• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXGamer&IGN: Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.5 Performance Review

Leyasu

Banned
Fighting over Cyberpunk.

knock-knock-evan-webber.gif

martin freeman no GIF

Just when you thought that the console wars couldn’t get any worse

FireFly

How much ram,what kind of cpu,what gpu and what kind of storage/speed?
Well, look at all the GPUs that get 30 at 1440p here, and see what happens at 1080p:

At the low end, the 1060 sees a similar performance boost, the 570 slightly less, and the 6500 XT gets a huge boost, probably because it was bandwidth starved at 1440p.

Hugare

Really?
because this is the PS5 version and it's definitely not the same.

And here are my own screen shots, the texture and resolution alone shows its not the same.
cyberpunk2077_2022021woje8.jpg

cyberpunk2077_2022021dej3m.jpg

cyberpunk2077_2022021v1kj1.jpg

cyberpunk2077_2022021w7jwi.jpg

I mean the PC version is still better, but come on.

Yeah, I'm sure

Find some video comparing this intro between PS4/PS5 and you will see that they have updated whats under the car's hood with much more geometry with the next gen patch

And you can see that in terms of geometry between PS5/PC its a match in the video

Maybe you think its PS4 due to video compression and etc.

Nice shots btw, looks incredible

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Yeah, I'm sure

Find some video comparing this intro between PS4/PS5 and you will see that they have updated whats under the car's hood with much more geometry with the next gen patch

And you can see that in terms of geometry between PS5/PC its a match in the video

Maybe you think its PS4 due to video compression and etc.

Nice shots btw, looks incredible
I would have put it down to that but the PC side doesn't seems to suffer from it.
Compression would effect both
You can see from my shots they have good skin texture and resolution
That video looks upscaled with muddy textures everywhere like it's 900p which is simply not the case.
Doesn't help their video has major framerate drops & freezing too.
But you're probably right and their PS5 capture is shiet and adds a layer of vaseline compared to everyone else's capture?
Either way it's a very poor comparison.
This is better comparison

Last edited:
I would have put it down to that but the PC side doesn't seems to suffer from it.
Compression would effect both
You can see from my shots they have good skin texture and resolution
That video looks upscaled with muddy textures everywhere like it's 900p which is simply not the case.
Doesn't help their video has major framerate drops & freezing too.
But you're probably right and their PS5 capture is shiet and adds a layer of vaseline compared to everyone else's capture?
Either way it's a very poor comparison.
This is better comparison

I've always wondered what's wrong with the screenshots I take on ps5. I very clearly remember the ps4 taking much better looking pictures. How do you screw that up sony?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I've always wondered what's wrong with the screenshots I take on ps5. I very clearly remember the ps4 taking much better looking pictures. How do you screw that up sony?
Yeah I'm not sure how the system works but a screenshot can range from 150kb to 6mb
And that's just on Jpg.
It's like the PS5 decides what quality you get
If you want perfect captures you have to use PNG but that will just eat your harddrive alive.

If the 30fps mode was for lighting-reflections, I could see the appeal. For just shadows and AO, might as well not be there.
Did anyone read what the game says in the settings for what RT mode entails? I'm surprised there aren't more people upset about this, because it says "enables Ray Traced Reflections and Shadows".

This is the final fuck you from CD Project, lol

Did anyone read what the game says in the settings for what RT mode entails? I'm surprised there aren't more people upset about this, because it says "enables Ray Traced Reflections and Shadows".

This is the final fuck you from CD Project, lol
Does it really say that? At most that's a oversight given that the patch introduction stream and patch notes clearly said RT is for local shadows, and reflections are SSR (with reflection resolution also provided). But ya CDPR is clearly not doing themselves any favours by not getting these small details right.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
He is not very clear and it does not help that what he says does not always coincide with what is seen on the screen at the same time... But I think he differentiates between 2 situations:

He says that in the moments of driving XSX sttuter sometimes and PS5 does not but that they are almost the same now (because before patch 1.5 the XBO X/XSXBC version was much less stable in 60fps mode although it went to higher resolution and better assets than PRO/PS5 BC).
Then he describes the framerate during intense shooting confrontations and in these he says that they are practically the same, it could even be slightly better in XSX....

That said, it is not a very elaborate comparison to draw conclusions from which one performs better (although it seems both are a clon).

I hope to see more variety of moments analyzed and not only focused on the beginning of the game and more specificity in the average resolution to have a better idea. In the latter it is clear that VGtech is usually more accurate but it is always reduced at the beginning of the game as well.

PS. For me, the most interesting thing is that It is an example that shows that a native version gets much more performance from consoles. In XSX, the framerate, resolution and graphic and asset improvements have been ostensibly improved compared to the XBO X via BC version in performance mode. The same for PS5 and even XSS.

Watch the video again he does not say xsx fps "could even be better in tentense shootouts" he said it is on some occasions, there was no uncertainty about it.

Cherrypepsi

So about that article...

It's funny that they claim there are resolution differences, but they don't say where they found them and in their comparison tool they only include the RT mode, which has no resolution differences

show it!

Edit: this should have been in the other thread

Last edited:

Lysandros

So about that article...

It's funny that they claim there are resolution differences, but they don't say where they found them and in their comparison tool they only include the RT mode, which has no resolution differences

show it!
I agree, Tom is not known for being the best pixel counter around, he made some obvious mistakes in the past. I'll stick with NXgamer figures for now.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I think 60fps on console can be playable.

Worse graphics and 30fps.

But still significantly better than prior gen xbox one or ps4, by far the most likely prior machine of series S buyers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom