• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NXGamer] The Best Graphics/Technology of 2021

sinnergy

Interested Ooo GIF by reactionseditor
Thinking Reaction GIF
Interested GIF by reactionseditor
Hé even says they adjust the model in game .. how close the camera is .. that’s the definition of culling . Not that I don’t think it looks great , but they need to manage the rendering load.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Hé even says they adjust the model in game .. how close the camera is .. that’s the definition of culling . Not that I don’t think it looks great , but they need to manage the rendering load.

He said they make "slight adjustments, but it is very difficult to tell". Either way, the point they are making is that there is little difference between characters regardless if we are talking about cutscenes or gameplay.

Topher

Gold Member
It also needs to be pointed out that one of the criticisms directed at DF for their selection was that it was based on cutscenes and not game play. With what SlimySnake SlimySnake provided in that DF video we now know that was an incorrect assumption as DF analyzed the differences of cutscenes and gameplay thoroughly.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:

Hunnybun

One thing I will criticise Ratchet for: the game is definitely too dark in its default setting. I found the same thing with the Spiderman games actually, but it's even worse with Ratchet. The in-game contrast setting is too high as well, imo.

The game looks way better if you bump the brightness up to like 65 and the contrast down to 7 or 8.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

“One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority." (Scientists, being primates, and thus given to dominance hierarchies, of course do not always follow this commandment.) Too many such arguments have proved too painfully wrong. Authorities must prove their contentions like everybody else. This independence of science, its occasional unwillingness to accept conventional wisdom, makes it dangerous to doctrines less self critical, or with pretensions of certitude.”​

― Carl Sagan
This quote seems like mother of all conspiracy theories. Maybe if you swap mistrust to question, I would agree.

arvfab

Banned
Do it, they fixed a lot of problems and the game is big and full of loot and shit, it also looks lovely in the outdoors areas.

Did they say something about the announced next-/current-gen version?
I have my copy bought for 12€ still sealed waiting for it.

Topher

Gold Member
This quote seems like mother of all conspiracy theories. Maybe if you swap mistrust to question, I would agree.

I would agree if the quote said mistrust the person but mistrusting "arguments" is completely reasonable to me.

JackMcGunns

Thats fine and I'm glad you enjoyed your time with it but this list is about best looking games in 2021. Flight Sim might have a place in an all time list but this one just focuses on 2021. Metro had it's lighting overhauled while Ride had a visual upgrade done to it. Flight Sim didn't have anything like that done but it still appeared on many sites 2020 list. It's why I think it's a bit weird that some believe it should be included in this list.

Not taking anything away from Flight Sim but it's also the same reason why Demon Souls isn't on this list and that game was also on many sites 2020 list.

No that's fine, I realized later that it was a 2020 release, I mean holy crap did time fly, doesn't feel like it has been that long. 2021 was a blur too with this damn pandemic.

Just look at the Darius87 Darius87 's video it's timed exactly to what most people mean here.You can see individual hair strand and it is a more elegant solution than Biomutant which makes me revise my judgement about VFXVeteran VFXVeteran , it is not professionnal deformation, it's either full on optical problems or clear bias.

3 replies and not a single one what I asked.
Just a heads up, I've played Rift apart, I know you can't give what I asked because it doesn't exist.

Top Bottom