• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NXGamer] Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus PS5 2TB SSD: Hardware Review with Heatsink

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

From Michael Thompson:

As we have to install all of our games since the last generation, space has become a big thing. Now Speed and Heat is added to the list, step forward Sabrent with its One stop shop for the PS5. 2TB and over 7GB/s speeds, is this the answer to your storage woes and blistering speeds?

Great Hair

Banned
Thanks for the review!

These results pages are useless though. Am i the only one watching YT on a big tellie? I need some binoculars to be able to read, see that. All i see are red, green, yellow bars ..

Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports
Looking Bette Davis GIF by Maudit

vxKq4az.png
BQ95519.png

CLW

Debating between the 4TB Sabrent and Seagate Firecuda. Other than price difference ($130) what performance differences (if any) would I see?

BreakOut

So at the end of the day it’s a yes for this right? I can’t read all that fine print on my phone and don’t have time to do the video. Can anyone just give me a quick yes or no whether or not the heat sink is actually a good solution?
Thats been my only question with this, I thought it was such a clever idea but wasn’t sure if it would actually dissolve heat enough.

I opted for the 1TB version over the 4TB (couldn’t stomach the nearly $800 for something that should be half the price within the next 12-18 months).

I am surprised at how well the side panels “pop” off and “snap” back into place. I was afraid of scarring the black inner body as I had seen some real botched panel removal/installs on various forums, thankfully not the case for me.

after powering the PS5 back on, I was greeted with the option to format, proceeded and then was greeted with a speed test of around 4800MB/s. That threw me off a little bit, so I decided to reformat it again, and on the second try it reported a speed of around 5500MB/s.

just my observation.

finally. I can now install COD. (/s).

Top Bottom