• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Octopath Traveler 2 Prologue Demo available today

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Nice! I'm also guessing you can transfer you save data to full game as well.

Labadal

Nice! I'm also guessing you can transfer you save data to full game as well.
They said so in the direct, but should be expected from Team Asano, by now.

I bought the PS5 version, searched the PS Store, but found no entry for the game at all. Oh well, I guess that I will just wait for the full game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yeah, I missed that during the direct. I bought Switch version because I played original game on Switch and I like playing turn based RPG like this one on handheld.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'd be all over this, but I actually changed my pre-order over from the Switch to PC.

Still very much hyped though!

JaksGhost

I bought the PS5 version, searched the PS Store, but found no entry for the game at all. Oh well, I guess that I will just wait for the full game.

You can add it through there or the PS app.

Last edited:

Shifty1897

Is this the same setup as the first? 8 independent stories?
Yes, The Canterbury Tales inspiration runs through this title as well. The characters do seem like they might interact a little more this time though.

I played through the Thief prologue on PS5 tonight, then picked up the cleric and started his prologue. Everything seems very much like Octopath 1, but a little better. Battle system, graphics, writing, etc. If you liked Octopath 1, you're going to feel right at home here.

The one thing that hasn't impressed me yet was the music. The original's soundtrack blew me away, this one just seems fine, at least so far. Maybe things will change.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Didn't think they would, but they also put the demo on Steam. Gonna try it a bit later today.

Reactions: Isa

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Gonna try the demos on Switch and PS5 to decide. I really prefer portable as an option for games like this.

So there's a 3 hour limit for the demo, but you can start a new game and play another character? Then I guess you'll be able to import only one of these 3 hour saves to the full game, right?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
So there's a 3 hour limit for the demo, but you can start a new game and play another character? Then I guess you'll be able to import only one of these 3 hour saves to the full game, right?
Correct. Only one save slot.

So if there's a character you want to transfer the progress of in the full game, you should play as that character last so there's no more overwrite.

Oberstein

Gorgeous game.

Several stories really stand out. It's much less of a playbook. Hopefully it will be confirmed on February 24th.

Synless

So I played through three and a half characters (traveled around picking up characters and playing their prologues). I feel like this one is a step up in the character department. I played as the girl who wants to be an actor, the mage guy in prison, the assassin with the collar, and started the cleric/inquisitor.

Tried it on both consoles and couldn't tell a difference. Gonna go with a physical copy on Switch to match my first one.
What systems did you play it on? There is a massive difference from PS5 from switch in frame rate and resolution alone.

Last edited:

Labadal

I finally had some time to try this out. I picked Throné, and I will stick with the save until I get the full game.

The game looks good, soundtrack is top tier stuff, voice acting is average at best, but I will stick to English. I have only fought a few encounters, but it seems like more Octo combat, which I was a fan of. A big plus for QoL additions like fast forward, and changing day/night at will.

So far, I am impressed. Late February will be great for me, because I will be rotating Octopath 2 and Ishin!

Top Bottom