• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYP: Professor who donates sperm in city bathrooms has sired 22 kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

“It” is Nagel’s semen, and it’s in demand. The 6-foot-2 CUNY Kingsborough math professor has served as a sperm donor for dozens of locals, siring 22 kids over the past 12 years with 18 women of various backgrounds.

“This isn’t time-consuming, and I’m doing it anyway,” he says of his hand-on hobby. “It’s very easy for me to do.”

His oldest child, now 12, was conceived with a woman he was in a committed relationship with, but all of his offspring since, he says, have resulted from his donations.

This time might do the trick. The prolific professor is often successful, which he attributes to a high sperm count: 85 million per milliliter.

“It’s off the charts,” he boasts. “The clinic said they’ve never seen anything like it.”

(The Mayo Clinic says normal sperm density ranges from 15 million to greater than 200 million sperm per milliliter.)

The first five women he worked with successfully sued him for child support, and nearly half of his paycheck is garnished for his offspring.

“I don’t know what’s more surprising: that five sued or that 17 didn’t,” Nagel says. “They were all well aware there was no financial obligation on my part. They all promise in advance they won’t sue.”

http://nypost.com/2016/06/12/professor-who-donates-sperm-in-city-bathrooms-has-sired-22-kids/

More in the link, including photos.

“I don’t know what’s more surprising: that five sued or that 17 didn’t,” Nagel says. “They were all well aware there was no financial obligation on my part. They all promise in advance they won’t sue.”

Is this guy an idiot or what?

I still don't get how sperm donors can be sued for child support. That seems very off

edit: Lol, for some reason I glossed over the "bathrooms" part. Dumbass

He's listed on the birth certificate as the father.

Yeah, but still all it takes is to know the father and he can be held liable?? Sounds incredibly broken

The Lamp

Can all sperm donors be sued for child support? Anonymous sperm donations should absolve you of that legal risk.

Jacobi

Banned
"The first five women he worked with successfully sued him for child support"

How the heck does that work?

The first five women he worked with successfully sued him for child support, and nearly half of his paycheck is garnished for his offspring.

Fuck that wow. But I guess he's not doing it anonymously.

Edit: lol yeah New York Post. C'mon.

ZeroX03

Banned
front3.jpg

0_0

Why would you expect fatherly support from a guy whose sperm you collected in a Target bathroom?

And this is online-dating reduced to absurdity - women want his junk because he's tall, successful and good-looking, no matter how it looks to outsiders.

Rad-

“I’m not doing it for easy action,” Nagel says. “Isn’t that what Tinder is for?”

About half the time, he provides his seed the old-fashioned way. Sometimes, a lesbian looking to conceive will have her partner in the bed for moral support while she and Nagel engage in intercourse.

Lmao okay dude.

Keri

I still don't get how sperm donors can be sued for child support. That seems very off...Yeah, but still all it takes is to know the father and he can be held liable?? Sounds incredibly broken

Child support is the right of the child. The mother can't waive that right, on the child's behalf. So, the circumstances of the conception don't really matter. I think anonymous donors aren't held liable, mostly because their identity and location is unknown.

When they say he's donating sperm from the bathroom, did anyone else get the sense that they were referencing the err.... traditional method of donating?

Is the article being coy that he's going to public restrooms and donating a canister of butters creamy goo,

Or are they too Christian to say "man goes to Public restrooms and fucks random women"

Chumly

Crazy that he could get sued for child support.
Handshake agreements don't work in this instance. You can't just have sexual intercourse with a women with the promise of no child support.

Otherwise every single dude that didn't want to pay child support would be "sperm donors"

Also for a professor he isn't very smart if he hasn't had a legal document of some sort made stating that the woman won't sue them for paternity, and have them sign it.

Tripon

When they say he's donating sperm from the bathroom, did anyone else get the sense that they were referencing the err.... traditional method of donating?

Is the article being coy that he's going to public restrooms and donating a canister of butters creamy goo,

Or are they too Christian to say "man goes to Public restrooms and fucks random women"

Yes, he's jerking off in public restrooms like Target and Starbucks.

Child support is the right of the child. The mother can't waive that right, on the child's behalf. So, the circumstances of the conception don't really matter. I think anonymous donors aren't held liable, mostly because their identity and location is unknown.

So if a woman uses a sperm bank to get pregnant, she can still sue for child support? Still doesn't make sense. She knew what she was doing here - getting sperm, from a donor - and it seems to me that there should be no expectation of anything more. She should make sure she is able to support the child beforehand (by herself, with partner, or w/e). Absolutely crazy that they can go after the donor who provided a service to them.

Tagyhag

This time might do the trick. The prolific professor is often successful, which he attributes to a high sperm count: 85 million per milliliter.

“It’s off the charts,” he boasts. “The clinic said they’ve never seen anything like it.”

(The Mayo Clinic says normal sperm density ranges from 15 million to greater than 200 million sperm per milliliter.)

Poor bastard got lied to right in his face.

akira28

Because we're still grunting apes trying to show dominance by fucking females and becoming the leader of the group as we fend off competitors?

I was thinking more down to the basic genetic level of getting your dna out there because DNA don't care, but if you want to add social stuff into it sure, he has to spend 0 resources on survival of offspring save for lawyers and legal fees. He's like a human sperm dandelion, just spraying everywhere with little to no consequences.

His brand of 'dominance' would be difficult to combat by your average alpha ape. And I guess we do see examples of this in the actual natural world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom