• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NX Gamer] Halo Infinite: Split screen Co-op tested on Xbox Consoles - Performance Analysis

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

By Michael Thompson

Halo Infinite long promised Local Split-screen Co-op just got cancelled, but it is not dead yet. Thanks to a Glitch found online by AlexisB on Twitter, we can test the local Campaign version in Split screen on the lowest console format it supports, the XboxOne. With many stating the open world is the issue, too demanding for Xbox One is that true? What does it run like? and why is it cancelled if it works as tested here? Click and enjoy.

Kuranghi

Thats a mental if they've canned local co-op purely because Xbone can't run it. I've lost interest in playing the SP myself at this point and I was hoping co-op could at least provide a bit of fun with my flatmate since you can do many things you can't do on your own and exploring for secrets is less important in co-op.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
I'm sure it was just a mistake, but it was weird for him to comment that" Halo infinite is the first Halo game without split screen co-op since the series launched back in 2001 on the og Xbox", as it's well known that this feature was not included in Halo 5.

He starts the video with this comment and then makes the claim it's missing this feature because of GamePass. If that's the case, why is Halo 5 missing this feature as well?

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
343 will patch it just to save face. Fucking cowards in management at that studio
If they respond to fan feedback and finish it, that makes them cowards?

Edit: you responded and corrected my incorrect perception of your statement.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Pretty pointless video, the glitch doesnt work anymore.

P.S: Hes self funded and completely independent?
Doesnt he work for IGN?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I disagree, even if people aren't able to play the glitch there's a lot to be gained from knowing how it would run.
We dont know how it would run.

Its no different to having prerelease software and trying to gauge how the final version will run.

Umbasaborne

Banned
If they respond to fan feedback and finish it, that makes them cowards?
Nope, still makes them incompetent for being unable to get a finished product out the door after 7 years. Fuck them, they killed one of my favorite franchises. They wont get the benefit of the doubt from me

Banned
wait, so these pieces of shit actually patched it out?

holy fucking shit, if you think you can't hate that fucking retard infested pos studio more than you already do they come and do shit like this...
I am speechless... what a group of hopefully soon unemployed dipshits...

Umbasaborne

Banned
Microsoft needs to get out in front of this. The longer phil, bonnie, and joe sit their in silence the worse this looks. Phil needs to explain the reasoning for microsofts non existent output this year, joe and bonnie need to really in depth explain why basic features are taking so long or being canned out right, and some of the issues the studio faced while making this game. Bonnie needs to appologize for stating that halo games will always have split screen after 5. Im an xbox fan, i use my xbox more than any system i own. But i am so fucking frustrated with the state of microsoft games right now. Im frustrated at their piss poor output in 2020 and this year (forza 5 and flight sim saved them on the exclusive side last year.) and im fucking frustrated that 343 couldnt release a finished fucking game after 7 years. And on top of that, they wrote a bunch of checks in halo 5’s story that they couldnt cash and decided to dance over it in the most haphazard way fucking possible.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Microsoft needs to get out in front of this. The longer phil, bonnie, and joe sit their in silence the worse this looks. Phil needs to explain the reasoning for microsofts non existent output this year, joe and bonnie need to really in depth explain why basic features are taking so long or being canned out right, and some of the issues the studio faced while making this game. Bonnie needs to appologize for stating that halo games will always have split screen after 5. Im an xbox fan, i use my xbox more than any system i own. But i am so fucking frustrated with the state of microsoft games right now. Im frustrated at their piss poor output in 2020 and this year (forza 5 and flight sim saved them on the exclusive side last year.) and im fucking frustrated that 343 couldnt release a finished fucking game after 7 years. And on top of that, they wrote a bunch of checks in halo 5’s story that they couldnt cash and decided to dance over it in the most haphazard way fucking possible.
Wait until next year.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
He’s running it on the Xbox one. It can indeed run on the last gen consoles.
Yeah I am aware of that, but the only sane reason for me to see they disabled it is because it was somehow unstable on the og xbox one, and maybe decided to turn it completely off due to some security risk and because of clarity between xbox one and series x.

the_master

They already patched the glitch that allowed local co op.

Why?

People could have some fun with, why did they have to stop it? To avoid people thinking that local coop is happening?

Such a shame

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I wonder why they are cutting it?

in this interview Joe talks about not releasing things which don't meet high quality. So maybe they would rather focus on more important things then include a feature that is hardly used.

Lol at Michael's armchair analysis of infinites state and Microsofts handling of it. You're better off watching the interview above to get an idea of infinites development issues.

Last edited:

fatmarco

Who cares if its not "high quality" on Xbox One, it runs.

And even if its not amazing, it's a local issue, so the players poorly performing Xbox One S's aren't even affecting the gameplay of other players online or anything, so what really is the issue? If you're still on Xbox One/ S, which is closing in on being a decade old hardware, then I don't think you're expecting great performance anyway.

As for whether its glitches, well like NXGamer said, why not simply beta test it and the community can discover the glitches/ and issues for you. At the very least the community deserves a thorough explanation as to why its being cut, and maybe an explanation as to why none of these management people have lost their job for a 7 year project that's cost over half a billion dollars at least, was meant to be the marque Xbox game, and has lost the majority of its player base within a few months.

Last edited:

Three

They already patched the glitch that allowed local co op.

Why?

People could have some fun with, why did they have to stop it? To avoid people thinking that local coop is happening?

Such a shame
I guess because to them it's nothing but a glitch. A glitch people might not actually want and might bother support about. 🤷‍♂️

ZehDon

... So maybe they would rather focus on more important things then include a feature that is hardly used...
And that would be fine, if the CEO hadn't walked onto a stage and promised everyone that every game would have split-screen moving forward. From a player's perspective, they're now cutting - seemingly - working versions of staple franchise features so they can focus on "seasonality", which they hope to start delivering the basics of in *checks notes* eighteen months. 343i is taking flak from every side because, after nearly an entire year, they can't seemingly do... well, anything. Telling people they can't play with their friends like they were expressly promised, so that 343i can hopefully release more microtransaction cosmetics in two years time is fucking absurd. If 343i had made progress in some meaningful way, you might convince me that a re-allocation of resources is justified. "Look what we've done, imagine how much more we can do now". However, they haven't made any progress at all. Not a single major issue with the game has been touched. And they're now removing promised, advertised features from the game. Where are all of 343i's resources going? It's a valid question that paying customers deserve an answer to. Staten's vague comments in that discussion with Ted Price don't cut it.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
And that would be fine, if the CEO hadn't walked onto a stage and promised everyone that every game would have split-screen moving forward. From a player's perspective, they're now cutting - seemingly - working versions of staple franchise features so they can focus on "seasonality", which they hope to start delivering the basics of in *checks notes* eighteen months. 343i is taking flak from every side because, after nearly an entire year, they can't seemingly do... well, anything. Telling people they can't play with their friends like they were expressly promised, so that 343i can hopefully release more microtransaction cosmetics in two years time is fucking absurd. If 343i had made progress in some meaningful way, you might convince me that a re-allocation of resources is justified. "Look what we've done, imagine how much more we can do now". However, they haven't made any progress at all. Not a single major issue with the game has been touched. And they're now removing promised, advertised features from the game. Where are all of 343i's resources going? It's a valid question that paying customers deserve an answer to. Staten's vague comments in that discussion with Ted Price don't cut it.
Its not fine for the ones who want it,
I guess if we make enough noise they might put it in. Even if its just the version thats already in the code.

But i wont be talking about it because the only game I play with my friends irl is FIFA.

Last edited:
Pretty pointless video, the glitch doesnt work anymore.

P.S: Hes self funded and completely independent?
Doesnt he work for IGN?
He works for IGN as a free-lance (I think), doing videos that are released on IGN channel. But everything his does on his own channel is self funded.

Last edited:

Banned

holy fucking shit, if you think you can't hate that fucking retard infested pos studio more than you already do they come and do shit like this...

so apparently what nxg said at the end of the video is not accurate.

splitscreen coop still works after the most recent patch.

so... 343i still sucks ass, but less ass than I thought... sorry 343i, I was mislead 😘 still hate you tho babe, from the bottom of my heart

the_master

I guess because to them it's nothing but a glitch. A glitch people might not actually want and might bother support about. 🤷‍♂️
I don’t see how a glitch that requires some plnned, intentional effort could bother anyone.
I think it is for people to not get their hopes up or to give the impression that it is all done but disabled.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I'm sure it was just a mistake, but it was weird for him to comment that" Halo infinite is the first Halo game without split screen co-op since the series launched back in 2001 on the og Xbox", as it's well known that this feature was not included in Halo 5.

He starts the video with this comment and then makes the claim it's missing this feature because of GamePass. If that's the case, why is Halo 5 missing this feature as well?
He also said in his Gears 5 Hivebusters video that Game Pass would lead to smaller, shorter and more episodic games or even bigger games broken into smaller chunks. God forbid any Xbox Studio make an expansion to one of their games. Expansions and DLC are never a part of Game Pass, Hivebusters being made an exception due to it being a AAA first party project releasing in Xbox Series S|X launch window.

NXGamer

No, I was incorrect on that. The latest seemed to have made it harder and I got corrupted saves. But I used a fresh account, new save and I got it working on Series S and X.

I updated the video to reflect that earlier this week and on Twitter.

Top Bottom