• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obi-Wan Kenobi | Teaser Trailer | Disney+

3liteDragon

Watch the new teaser trailer for Obi-Wan Kenobi, and start streaming the limited series May 25 on Disney+.

The story begins 10 years after the dramatic events of “Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith” where Obi-Wan Kenobi faced his greatest defeat—the downfall and corruption of his best friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, who turned to the dark side as evil Sith Lord Darth Vader. The series stars Ewan McGregor, reprising his role as the iconic Jedi Master, and also marks the return of Hayden Christensen in the role of Darth Vader. Joining the cast are Moses Ingram, Joel Edgerton, Bonnie Piesse, Kumail Nanjiani, Indira Varma, Rupert Friend, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Sung Kang, Simone Kessell and Benny Safdie.

“Obi-Wan Kenobi” is directed by Deborah Chow and executive-produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Michelle Rejwan, Deborah Chow, Ewan McGregor and Joby Harold.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I am ready!
Star Wars GIF

kunonabi

I hate the inquisitors so an easy pass for me especially since they're probably going to shoe horn in another Vader/Obi-Wan fight. I'll check out Hayden's scenes on YouTube though.

Rockondevil

Gold Member
This better be good. I'm so sick of Disney and their apparent hatred of using space wizards, so I'm keen to hopefully have some of that.

Using Duel of the Fates though... not sure how i feel about that.

Saber

Gold Member
Looks interesting I guess.

Just hope they don't go to "Magic of Disney" and blew yet another Star War try out. Disney and Star Wars clearly don't mix well together...this might not end well like some might hope. Could another stupid Disney shit take, baited with nostalgia.

Last edited:

Dazrael

I kinda hate how they are trying to make Obi-Wan have an adventure out of this. In my head canon Kenobi just meditated for the 20 or so years waiting for Luke to come of age. Tatooine is meant to be in the arse end of nowhere so no one would know that they are there.

In Disney lore though Tatooine seems to be like Grand Central Station with everyone in the galaxy passing through it.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I kinda hate how they are trying to make Obi-Wan have an adventure out of this. In my head canon Kenobi just meditated for the 20 or so years waiting for Luke to come of age. Tatooine is meant to be in the arse end of nowhere so no one would know that they are there.

In Disney lore though Tatooine seems to be like Grand Central Station with everyone in the galaxy passing through it.

your head canon Obi-wan sucks. There’s a lot of cool stuff that can be explored between the OT and PT and ST…well, as long as we pretend the ST doesn’t exist

Last edited:

Vestal

Gold Member
STRAIGHT INTO MY VEINS.

Teaser is the word alright. The combination of Visuals and the music was perfection!

give it to me GIF

Edit: Transition from Duel of the Fates to Battle of Heroes.... HNNNNGGGGGGG

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member
I wasn't sure what I'd think of this. Similar to D Dazrael in my head Obi Wan went into hermit life after the fall of the Republic. But this looks cool.

Although I will say I'm not necessarily a fan of the idea that

Obi-Wan and Vader will apparently meet again in this. I like the idea that A New Hope is the first time they have met since Mustafar.

But I guess I'll see how they handle it.

ManaByte

Gold Member
So the twist is apparently:
The Inquisitors don't know they're hunting Obi-Wan. The thing the draws him off Tattooine is apparently Bail Organa comes to him and Leia has been kidnapped. They don't know she's Vader's daughter, just the daughter of a prominent senator and they believe he'd send a Jedi to find her.

Inspector Q

your head canon Obi-wan sucks. There’s a lot of cool stuff that can be explored between the OT and PT and ST…well, as long as we pretend the ST doesn’t exist
Unfortunately, with Disney's track record with Star Wars there is a decent chance we come back here after seeing this show and are like "Goddamn, Dazrael's head canon was amazing!" Let's hope not, lol.

I just need them to not shit on Obi-wan or Vader. Just respect these characters and don't job them out to random characters portrayed by people like Sasha Banks. If I see random Inquisitor girl destroy Obi-wan and then have him saved at the last second by Aunt Beru...I am going to lose my shit, hah.

NoviDon

Just from the vibe of the trailer it feels like this has the potential to have the best atmosphere in a SW picture since Rogue One, seems like its made by people who understand the universe off first impression. definitely got me hyped.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
What does limited series mean please? Like they made 10 episodes but only showing 5 then another 5 in 6 months?

Sorry if that sounds spazzy I have no idea 😳

ManaByte

Gold Member
What does limited series mean please? Like they made 10 episodes but only showing 5 then another 5 in 6 months?

Sorry if that sounds spazzy I have no idea 😳

It was originally a movie (was going to be the standalone after Solo). When they ended the standalone movies they took the Obi-Wan script and expanded it to a six-episode mini series and got Deborah Chow to direct all six episodes and John Williams to conduct the theme.

John Williams composed the theme for the series. JOHN FUCKING WILLIAMS
So? He composed the music for the sequel trilogy too. I'm not criticizing the music, it's the choice of music I see for what it is. It's straight out of their corporate minded playbook, rinse and repeat. "Play Duel of Fates and Battle of Heroes, those nerds will eat it up," and boom - here you are, right on cue. Nothing in the trailer warrants the score - it's jarring, on the nose and cringe. They used to have meaning, but now it's like playing a laugh track.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Well that wasn't too bad. Definitely a hit right in the nostalgia when the music kicked in. Guess I'll be tuning in.

Halcyon

I have a weird suspicion they're going to do a Hawkeye/Boba Fett and make the lady inquisitor the actual main character.

Sybrix

Looks really good, cant wait.

I hope people understand that we wont be seeing Obi-Wan with a lightsaber.... he is in hiding

Star-Lord

Looks good, getting some Fallen Order vibes with those Inquisitors. Hope its better than Boba Fett.
That’s the vibe I got from it too, and damn if it hasn’t for me excited. The visuals look absolutely stunning, and that music - ugh, Disney, you keep on drawing me right back in.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
That’s the vibe I got from it too, and damn if it hasn’t for me excited. The visuals look absolutely stunning, and that music - ugh, Disney, you keep on drawing me right back in.

Haha. I try not to get too invested in it. I am a former Star Wars fan-atic but now reformed/moved past that. Now I just watch the movies and TV shows and hope for an entertaining time without too much BS. Mandalorian was great, Fett not so much. Kenobi is defiantly looking promising though!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Probably the most hyped I've been for a Disney Star Wars.
They better not fuck it up!

Dr Bass

Haha. I try not to get too invested in it. I am a former Star Wars fan-atic but now reformed/moved past that. Now I just watch the movies and TV shows and hope for an entertaining time without too much BS. Mandalorian was great, Fett not so much. Kenobi is defiantly looking promising though!
You and me both.

I am not into the new stuff. But out of everything being made, this has the most potential to be good. At least that's my feeling, and Obi-Wan did once say to stretch out with your feelings. :pie_thinking:

Will wait to see what the reactions are, and for the entire series to be available and then maybe check it out.

MrMephistoX

Fett is better if you watch it in one continuous sitting. The episodic nature and weird design choices were definitely wtf week to week especially stewing over each detail week to week on social. Lets face it anything is better than TROS.

Top Bottom