• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NXGamer] The Best Graphics/Technology of 2021

GymWolf

Do you guys legit not understand what he's saying or do you just like to dog pile? Please show me a gameplay view of Ratchet or Rivet where you can see the fur detail. Not one where you have to fudge the camera or a cut scene. Just regular old gameplay.
It is impossible to show fur details with youtube compression at normal gameplay distance, no video is gonna be good enough.

I don't understand why going close to a wall and rotating the camera until it bump on the wall and zoom a lot on the character is not a valid way to judge gameplay graphic anymore when people did this shit for decades of console wars...i was mmm checking lara pointy tits to see how mmm detailed they were in the first tomb raider game with this method ffs.

Of course models have different level of lods, so you can see more details when the camera is close, how is this cheating?!

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It is impossible to show fur details with youtube compression at normal gameplay distance.

I don't understand why going close to a wall and rotating the camera until it bump on the wall and zoom a lot on the character is not a valid way to judge gameplay grophic anymore when people didi this shit for decades of console wars...i was mmm checking lara pointy tits to see how mmm detailed they were in the first tomb raider game with this method...

Of course models have different level of lods, so you can see more details when the camera i close, how is this a cheat?!
Cause, Sony.
jean yves drool GIF by Charlie Mars

You asked for one thing and they give you... a zoomed in photo-mode gif :messenger_beaming:

Well there's this.

Df fur talk 😋

Any claims that the fur goes away is pretty much false at this point. It exists even in gameplay. LOD might change between cutscenes and gameplay but the fur is always present. Also the speculation that the developers chose that camera angle to hide imperfections is pretty much bunk. It was more for the gameplay than anything else.

ethomaz

Banned
Do you guys legit not understand what he's saying or do you just like to dog pile? Please show me a gameplay view of Ratchet or Rivet where you can see the fur detail. Not one where you have to fudge the camera or a cut scene. Just regular old gameplay.
Just play the game.
There is no better evidence that you can see the fur in gameplay.
He even admitted he was being hyperbolic... so why are you trying to defense a lie?

Last edited:

somesang

I didn't get glasses until I was 18. It was life changing. With nothing to compare to, I always assumed what I saw was what everyone saw and never thought twice. Being able to read a speed limit sign a few blocks away was when it hit me that my eyes were bad and glad I finally got glasses. There was one other time I realized the importance of eye exams - when I played Rift Apart and noticeably saw fur during gameplay.

SLB1904

Banned
I didn't get glasses until I was 18. It was life changing. With nothing to compare to, I always assumed what I saw was what everyone saw and never thought twice. Being able to read a speed limit sign a few blocks away was when it hit me that my eyes were bad and glad I finally got glasses. There was one other time I realized the importance of eye exams - when I played Rift Apart and noticeably saw fur during gameplay.
Eye opening

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
E18duYB.jpg

arvfab

Banned
Ehyvk5s.png

just a quick screenshot from youtube.

noticeable is your salt

Looked through my screens.
First one is gameplay, 2nd one is cutscene. There is clearly a fur in both.
Maybe you need a bigger screen or sit closer

ckZdO1X.jpg

fpUAg9l.jpg

In-game:
FqCHeXA.jpg

Photo-mode:
e90Dvlo.jpg

I do really like Forza but the AA used can really spoil things especially in the jungle scenes.

Df fur talk 😋

You are right, when playing R&C I could barely see Ratchet/Rivet on screen...

here you go:

Wasting my time as you won't be able to see the answer for a while but...
3 replies and not a single one what I asked.
Just a heads up, I've played Rift apart, I know you can't give what I asked because it doesn't exist.

"It doesn't exist"

Alan Resnick Ifc GIF by dinakelberman

tommib

"It doesn't exist"

My niece used to do the same when she was 4 and she had made a mistake. She would close her eyes and say, ok, if I don’t see you you don’t exist and you can’t tell me off for breaking the special edition DVD with my bare hands.

"It doesn't exist"

I think this topic is pretty silly as we can clearly see the evidence. Haven't seen any proof of the contrary and those claiming it happens need to provide some proof to counter the others claims. Without any evidence the debate becomes pretty much meaningless.

3 replies and not a single one what I asked.
Just a heads up, I've played Rift apart, I know you can't give what I asked because it doesn't exist.

OBxedCy.gif

tommib

I think this topic is pretty silly as we can clearly see the evidence. Haven't seen any proof of the contrary and those claiming it happens need to provide some proof to counter the others claims. Without any evidence the debate becomes pretty much meaningless.
Yes, we all learned a lesson here. Next time we need to ask for screenshots of furless Ratchet from the flat-earthers.

Top Bottom