• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NX Gamer] Uncharted 4 & The Lost Legacy PS5 120fps and VRR Performance Analysis - PS5 PS4Pro

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

By Michael Thompson

Sony studios always share the wealth across teams, the push for 120fps modes and VRR updates continues. Naughty Dog are back with an update on Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy offering 4K 40fps and even 1440P 120fps modes via the VRR patch. Here I did into the VRR update, how the PS5 runs when unlocked and if this is a sign of the PC versions levels to come.

Last edited:
Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

impressive its actually hitting 60 at points to clarify one thing fidelity mode is uncapped up to 120 correct? i would hope it is

Vick

Gold Member
Did they fix all those weird bugs?
They haven't fixed ANY of these:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/not-even-naughty-dog-can-remaster-their-own-games.1629560/

Including Nadine broken hair for the entire game.

PS4 (YouTube grab):
bbQ3WEU.png

PS5 (YouTube grab):
VGWwsnH.png

PS4 (YouTube grab):
HxdxsUo.png

PS5 (YouTube grab):
uh3cnZG.png

Which looked right in pre-release Trailers.

What a fucking joke.
Only hope is the PC version, otherwise the best looking version of Uncharted 4 would forever be locked at 30fps.

Just unlock the damn framerate on the OG version Naughty Dog, ffs.
NXGamer NXGamer , perhaps you could do something? At least for Nadine hair and some missing textures (like on the dead colonist right in your face in the "Thief" Libertalia room). Please let them know. 🙏

Last edited:
The best mode seems to be performance uncapped (1440p ~85fps).

Anyways he is saying thanks to the fixed settings and resolution it will be easy to benchmark against the PC version. Next drama incoming lads!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Thought he had early access to the PC version.
This is about the PS5 version?
Didnt this come out 6+ months ago?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I always found these comments interesting. So their appearance (buggy or not) will prevent you from playing the game? Dealbreaker stuff?
No.
Ive already played the game.
Absolutely loved it, and is the only reason imma be playing it again.
But modding a game to make it better is just fun times.

TrebleShot

Really interesting video, goes into some detail about how its not as simple as brute forcing upgrades on PS5, of course you can to some degree if you treat the hardware like traditional PC arch, but there is headroom on the PS5 and a specific updacted engine for it could definitely have hit 4k60.

I imagine that’s why a lot of games like AC:V and GOTG have issues hitting higher performance levels simply due to the nature of the current gen engines being optimised for multiplatform release.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Very interesting to see that 40 fps here actually goes up to 50 fps very rarely dropping below 40 where as in TLOU Part 1 it drops frames as soon as you fire a weapon or get into combat. Yes, TLOU1 and 2 are better looking games, but they both target a base 1080p on the PS4 just like Uncharted 4 and Lost legacy. Part 1 actually has much smaller areas compared to Uncharted 4, Lost Legacy and Part 2. I am really struggling to understand why the game drop frames below 40 fps in narrow corridors while hovering in the 40-50 fps range in open world areas.

Last edited:
Very interesting to see that 40 fps here actually goes up to 50 fps very rarely dropping below 40 where as in TLOU Part 1 it drops frames as soon as you fire a weapon or get into combat. Yes, TLOU1 and 2 are better looking games, but they both target a base 1080p on the PS4 just like Uncharted 4 and Lost legacy. Part 1 actually has much smaller areas compared to Uncharted 4, Lost Legacy and Part 2. I am really struggling to understand why the game drop frames below 40 fps in narrow corridors while hovering in the 40-50 fps range in open world areas.
the mode actually hits 60 at some select points like looking at the sky or indoor areas its in the high 40s low 50s a very large amount of time

They haven't fixed ANY of these:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/not-even-naughty-dog-can-remaster-their-own-games.1629560/

Including Nadine broken hair for the entire game.

PS4 (YouTube grab):
bbQ3WEU.png

PS5 (YouTube grab):
VGWwsnH.png

PS4 (YouTube grab):
HxdxsUo.png

PS5 (YouTube grab):
uh3cnZG.png

Which looked right in pre-release Trailers.

What a fucking joke.
Only hope is the PC version, otherwise the best looking version of Uncharted 4 would forever be locked at 30fps.

Just unlock the damn framerate on the OG version Naughty Dog, ffs.
NXGamer NXGamer , perhaps you could do something? At least for Nadine hair and some missing textures (like on the dead colonist right in your face in the "Thief" Libertalia room). Please let them know. 🙏

It's such a disservice to release a new version of the game introducing all these new bugs and then don't bother with fixing them.

I've lost so much trust in Naughty Dog lately. I finally caved and bought LoU1 Remake when I realized it did 4k/40 and that my oled c8 would be able to do that. I got to play it ONE time in this mode before they patched it out for an inferior and less stable mode.

Just my luck. This isn't the first time a developer has made their game worse in a patch either. Reminds me of Forza Horizon 4 "next gen" version that removed ambient occlusion, or Rdr2 where they lowered their AO (they fixed it later).

I expect better from ND though. Maybe I shouldn't have after how they downgraded UC4 remasters GI. Have they even put out a single patch for that to fix stuff? Nope.

But now UC4 has this great 4k/40 mode ...why the fuck would they remove that from LoU1 and trade it for something clearly worse?

The performance mode looks a lot worse.

Top Bottom