• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NXGamer] Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Technical Review of Next Gen Gaming

Comedy Central Drinking GIF by Drunk History

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Just getting this out of the way. This is how this thread is going to go:

- Someone will accuse NXGamer of being a Sony fanboy
- That someone will get outed thanks to the post history feature
- NX gamer will come in and defend himself from accusations of bias
- No one will talk about Ratchet

SlimySnake

I just finished the game yesterday. An absolute stunner. And the Insomniac 2 sec load from save file is completely under rated.
To be fair, it's pretty much standard on PS5 games. Miles blew me away with those 1 second load times, but Demon Souls also had pretty much instantaneous load times. And most recently, Returnal and RE8 also had 1-2 second load times. Just a flash. I didnt even know RE8 had loading until I watched some Mercenaries videos on youtube of someone playing it on a PS4. My mind was blown.

djkimothy

To be fair, it's pretty much standard on PS5 games. Miles blew me away with those 1 second load times, but Demon Souls also had pretty much instantaneous load times. And most recently, Returnal and RE8 also had 1-2 second load times. Just a flash. I didnt even know RE8 had loading until I watched some Mercenaries videos on youtube of someone playing it on a PS4. My mind was blown.
Yah absolutely. Demon Souls had bonkers loading time. Same with Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade (god what a stupidly long title...), I completely forgot that there were load in certain games at all.

It's just a general feature that I feel barely gets any love. It's pretty much the main feature that defines the PS5, and for Insomniac gamifying it in a Rachet Game shows that it can be used to change the way games are made.

Last edited:

JimRyanGOAT

Hopefully, we see more platformers this generation

Can't wait to see what Team Asobi does

Then to top it all off give us PlayStation battle Royal 2 and Sony will have one of the best lineups in gaming history this gen

They have Cinematic masterpieces like Uncharted, GOW, GOT, & LOU

+ they added Deviation & Haven to create MP games to rival the likes of Halo, Apex, CS, Fortnite, Destiny. Basically live games that will last years.

Not to mention Factions, Guerilla games working on a MP game, & possibly a Socom reboot.

If they can get more killer platformers, PS5 will be the best PlayStation ever because it will have it all

Thats why I believe Jim Ryans bets will pay off in the long term. He's structuring everything to produce hits, and only hits. From more multiplayer games, restructuring Japan studios to actually produce more quality games bringing back platformers like Ratchet and Clank

Last edited:

Duchess

All everyone ever talks about is Ratchet and Clank.

FFS, when's Blinx the Timesweeper going to get a reboot?!!!

SlimySnake

Yah absolutely. Demon Souls had bonkers loading time. Same with Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade (god what a stupidly long title...), I completely forgot that there were load in certain games at all.

It's just a general feature that I feel barely gets any love. It's pretty much the main feature that defines the PS5, and for Insomniac gamifying it in a Rachet Game shows that it can be used to change the way games are made.
It IS pretty crazy how I have pretty much started to take for granted these non-existent loading times just a few months into the generation. This and the dualsense are one aspect where Sony really delivered on their pre-release marketing. It wasnt just fancy PR.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
All everyone ever talks about is Ratchet and Clank.

FFS, when's Blinx the Timesweeper going to get a reboot?!!!

That would be poetry as Blinx was touted as impossible on rival consoles due to the XBox having a built in hard drive.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Not another video by this blatant Sony fanboy. its like Sony keep delivering these high quality games and this guy feels the need to do videos all the time, is he not bored? Why doesn’t nxgamer do a video on something else like mario golf?

pfffff

……..

ratchet is pretty damn awesome! hearts ♥️ for insomniac!

TrueLegend

Is TrueLegend TrueLegend going to be a sad puppy?
Everything I said still stands. Its not best looking game. It does not cut top 5 on PC. We got Red Dead Redemption 2 4K60HDR, Cyberpunk 2077 4K60RTXHDR, Battlefield 5 4K60RTXHDR, Assasain's Creed Unity 4K60Auto HDR, Star Wars Battlefront 2 on 4K60HDR looking better than this, the ground foliage and vegetation in ratchet and clank looks average. I never said it looks shitty or something. Do you want me to put red circles all over this idiots video. What is this peasant even testing on because here i am on Sony A90J with BFI ON and the deciduous grasses (all yellow, red dry grasses) look average and there are enough of those to drag presentation down in many scenes. Game looks stunning but is not even close to the best looking game and i have not even mentioned modding with which you can use RTGI on RDR2 at 8k. Good look beating that ever on playstation 5, the cosole will be in fumes.

bitbydeath

Everything I said still stands. Its not best looking game. It does not cut top 5 on PC. We got Red Dead Redemption 2 4K60HDR, Cyberpunk 2077 4K60RTXHDR, Battlefield 5 4K60RTXHDR, Assasain's Creed Unity 4K60Auto HDR, Star Wars Battlefront 2 on 4K60HDR looking better than this, the ground foliage and vegetation in ratchet and clank looks average. I never said it looks shitty or something. Do you want me to put red circles all over this idiots video. What is this peasant even testing on because here i am on Sony A90J with BFI ON and the deciduous grasses (all yellow, red dry grasses) look average and there are enough of those to drag presentation down in many scenes. Game looks stunning but is not even close to the best looking game and i have not even mentioned modding with which you can use RTGI on RDR2 at 8k. Good look beating that ever on playstation 5, the cosole will be in fumes.
RDR2 looks shit IMO. Not even top 5 of last gen.

i'm playing right now !! BEST LOOKING GAME i've seen :)

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Hahahaha you silly snake.

This isnt a versus thread......if this thread even makes it 10 pages in 10 days atleast 1 pig will fly.
These threads only go that way when they are versus threads or are talking about Microsoft titles.

This thread will die by page 3.

Sad but true, people only really get engaged when its versus or they can shit/defend MS.

Caio

Ratchet looks beautiful, a work of art, Insomniac are so talented, and sometimes I think about Resistance4, and what they could do with PS5.

Was Resistance 4 canceled ? Apparently Resistance 4 was in development a long time ago, however the project never saw the light due to Sony's rejection, or at least this is what is reported on truetrophies. Colin Morarty said : "From what I know Insomniac Games was working on Resistance 4, but the project was rejected by Sony in its embryonic stages, because at that time there were also titles such as Killzone Shadow Fall, Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone and The Last Of Us, not another game set in a post-apocalyptic universe was needed Sony believed that it would create a redundancy between the lineups, for this decline the proposal of Insomniac, Resitance 4 could easily be compared to The Last Of Us, to avoid this therefore the project was canceled."

I loved Resistance2, and if you ask me, I would be so happy to see Resistance4 on PS5. But most probably it will never happen.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo

He is a sony fanboy, but that isn’t a bad thing. We all have our fave toys

There’s a lot better looking games out there is all I’m saying, you could have used a better example when talking best graphics ever.
I'm wracking by brain but I can't think of any? I think it is just the scale, the freedom, the believability and consistency of the game that makes it so incredible. Sure you could pick holes in the graphics but as a whole its an incredible achievement.

Merkades

My only issue with this video is that he states that you need to really leave on the DoF and MB, and that is a hard no from me. I played maybe five minutes before I went into options and turn off DoF and turned down MB to two (though zero would have been fine). I get that some people really like effects that turn your screen into a blurry mess, I do, even if I don't really get why... I just wish people would stop being so pigheaded on it. That dude from DF has been trying to convince people for years, and now NXGamer...Guys, some of us will never like things that make the image uglier.

Oh yeah, I also played on 30fps mode, still don't need them. Though next will be NG+ on 60fps... without them, of course.

Unknown?

Ah, sometimes the best comedy is free!

NEbeast

U Mad Reaction GIF

Top Bottom