• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obsidian Considered Doing a Walking Dead RPG

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In a recent interview with NME, Obsidian Entertainment co-founder and current CEO Feargus Urquhart discussed his role as an important figure in game development, especially in the RPG genre. As well as the impressive resume of titles he and his team have already left in their wake, it turns out there were ideas for yet more games. First and foremost, Obsidian had an idea for a role-playing title based on the Walking Dead series but was unable to find a publisher interested enough in the project. On top of that, Urquhart was also keen to do a Rick and Morty game, but this fizzled out after Microsoft acquired the developer in 2018.

killatopak

Gold Member
I don’t really trust the current Obsidian to do a New Vegas level of writing especially after Outer Worlds. Walking Dead as a franchise is very dialogue heavy and narrative driven and isn’t very action based like say Days Gone. It will live and die by the narrative so I’d rather them not fuck it up unless I get proven otherwise with their new game like Avowed.

Buggy Loop

I think most peoples are burnt from the walking dead franchise, the series went to shit and didn’t leave a good impression.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’d rather see them take an existing Microsoft ip, and do an RPG. Something like Conker could have potential.

Teslerum

For all the answers here....

You do realize he's talking about before Microsoft aquired them? Like not now? Why are you talking about it like he means now?

It's right there in the OP.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

The Walking Dead is a washed up franchise. Plenty of other fictional worlds to use if they don't feel like creating their own.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Enough zombie games already.

leon-s-kennedy-leon.gif

Top Bottom