• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXGamer: Grand Theft Auto 5: PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs PC vs PS3 Performance Review

Arioco

-Fidelity mode (4K@30 fps), Performance RT Mode (1440p@60fps) and Performance Mode (1440p@60fps) on PS5 and Series X. The Series S doesn't have any RT option, so it's 1440p@30fps or 1080p@60fps.

- Fidelity mode is rock solid on PS5 and Series X. The Performance RT Mode is almost locked too, but there can be some small dips in some areas. Both PS5 and Series X outperform each other in different areas, but PS5 performs slightly better overall. Series X is pretty solid too, but when it dips it dips harder than PS5 and Series X, and small dips can occur when traveling the city at high speed in the 60 fps mode.

- Series X has slightly higher rez cube maps than PS5 in the performance mode (in Fidelity and Performance RT they are the same).

-Loading is in fact slightly faster on Series X and S than PS5, and all of them are much faster than PC.

Last edited:
Played on PS5 for half an hour or so and found the new version to be quite a significant downgrade over old PC version.

Shadows bugging out constantly, car lights ghosting through cars at a short distance, horrendous LOD even on fidelity mode. Performance RT is just way too blurry and fidelity mode unplayable with all that lag. Can't believe R* haven't managed to make this game run at 4K 60 on new tech considering how easy is to get locked 60 native 4K.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
More or less identical to Digital Foundry's results.

Good shit NXGamer NXGamer

-Loading is in fact slightly faster on Series X and S than PS5, and all of them are much faster than PC.

pretty-cool-cerny.gif

Last edited:

Rivet

More or less identical to Digital Foundry's results.

Good shit NXGamer NXGamer

pretty-cool-cerny.gif

In some games, PS5 loading times are half what they are on Series X, so yeah, pretty cool actually. Starting 1st party games like Spiderman in 4 seconds from the menu is great too.

When you add games generally perform better on PS5, I must say I'm very impressed by Cerny's console design. Pretty cool indeed. :messenger_winking:

Last edited:
Top Bottom