• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NXGamer] Battlefield 2042: PS5, Series X, Series S & PC In-depth Technical/Performance Analysis

DaGwaphics

Rough. Maybe they will patch this up as time goes on.

Personally, I'm not much of a multi-player gamer (especially shooters), so, without a campaign this one doesn't do much for me anyway. LOL

I'll admit, I expected Dice to do more, especially in the beginning when it was thought that this was current-gen only.

MrFunSocks

Banned
First you even doubted he had an XBOX before making videos for IGN because he didn't make videos about XBOX games, like... ever. Now he did make videos about XBOX games but the ratio is 10:1.

I see. Right...
Have a look at his videos and count how many there are on Xbox games only. I count maybe 3 games over the last few years at a quick glance at his channel, all of which I'm pretty sure are after he joined IGN. I see Gears 5 hivebusters - 11 months ago - and then the last xbox video before that was Gears 5 over 12 months earlier lol. So a single xbox exclusive game in 2 years. There's also the usual "will the Series S hold back next gen?" concern video.

No video for Forza Horizon 5. No video for Horizon 4. No video for Flight Simulator. No video for the Halo Infinite MP. No video for Ori. No video for a single xbox exclusive game in the last 11 months, and then for another 13 months before that, and then who knows how long before that. 3 videos for Ratchet in the last 6 months though. 3 for Horizon. Couple for spiderman. 4 on Ghost of Tsushima. 3 videos on death stranding in the last 2 months. Reviewed the official PS5 headset but not any of the Xbox ones.

Guess I was wrong about the 10:1 - it's even higher than that lol.

For a bit of a laugh, he also thought the Switch was going to bomb. Very concerned about it lol. Saying he thinks it will be their exit from the console space and they'll be forced into mobile gaming lol. This video is just amazing viewing hahahaha. "They are making the same mistakes again", "They aren't making games that people want" :messenger_tears_of_joy:

There are no surprises that many on my ignore list love him and defend him aggressively.

Last edited:

NXGamer

The ratio of PS videos to Xbox videos is like 10:1 lol.
R.741bad95b776b1457600351c06a9e439

Kenpachii

1)
Nope, see here on my IGN video 9GB Vram and 15.5GB System ram used. Now watch as the SYSRAM drops back down to 12GB, nothing else running on my machine at time (Aside Windows munching 6-8GB) meaning at this point with RT off at 4K total Ram usage here was a minimum of 11+GB. likely into the 12-13. Creating pages, temp data to work with is common fault. This is so heavy who is to say they do not have full logging running on all versions and this is the cause. As I keep stating, the code is the issue not the hardware but right now I have showed you twice the receipts that is proven.
3) Yes we can, it is known, if you write code and work with data you know this, we do not need to get access to the source or diags to prove this fact, it is a known fact. What and how much the issue is here is the unknown, but I never said otherwise.
4) Again proving my point, and this is just one spec and API, all these and much more become a factor and can present differently across each. The SX and PS5 code are not the same even from Xbox and PS4 let alone PC, AMD, NVIDIA, INTEL etc.

1)

- The game doesn't use more then 10gb of v-ram on PC ultra ( without RT ). I tested it out on a 3080. the only way to actually know if it needs more then 10gb of memory as msi afterburner is just guessing the memory usage even with its dedicated option. As PC also runs at ultra settings which consoles aren't, its safe to assume it doesn't move over the 10gb of v-ram.

- What has PC ram consumption to do with anything xbox related? nothing PC is just the worst possible solution for a console.
Where are your xbox numbers on what the memory does and consumes? oh wait u can't because walled garden.

- Memory on PC can't be diagnosed by anything else but limiting it ( or software itself ). diagnostic 3rd party software like msi afterburner does not give the actual real usage numbers even the dedicated options in msi afterburner. U need access towards the game showcasing you its usage data ( i think bf even has this ) itself or simple limit hardware to see what it does.

As i don't have a 3070 here anymore, i did test it out at 4k ultra settings on PC and frankly i doubt it even uses more then 8gb of v-ram. Which again makes your memory story completely pointless because u have no clue how much memory is even used on those boxes and what performance and when.

U should know this by now however.

3) It also increases performance on the GPU front drastically because it has more bandwidth to play with. So does the negatives outshine the positives? Microsoft seems to think so. Unless i see proper proof in a comparison which is impossible without Microsoft approval, its all baseless assumptions.

4) kinda funny how you state, nothing is the same yet u use PC which is far more removed from the xbox version then PS5 version as some kind of argument. Seems like u don't even agree with yourself

U sure showed me twice by the way with your receipts lamo.

Oh well u tried tho.

Anyway done with lecturing how shit actually works in your video threads i always get baited by your shit. the only result is me wasting time to bump up your video's. So i won't be reacting any further in here.

Last edited:

Allandor

- Split pools of RAM have a much higher latency cost, unless you mitigate that with run-ahead/parallelism (which GPU is designed on) the cost can be massive.
Expect, xbox has not really a split pool. It has just one pool with 2 different "bandwidths". It is still the same pool and the access times are also the same (as it is the same interface and the chips have the same frequency). Yes, you loose a bit of bandwidth when switching between the areas (and I really think they should have just upped the memory capacity to don't run into that "issue").
But as already stated, the freezing issue is in a area of seconds and not milliseconds (latencies you write of are in an area of nanoseconds). So this really can't be the issue.

A general memory leak on the other hand can be the issue and would count into the bug category.

People really seem to forget that while this memory setup is not optimal for easy development, even the worst case bandwidth is still quite high.

Last edited:

NXGamer

1)

- The game doesn't use more then 10gb of v-ram on PC ultra ( without RT ). I tested it out on a 3080. the only way to actually know if it needs more then 10gb of memory as msi afterburner is just guessing the memory usage even with its dedicated option. As PC also runs at ultra settings which consoles aren't, its safe to assume it doesn't move over the 10gb of v-ram.

- What has PC ram consumption to do with anything xbox related? nothing PC is just the worst possible solution for a console.
Where are your xbox numbers on what the memory does and consumes? oh wait u can't because walled garden.

- Memory on PC can't be diagnosed by anything else but limiting it ( or software itself ). diagnostic 3rd party software like msi afterburner does not give the actual real usage numbers even the dedicated options in msi afterburner. U need access towards the game showcasing you its usage data ( i think bf even has this ) itself or simple limit hardware to see what it does.

As i don't have a 3070 here anymore, i did test it out at 4k ultra settings on PC and frankly i doubt it even uses more then 8gb of v-ram. Which again makes your memory story completely pointless because u have no clue how much memory is even used on those boxes and what performance and when.

U should know this by now however.

3) It also increases performance on the GPU front drastically because it has more bandwidth to play with. So does the negatives outshine the positives? Microsoft seems to think so. Unless i see proper proof in a comparison which is impossible without Microsoft approval, its all baseless assumptions.

4) kinda funny how you state, nothing is the same yet u use PC which is far more removed from the xbox version then PS5 version as some kind of argument. Seems like u don't even agree with yourself

U sure showed me twice by the way with your receipts lamo.

Oh well u tried tho.

Anyway done with lecturing how shit actually works in your video threads i always get baited by your shit. the only result is me wasting time to bump up your video's. So i won't be reacting any further in here.
"it is safe to assume" that sums up your post.

You have lectured here but none of it is correct or factual. If you cannot discuss facts and data without being all offended and emotional, do not as you just highlight lack of knowledge and objective view.

Last edited:
Top Bottom