• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October 2022 US NPD THREAD : Gaming flat YOY, #1 PS unit and rev and Xbox #2, HW down 10%, SW up 2% YOY

skit_data

Looks like the market for Switch is getting saturated, which is good because I want to see a new Nintendo console. Preferrably with BC so I can get all Switch games I’ve missed.

ungalo

What makes you think it's a mistake?

It's two days of only physical sales. What games do you think it should have charted above?
Nevermind i thought it was weekly sales. Would have liked it to perform better than a port but whatever.

Woopah

Nevermind i thought it was weekly sales. Would have liked it to perform better than a port but whatever.
It's physical sales were higher than the physical and digital sales of Persona 5 Royal on Switch. But the later also released on Xbox and PC which took it higher than Bayonetta in the overall chart.

KellyM

Lots of good news this month

• Good debut for Gotham Knights and very very strong launch for MW2
  • XS and PS5 finally getting good amounts of stock
  • Grounded seems like a mini sleeper hit
  • Star Ocean did pretty well on PS
  • Sparks of Hope had a nice launch and it's great to see Bayonetta 3, Nier and Persona 5 all doing pretty well on Switch
The only downside is Switch hardware, but with Pokémon next month and the usual Nintendo holiday boost there is still a decent chance that Switch remains the best selling platform of 2022.

Switch is definitely stating to slow down on hardware but it's still on track for a 19 million year and software sales are still going up, so they still have some time before they need to release a new model.

From the leaked specs there is a very good chance it performs better than a Steam Deck (depending on the other specs and what the clocks are).
Star Ocean for was for PS4/ PS5 , Xbox one and Xbox box series so the Sales are for all those consoles not just PS.

Woopah

Star Ocean for was for PS4/ PS5 , Xbox one and Xbox box series so the Sales are for all those consoles not just PS.
Yes you're right, I was getting confused with Valkyrie Elysium.

Having said that, Star Ocean didn't chart on Xbox so we can't be too sure how it did on that platform.

Remember forums used to have leakers that would give us numbers or pie charts before people scared them off? I'd like to know the sales difference between the 3 consoles.

On the bright side each black Friday period there's always a sales leak for THAT day within a week, so at least we have that coming.

Top Bottom