Anyone think otherwise is just wrong. Regardless what is the value of these cards are and if they are worth it as a gamer or not.

Personally ? I love this card ( 3090 ) . Honestly I feel it’s nice never to worry about vram. Specially with unreal engine 5. People just compare the cards to what games are out now. Not what games coming later . Didn’t doom run like at 10gb vram at 4k nightmare settings ? And that’s a game from 2018 probably I forgot . Whoever wants ultra settings for next gen gaming and think 10gig is enough then he or she is in for a bad surprise .

Dream-Knife

Banned
They are gaming cards. The naming alone implies it’s a gaming card. No AIB card for titan. There is for this one . People need to stop fooling them selves saying this is not a gaming card. This card is released for both gaming and content creation. Anyone think otherwise is just wrong. Regardless what is the value of these cards are and if they are worth it as a gamer or not.

Personally ? I love this card ( 3090 ) . Honestly I feel it’s nice never to worry about vram. Specially with unreal engine 5. People just compare the cards to what games are out now. Not what games coming later . Didn’t doom run like at 10gb vram at 4k nightmare settings ? And that’s a game from 2018 probably I forgot . Whoever wants ultra settings for next gen gaming and think 10gig is enough then he or she is in for a bad surprise .
The 3090 can barely run games that came out last year at 4k60 ultra though.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
You think whats stopping 4K60 is VRAM.....the 3090 is already failing to do 4K60.

12GB of VRAM is enough.
The 20GB of VRAM in the 4080Ti will likely also be overkill.
The chip will give out before the VRAM gives out.

Youll see people with their 3080 12Gs swimming through the generation.
If they are aiming for native 4K again chances are the chip will give up before the VRAM is whats actually degrading their gameplay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom