• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October’s ‘free’ games with Amazon Prime Gaming: Fallout 76, Middle Earth Shadow of War & Total War Warhammer II

Draugoth

Gold Member

The next batch of ‘free’ titles set to be offered to Amazon Prime Gaming members has seemingly leaked.

According to highly reliable Dealabs user and leaker billbil-kun, October’s Prime Gaming line-up will include seven free titles.

They reportedly include Fallout 76, Middle-earth: Shadow of War and Total War: Warhammer II.

The full list of games reportedly coming to Amazon Prime Gaming in October is as follows:

• Fallout 76
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  • Total War: Warhammer II
  • Glass Masquerade
  • Loom
  • Hero’s Hour
  • Horace

Last edited:

Sentenza

Genuinely don't care about FO76 and I already have the other two.
Well, I guess it just goes to add to the growing pile of doubles since I already have a Prime subscription.
Not that I was ever going to install the Amazon client, anyway.

Schmick

Wow, got to love that value PR speak. I think i would rather have the money Amazon. I have a loft conversation to finance.
According to Amazon, in 2021 Prime Gaming offered members over 100 free games and more than 675 in-game content offers.

Josh Dodson, head of business development and operations at Prime Gaming, told VentureBeat this content made up over $21,600 in value per Prime member
Middle Earth - Shadow of War? Is that a sequel to the Middle Earth - Mordor?

Last edited:

SScorpio

Wow, got to love that value PR speak. I think i would rather have the money Amazon. I have a loft conversation to finance.

Middle Earth - Shadow of War? Is that a sequel to the Middle Earth - Mordor?
It's the sequel to Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor which is currently one of the offered game right now.

Wildebeest

The list is real anyway.

I don't know how they are going to deliver Fallout 76. Surely not a steam key.

If you are going to play LOOM™ then the recommended version isn't the sometimes poorly coloured in VGA version but the original EGA with some sort of CRT effect to blur it.

Wildebeest

Sequel to SoM yeah. Decent game & they killed off the paid lootbox BS a while ago

Bethesda Launcher is dead, so that leaves Steam... and Microsoft Store. Oh.
They might add it to epic. I don't think it would be allowed on gog since it is impossible to play without online drm.

Trogdor1123

Really want to play fallout 76 on ps5 but I’m waiting for the 60 fps patch on ps5… if it ever shows up. I’ll don’t recall them ever saying it would but I’m still hoping!

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Those are all good releases.

76 has it's issues, but if you are a fan of the series, it's one of the best maps the series has ever put out, even if the story telling and RPG aspects are watered down heavily, it's very fun with some buddies.

Warhammer 2 is one of the most addictive and replayable RTS games I've ever played and it's insanely fun if you can play a co-op or even competitive campaign with a buddy. I even wrote up a Warhammer 2 Lttp about it. Great game.

Shadow of War was ok, very bloated, but the core elements are very fun and it's a great time messing with the orcs.

All solid freebies if you've never played them or can give them to some buddies.

Aren’t these only free and playable for one month only?

As in, I’d have to buy them in November if I wanted to keep playing them?

I have prime, but never downloaded one of these “freebies”.

PhoenixTank

Aren’t these only free and playable for one month only?

As in, I’d have to buy them in November if I wanted to keep playing them?

I have prime, but never downloaded one of these “freebies”.
Nope. Just claim/register them in the month they're available, and they're to keep.
Some are keys, some require linking accounts, some are amazon games app only (previously Twitch desktop)

Last edited:

BabyYoda

Banned
Nope. Just claim/register them in the month they're available, and they're to keep.
Some are keys, some require linking accounts, some are amazon games app only (previously Twitch desktop)
Is that a US only thing, I never saw it when subbed to Prime in the uk?

EDMIX

Will skip everything else as I already own Fallout 76 (really not as bad as many cried about but ok), already own Shadow Of War (99% sure it was from PS Plus) annnnnd will claim Total War. A solid series and wanted to buy it a few years ago when it came out but didn't get the time.

Free is always the best time lol

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’ve heard good things about Fallout 76, which obviously isn’t in the same state it was at launch.

I’ll gladly take it for free.

Mr Moose

Sequel to SoM yeah. Decent game & they killed off the paid lootbox BS a while ago

Bethesda Launcher is dead, so that leaves Steam... and Microsoft Store. Oh.
Can confirm it's MS store version of Fallout 76.
Does anyone want my code?

Middle-earth: Shadow of War isn't on my list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom