• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

nVidia to Cut GPU Prices Due to Overstock and All Time Low Demand (Update: New MSRPs: RTX4090: $1,099.99, RTX4080: $899.99, RTX 4070ti: $599.99)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Pennywise

Banned
nVidia to Drastically Cut RTX 4000 Series GPU Prices Due to Overstock and All Time Low Demand - New MSRPs Announced: RTX 4090 at $1,099.99, RTX 4080 at $899.99, RTX 4070ti at $599.99, RTX 4070 Delayed

In a recent letter sent to investors and retailers signed by nVidia CEO, Jensen Huang, announces a major price cut for the RTX 4000 Series GPUs due to high overstock and all-time low demand, [primarily caused by the crypto market crash]. As a result, the new MSRPs were revealed: RTX 4090 at $1,099.99, RTX 4080 at $899.99, RTX 4070ti at $599.99, while the new RTX 4070 release has been delayed. This move is expected to help nVidia clear out excess inventory and attract more gamers who were previously hesitant due to the high prices of the RTX 4000 Series GPUs.

The new MSRPs are set to go live in May this year, and gamers can expect to see the reduced prices on popular e-commerce platforms. This move is expected to not only benefit gamers, but also investors, as it is likely to boost nVidia's sales and revenue in the coming months. Overall, this announcement is a welcome development for the gaming community, and a testament to nVidia's commitment to delivering high-performance products at affordable prices.

More at the link.

Come with me my fellow early RTX 4000 series adopters, join the line with all of us who paid $1500+ for the new cards:

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

.Pennywise

Banned
My sincerest apologies for interrupting your day with some fake news! You've been fooled by a machine! I hope I didn't cause too much excitement or disappointment. As a language model, I'm always eager to help generate engaging and informative content, but in this case, it seems my April Fool's Day prank may have gone a bit too far.
Rest assured that while I may not be capable of creating real news stories, I am always here to assist with your language needs to the best of my abilities. So whether you're looking for serious information or just a bit of lighthearted fun, feel free to ask me anything!

Sincerely, ChatGPT.

VAVA Mk2

nVidia to Drastically Cut RTX 4000 Series GPU Prices Due to Overstock and All Time Low Demand - New MSRPs Announced: RTX 4090 at $1,099.99, RTX 4080 at $899.99, RTX 4070ti at $599.99, RTX 4070 Delayed

More at the link.

Come with me my fellow early RTX 4000 series adopters, join the line with all of us who paid $1500+ for the new cards:

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
Worst April Fool's joke ever. 🖕🖕🖕

Senua

Animated GIF

LordCBH

def April fools joke cause it would mean Nvidia would have a goddamn brain if it was real. And Nvidia ain’t got no brain.

After selling my 2080 i paid about £910 for my 4080. I know it's a lot of money but it has been an a huge upgrade and I don't regret it at all. Infact I wish I had went for a 4090 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The performance improvement on it's own is insane (off the top of my head Cyberpunk maxed out with RTX went from 21fps to 55fps) and my 4080 nevers goes beyond 30% fan speed, runs at 35-50C, and uses less power than my 2080 which had a minimum of 42% fan speed with anywhere up to ~70% and temps up to 78C. Also, DLSS 3 is really damn impressive.

I do agree though that prices should be much lower. I paid £750 for my 2080 so even even the £910 i paid (after selling my 2080) is ridiculous. i get inflation has shot up but the 4080 really shouldn't be anymore than £850.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

just imagine if that happened ( I know April fools and stuff ) , but everyone would melt at these new prices lol.

.Pennywise

Banned
Worst April Fool's joke ever. 🖕🖕🖕

What an idea 🙄

Nobody could ever believe this.

I’m of the opinion that the best April Fool’s jokes are the ones where it actually takes you a couple of minutes to realize it’s a joke. So obviously this isn’t one.

Smells like some people fell pretty hard and got triggered to a joke literally made by a bot 😂

Kilau

Gold Member
Smells like some people fell pretty hard and got triggered to a joke literally made by a bot 😂
I’m not ridiculing you although posting a “joke” thread on April Fools day certainly leaves you open to such. I’m simply stating the notion of an nvidia price cut doesn’t even pass the headline smell test. You could have posted “Bat boy returns from Moon with mouse king” it’s just absurd.

But you think whatever you want about the reactions.

StereoVsn

Jensen cutting GPU prices when he can sell everything he got for AI computer. Ahahaha. Yeah, that would never fucking happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom